carlin3
Crusader Paintball

carlin3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
carlin3 is for the Gunfight
carlin3 posts videos on PbNation
carlin3 plays in the APPA D4 division
carlin3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Next year

Hey guys, I was just hoping to bring across the idea that next year, instead of just high schools, we open up the tournaments for district teams. Meaning that people from two or more highschools, that are in the same district, can form a team. I feel that the sport is not yet widespread enough for us to limit teams to only be formed through high schools. Please let me know your opinions on the subject
carlin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:52 PM #2
xlPAINTBALLlx
CP Factory Team

xlPAINTBALLlx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xlPAINTBALLlx plays in the APPA D4 division
I agree, please respond. Every time I have ever contacted NCPA, I have never not once been replied to

xlPAINTBALLlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 PM #3
protoballer14
HSI Baller

protoballer14 supports Team VICIOUS
protoballer14 posts videos on PbNation
protoballer14 is an NCPA player
protoballer14 plays in the APPA beginner division
protoballer14 supports DLX Technology
Ncpa is horrible at communication. I like the idea. They also need more district tournaments and promotion if they really want this to be a success

Type 1 Diabetes Awareness
protoballer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:00 PM #4
carlin3
Crusader Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoballer14 View Post
Ncpa is horrible at communication. I like the idea. They also need more district tournaments and promotion if they really want this to be a success
Old 06-19-2012, 12:00 PM #5
Empire's Ghost
Philly Onslaught

Empire's Ghost owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Empire's Ghost supports Team VICIOUS
Empire's Ghost supports Team VICIOUS
Empire's Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Empire's Ghost plays in the APPA D5 division
Agreed
Empire's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM #6
protoballer14
HSI Baller

Seriously, like I would be willing to put together a few tournaments in Michigan and have the districts play each other to find a state champion (who would then go on to the regionals). Thats how it should be.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:34 PM #7
carlin3
Crusader Paintball

Quote:
Seriously, like I would be willing to put together a few tournaments in Michigan and have the districts play each other to find a state champion (who would then go on to the regionals). Thats how it should be.
absolutely agreed
Old 06-29-2012, 10:04 AM #8
protoballer14
HSI Baller

I tried emailing chris about making some changes and got no reply, not to my surprise. Anyone else have any changes they would like to be changes about the league? I have a few:

Paint cap raised/removed- I understand where chris is coming from by wanting a paint cap. The point of the cap is to promote using "strategy" and saving your paint for the rights shots. It also promotes a more beginner friendly environment by making it easier to perhaps move up, or make it to your bunker off the break. The problem I see with the paint cap is that 3 man is a relatively long game in comparison to 5-man or 7-man. The average time one player spends on the field alive in a 5-man point is less that of the 3-man. We could predict that that extended time on the field would relate to shooting more paint. I see the paint cap working in a 5-man setting but its just not practical in a 3 man. I myself bring a hopper and 4-5 pods out in a 3 man tournament point and shoot most of it. While playing the same position in a 5 man match I will only bring out 2-3 pods. I think if a change where to be made it would be beneficial to just raise the cap, to say 400 balls/player. This would still retain the beginner aspect but allow more practical shooting.

Another weakness I see in this league is the absence of local tournaments. Coming directly from the NCPA website it states "Win free entry and paint to Regional Champs when you play Local Events." Where are these local events? Granted as a high school league we don't get enough attention but if thats the case then I see the NCPA needs to claim the league as a failure, because it is clear they can't even follow their own set claims, and end the league OR they need to acquire more employees to help run the league. I myself have volunteered my time to organize local events in the Michigan area but have gotten no response. This lack of response leads to another change that needs to be made.

The way I see it, customer relations is really low when it comes to the NCPA. The fact that your not allowed to directly PM Chris on PBnation is a problem. Also, when trying to contact the NCPA about regionals last year it took 2-3 weeks to get a response. That in my honest opinion is ridiculous. Not to mention the several calls I made that went unanswered. Its not just on the part of the customers though. We where the only team at our regionals and when asking the field what to do when it comes to playing they didn't know. They said they had minimal contact from the organization and that they did not know what to do. For that matter, they didn't even have enough reffing staff to reasonably hold a tournament! Im not trying to blame the field for this but I would like to see more contact between the organization and the field, as well as the organization and the customer.

Those are just some of my little rants. Feel free to add or debate what I have here.

Last edited by protoballer14 : 06-29-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:17 PM #9
HSpbPro

Quote:
I tried emailing chris about making some changes and got no reply, not to my surprise. Anyone else have any changes they would like to be changes about the league? I have a few:

Paint cap raised/removed- I understand where chris is coming from by wanting a paint cap. The point of the cap is to promote using "strategy" and saving your paint for the rights shots. It also promotes a more beginner friendly environment by making it easier to perhaps move up, or make it to your bunker off the break. The problem I see with the paint cap is that 3 man is a relatively long game in comparison to 5-man or 7-man. The average time one player spends on the field alive in a 5-man point is less that of the 3-man. We could predict that that extended time on the field would relate to shooting more paint. I see the paint cap working in a 5-man setting but its just not practical in a 3 man. I myself bring a hopper and 4-5 pods out in a 3 man tournament point and shoot most of it. While playing the same position in a 5 man match I will only bring out 2-3 pods. I think if a change where to be made it would be beneficial to just raise the cap, to say 400 balls/player. This would still retain the beginner aspect but allow more practical shooting.

Another weakness I see in this league is the absence of local tournaments. Coming directly from the NCPA website it states "Win free entry and paint to Regional Champs when you play Local Events." Where are these local events? Granted as a high school league we don't get enough attention but if thats the case then I see the NCPA needs to claim the league as a failure, because it is clear they can't even follow their own set claims, and end the league OR they need to acquire more employees to help run the league. I myself have volunteered my time to organize local events in the Michigan area but have gotten no response. This lack of response leads to another change that needs to be made.

The way I see it, customer relations is really low when it comes to the NCPA. The fact that your not allowed to directly PM Chris on PBnation is a problem. Also, when trying to contact the NCPA about regionals last year it took 2-3 weeks to get a response. That in my honest opinion is ridiculous. Not to mention the several calls I made that went unanswered. Its not just on the part of the customers though. We where the only team at our regionals and when asking the field what to do when it comes to playing they didn't know. They said they had minimal contact from the organization and that they did not know what to do. For that matter, they didn't even have enough reffing staff to reasonably hold a tournament! Im not trying to blame the field for this but I would like to see more contact between the organization and the field, as well as the organization and the customer.

Those are just some of my little rants. Feel free to add or debate what I have here.
Why are you not running the High School league for them then?! I 100% agree with everything here
HSpbPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 PM #10
protoballer14
HSI Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSpbPro View Post
Why are you not running the High School league for them then?! I 100% agree with everything here
Haha thanks, I have offered my services on a few accounts now with no reply at all. I guess in their minds customer service ranks below everything else, which is hard to believe because there is hardly anything going on right now when it comes to the High School League. Its really disappointing in my view to see such a great league going to waste. The high schools league is a great opportunity and an amazing idea for promoting the sport at a lower level. But as I've said before, and will say again. If they want my help, as I believe I have a lot to offer and can help bring this league to the next level, all they need to do is contact me. For now the way I see it is nothing will come of it unfortunately.