Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
The collection of Intimidators so massive it can only belong to Lopez.

First, thanks to PBNation for setting this forum up. It's a great idea and the collections that have been posted in the week that it's been open have been impressive to say the least.

Pictured below are the Intimidators in my collection. With the exception of the 2K2's I still have all of the Intimidators in my possession. For giggles, I should take a picture of my garage and illustrate what it takes just to store them all. Plus the 24 Loaders, 14 Tanks, 25+ barrels/kits and everything else. I'd have to take a picture separately of my intimidator parts and tool kits as they take up an entire 8 foot folding table in my kitchen.

For kicks I threw in some pics of some of my other markers including some vintage AKA goodies! Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I apologize upfront for the crappy pictures. I'm not a photographer, don't pretend to be one and didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Last edited by lopez17 : 05-10-2012 at 07:50 PM.
lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM #2
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is Immortal
RARE STUFF

These are the rare Intimidators. Unlike other markers, the truly rare Intimidators were small production runs defined by unique milling and not anodizing.

Prototype Ironman Intimidator
The Prototype Ironman Intimidators only have 4 milled panels instead of the 5 or 6 that the standard production run sported. I rebuilt this one from scratch getting new jewels, attaching an Empire Gripframe, Yakuza board, and Redz Feedneck. I kept the 2K2 vibe by keeping the Ironman 2K2 block, Chain Trigger guard and Tomahawk eye covers. As a tribute to IOG, I put on some custom IOG grips. They break up the ninja look and add a splash of color consistent with the feel of the gun. It also has a Techna Scythe...as most of my markers do.

Ripper 1.25 (Prototypes)
Unlike most BS claims that you'll see in the BST section of this site where people claim to have a 1 of X marker where X is some artificially low number, these markers are truly 1 of 3. Jim only milled three of these guys. I own two. I'm told by the BLAST guys that Bob has the 3rd in his office. At some point I'd love to complete the trifecta.

HELLWOOD Intimidator
The Hellwood Intimidators were made for Hellwood, a paintball team in France. In 2007, Bob mentioned at World Cup that 40 bodies were made, however only 14 production guns made it to the team. These markers are essentially Naughty Dog Intimidators without the paw print milled into the body. They've become a coveted gun among many Intimidator fans due to the fact that they're exceedingly hard to get. The team is based out of Europe and to my knowledge there are only 3 of the guns that have come into the United States. This one and two others. The body is also something of a novelty and combined with the rarity it's turned many would be Intimidator collectors into Ahab chasing after a White Whale (or in this case a purple-black fade Hellwood). The original regulator was a little beaten up, so I tossed on a newer Torpedo. I also added the Empire trigger guard and a Techna. It sports a Tadao M6 board.

Last edited by lopez17 : 02-24-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM #3
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is Immortal
RIPPERS

I'm known for having Rippers. Lots of them. There's something about them that's amazing. The milling has always been impressive, they look great on the field and the Classics in particular, catch people's attention. The classic rippers are nearly 12 years old and have held a consistent value and those in good shape still fetch decent prices. I've been fortunate to find several in really amazing condition and with minimal wear. All of mine are the original anodizing/color schemes including some of the more uncommon ones.

Ripper 1 - Ironman
The Black-Clear Fade was a custom design for Bob Long's Ironmen. A few months back in the Intimidator of the Month thread, there were some really awesome pictures posted. It was good to see that so many have survived and are in great shape. I got this guy about five years ago, gutted it and rebuilt it from scratch. It has a Techna Scythe, AKA 2 Liter, and an Empire Gripframe that was anodized to match the marker. It's an impressive marker.

Ripper 1 - Black and Blue
This is the first Ripper that I bought. I love the striking color of the Black-Blue fade. I've toyed with several configurations for it. I had dualies on it for about two years but they didn't work well with the Empire frame as it put too much pressure on the barb. I eventually had the underside milled, the body tapped and put in an Alias front block/LPR, Alias Ram Sleeve and fully 2K5'd it.

Ripper 1 - Black

This is the latest acquisition to my collection of Classic Rippers. It's been owned (at several times) by two friends of mine (McGyver and Tabris17). McGyver owned it back in 2005/2006 and made it Black with Lime accents. The parts, unfortunately, were over anodized and the marker never worked quite right. It eventually went to Tabby and he got it back up and Ninja'd it out. He sold it and then got it back. Now it's in my hands. It's a great marker and compliments my other Ninja'd markers well.

Ripper 1 - Under Construction
My last two Ripper 1's are still under construction. They're also two of my favorite markers. I picked the Black-Green one up last year. It's barely been used. Ever. When I bought the gun it was covered in a layer of dust indicating it hadn't been touched in many years. It's so new, there's no wear in the breach. It's been tapped for a 2K5 block and milled underneath to facilitate an Empire frame. Once I get an anodizer to color match a frame and accent parts to the marker it's going to look damn sharp. The last marker is a chrome plated Classic. I've been told that there were only two of these done and I've been told that there were five done. Regardless there weren't many. The chrome polishes up very well. I'm going to have the accent parts done in lime, and a gripframe done in chrome as well. It should look incredibly sharp when it's done.

Ripper 2
This was my workhorse marker for several years. I bought it the week it hit the market in 2004. I loved the milling and other than a few o-ring changes, I've never had to do any major maintenance on it.

Ripper 2.5
I was bored in the winter a few years back and snagged the 2.5 for a good price. It had accents that sucked so I ninja'd it out. I love this milling pattern. It's a nice mix between the Classic scheme, the 1.25 and the 2.

Ripper 3
This marker, my Ripper 2 and my Vice have the distinction of being my workhorse markers. Of the last 10 years these have been my primary marker for about 7 of those years. Terry was kind enough to give me dibs on a Ripper 3 as they hit the market in 2006. This was the first one released and was built by Terry. Not surprisingly I've never had any issues, and have yet to change an o-ring in it. It's still one of my fastest markers.

Last edited by lopez17 : 05-10-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM #4
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is Immortal
Other, more Vintage Intimidators

Here are the other Intimidators that I own. They're not listed in any particular order. Some of them I bought new (Texas Storm) and then modified and upgraded. Some were project markers (Classic, GZ). Others were great buys (Lasoya).

Texas Storm

GZ

Lasoya

Classic
Interesting note about this classic, the black-olive fade is rather uncommon. This is also one of the few markers that doesn't have a classic threaded feedneck. It's threaded for impulse/ion threads.

2K2's
Both of these are long gone and have the distinction of being the last two Intimidators that I bought new and sold.

Last edited by lopez17 : 05-10-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM #5
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is Immortal
Recent Bob Long Stuff

These markers are a little newer in the scheme of things. I love the contrast of Ninja markers but I also love the look of Gloss Lime Green.

Vice

G6R

Ripper Victory

Last edited by lopez17 : 05-10-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM #6
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is Immortal
AKA Markers

Next to Bob Long, I adore AKA's stuff. I feel like AKA's precision machining has been the best in the industry and the fact that they got caught up in all that Smart Parts patent BS only served to deprive the paintball community of some real innovation.

Excalibur - 17
This is one of the earliest Excals on the market. Until I sent it to DC last year for an overdue tune up it still had the original MAC solenoids. The wiring was finally getting brittle and cracking. After getting some new noids it worked flawlessly again. Jared's a beast and gets my recommendation for any AKA work. I'm also fortunate that my neighbor VicodinES can handle most straight forward AKA work too. Though it's heavy as a brick, it's by far the smoothest marker I own.

Vikings
I've owned some awesome Vikings over the years. My current one is pictured below with the Pevs and AKA sticker. It's a beast and used to belong to RobAGD. It was a workhorse on several local Pev's Teams and is just awesome. The Featherlite and stock Viking were markers I used to own.

Last edited by lopez17 : 05-10-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM #7
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is Immortal
Reserved for Future Use

Last edited by lopez17 : 05-10-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM #8
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is Immortal
Reserved for Future Use

Last edited by lopez17 : 05-10-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 PM #10
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
Get ready everyone, this is seriously an impressive amount of quality guns in one place.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:43 PM #11
loki1313
I NEED MY MAKER'S

loki1313 plays in the PSP
loki1313 posts videos on PbNation
loki1313 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I hate you Lopez, I want one of your 1.25s dammit!!!
loki1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:00 AM #12
battlechaser
Seņor Member

Loki you need to get in line. Lol

I'd settle for the black to lime faded R1.

As always nice pics, Pez .

"If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste; use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste..." - Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
battlechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 AM #13
gunhero5
Aim High - Don't Die

Annual Supporting Member
gunhero5 is a Moderator
gunhero5 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
gunhero5 is BST Legit
gunhero5 supports Bob Gurnsey
gunhero5 supports our troops
gunhero5 is Immortal
Wow, your black/blue R1 almost looks identical to mine, empire frame and all. Mine has a matching deco block however.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 AM #14
bigbthebenji
Purveyor of Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
bigbthebenji is an NCPA player
bigbthebenji has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
bigbthebenji is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
bigbthebenji is Legendary
bigbthebenji is Boss
I wonder who has the flame intimidator. I remember it popped up in like 2005 or 6 for like $700, I should have bought it! 1 of 3 I believe. You wouldn't happen to have one of those hiding in your collection would you?
bigbthebenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:52 AM #15
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is Immortal
There are only two Flame Intimidators. The black-red and the funky black with chrome accents. I don't own either but I'm told both have extensive wear.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 AM #16
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
The Flames have gotten fairly passed around like Vegas whores.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 PM #17
dpmorganproduction1

like them all love the AKA's and the protoypes timmies the most
dpmorganproduction1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:11 PM #18
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I wonder who has the flame intimidator. I remember it popped up in like 2005 or 6 for like $700, I should have bought it! 1 of 3 I believe. You wouldn't happen to have one of those hiding in your collection would you?
One of the flames popped up more recently than that because some ****ing moron named STO Karnivor offered his stock Karnivor for "2 of the 3 listed". The 3 guns were the Flame Intimidator and two other rare ones (I want to say a Ripper 1, and maybe a Hellwood). I nearly shat myself at his stupidity. This was like last year.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 PM #19
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Bob needs to release a G6R Ripper
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 PM #20
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
Amazing amazing colection lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
One of the flames popped up more recently than that because some ****ing moron named STO Karnivor offered his stock Karnivor for "2 of the 3 listed". The 3 guns were the Flame Intimidator and two other rare ones (I want to say a Ripper 1, and maybe a Hellwood). I nearly shat myself at his stupidity. This was like last year.
Aggression84 sold the black and red flame for around $700 3 or 4 months ago. It was killing me I didnt have the cash for it at the time.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 PM #21
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
How would you say your Marq Ripper's milling quality compares to the 1's or 1.25's? The Marq Rippers I saw seemed a little less "impressive" to me.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote