Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-29-2011, 03:07 PM #1
THE PAINTBALL NINJA

Minimag leak

I recently had a problem with the pt spacer on my automag (air leak mid trigger pull) so I solved it by grinding down the spacer slightly and now it doesn't have any problems there. But now i've noticed a new problem (i don't know if it could be related to the spacer or not), When i gas it up, I can hear it leaking slightly somewhere near the classic valve. even when I hold the trigger it still leaks. Is this related to my newly shortened spacer? (the leak is nowhere near the barrel) Or is it something else?
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2011, 09:12 PM #2
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
KartaKeeper is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
the o-rings on the on/off likely need to be replaced.

you shouldn't have had to grind down anything to fix an issue though.

if you are having trouble finding the leak you can gas the marker up and place it in a large tub or sink of water to help pinpoint the problem area
KartaKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:29 PM #3
THE PAINTBALL NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartaKeeper View Post
the o-rings on the on/off likely need to be replaced.

you shouldn't have had to grind down anything to fix an issue though.

if you are having trouble finding the leak you can gas the marker up and place it in a large tub or sink of water to help pinpoint the problem area
The grinding was just to shorten the spacer. (i didnt want to buy the smaller one) I just ordered an o-ring kit from agd. we'll see how it goes.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:26 PM #4
THE PAINTBALL NINJA

O-ring kit came, I replaced every o-ring and this thing still leaks! Is it because of what i did to the spacer?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 PM #5
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i am ahving the same problem i think. I have been recently been having a major leak. Once i pull the trigger it usually fires one paintball but it seem or at least sounds like the valve never closes up and the co2 just keeps on venting through the bolt. I eventually opend up the side feed and put one paintball in there and i fired it and it shot but the bolt seem to stick forward and not move back like it should. i have changed every o-ring and oiled everything that can/should be oiled and it still has the problem. pm me if you have any suggestions or help.
Freedy500 is offline   Reply With Quote