Old 05-10-2012, 06:51 AM #1
rafydorado
PR baller!!!!

rafydorado plays in the PSP
rafydorado supports Team VICIOUS
rafydorado plays in the APPA D4 division
rafydorado supports DLX Technology
New To Luxe, Need Help, Advice Plsease

hello people, well, ive got a luxe 1.0 in a trade for a demon, i havnt use it yet, but i dry fired and sound ok. its a 1.0 with violent trigger and stock bolt in it, but also came with a complete pooty flat face and spring core ( pink).

the previous owner told me that he was having issues with the pooty core, he had cycle issues with it, maybe oring fitment, but never had issues with the stocke core. so, my question is, since now i have a complete $195.00 pooty core for free, what do you recommend, stick with the 1.0 core or enjoy the pooty core? i have never owned a luxe, and never has techd one, so, im kind of lost here.

can anybody point me in the right direction by telling me the differences between stock core vs pooty ff core? can anybody tell me good settings for each?

all i have watched some of pooty videos, but i really didnt undertood very well, its not the same watching and listening to something that reading it from different luxe users and owners.
all im asking is for some help and advice so i can enjoy this beauty of a gun..

i can either sell the whole pooty core and buy a 2.0 core, or i can stay with the pooty core and find someone that can help me with it.

so please, all comments and advice are welcome, ill appreciate any help.

thanx people..
FIN CAMO LUXE
rafydorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2012, 07:15 AM #2
StR8KiLLzZz
Ballin In The [254]

StR8KiLLzZz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
StR8KiLLzZz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
StR8KiLLzZz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The pooty core with the ff and ndz LP can is supposed to be the best core out there and from what I've read and seen myself its kinda hit and miss really, a buddy of mine actually cane over last night to help me with my gun and he has the same core as you the pink pooty one and he can't get his to Cycle either, we put it in my luxe and same exact problem the gun will puff but not cycle the bolt. Both of our guns work fine with both the stock bolt and I have a spring modded bolt just not the pooty core
Old 05-10-2012, 07:34 AM #3
Trotter18
BURN THE BOATS NO RETREAT

has been a member for 10 years
Trotter18 is Legendary
Trotter18 is Boss
Trotter18 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Might help not sure http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3783586
For great deals on new and used gear email. michael@theotherathlete.com
Trotter18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 AM #4
StR8KiLLzZz
Ballin In The [254]

thier guns cycle they are just experiencing low fps. Our gats just puff and the bolt wont move.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:06 AM #5
rafydorado
PR baller!!!!

yes sir, the previews owner told me exactly the same puff puff problem.. that seems to be the major issue with the pooty core.

so, do you think is is a better idea to just sell the pooty core and go buy a 2.0 core? or try the way out to fix and use the pooty?
FIN CAMO LUXE
Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 AM #6
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Possible causes of puffing/FSDO listed in order of decreasing commonality:

1. Needs lube
2. Size 17 oring in rear of can or back latch needs replacement
3. Bolt sail oring needs replacement
4. One of the outer powercore orings is nicked and needs replacement

Incidentally, that's the same order you should use for debugging. Try an item, retest, try and item retest. I leave my marker gassed up for 5 minutes before testing shooting when checking for FSDO/puffing.

Back to the OP, I like stock powercore best because it doesn't cost extra and shoots GREAT but some people prefer modded ones. In my experience modded core can sometimes help reduce FSDO. If you don't have that problem, you will probably not see any gains.

My recommended settings for stock powercore are dwell 16-18ms, FT in and manifold anywhere from 1-3.5 turns in.
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 AM #7
StR8KiLLzZz
Ballin In The [254]

We replaced all the orings on the pooty core made sure fitment was right and relubbed the whole core. I don't think its fsdo it seems more or less like the bolt isn't getting enuff air to push it back and cycle it, settings on both guns we tested were
dwell- 12
fsdo- 5
Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM #8
rafydorado
PR baller!!!!

any other recomendation. what to use, the stock core or the pooty ff complete core, or just buy a 2.0 core.. witch is better overall?.. remember this is my first luxe, so i want it to shoot at its best way possible.
FIN CAMO LUXE
Old 05-10-2012, 10:38 AM #9
StR8KiLLzZz
Ballin In The [254]

If your gun shoots fine with the stock core then use the stock core, there really no need to upgrade.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM #10
krazynuttz23

Quote:
Originally Posted by StR8KiLLzZz
We replaced all the orings on the pooty core made sure fitment was right and relubbed the whole core. I don't think its fsdo it seems more or less like the bolt isn't getting enuff air to push it back and cycle it, settings on both guns we tested were
dwell- 12
fsdo- 5
Is the FT in or out? I thought they recommend FT out with polished bolts.
krazynuttz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:20 PM #11
StR8KiLLzZz
Ballin In The [254]

ft is out on both guns.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:23 PM #12
Nexxux
Axestasy

Annual Supporting Member
Nexxux supports Empire
use the pooty core. its amazing. you can run your reg at a lower pressure. your will get slightly better efficiency from the drop in dwell and fsdo settings. and ive never had fsdo with it, ever. even in the dead of winter.

my settings:

dwell: 10 (start at 11)
fsdo: 1
FT: OUT
Manifold: 1.5 turns in from flush

make sure you have your manifold screw only 1.5 turns in and the FT out. and make sure the back latch oring is a tight fit. it is not technically part of the pooty core, so you will need to switch it in and out if you switch from the stock core to pooty's core
Old 05-10-2012, 12:25 PM #13
Nexxux
Axestasy

Annual Supporting Member
Nexxux supports Empire
once you learn how to fit orings for the pooty core, its amazing. and its easy to maintain because the orings will last longer because they have less friction on them from the polish parts. you just have to learn how the orings need to be fitted first. then your golden.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:51 PM #14
mfarmy

mfarmy plays in the PSP
mfarmy plays in the APPA D3 division
Just to chime in since this is my old luxe, at first the pooty core wasnt cycling correctly so I popped in the stock core and it shot fine, then cleaned and relubed the pooty core and it worked great for a practice the following weekend, took it out and cleaned and relubed and then it wouldn't cycle again properly the nest weekend so I stuck the stock core back in, the ft screw back in and raised the dwell to 16 and fsdo to 7 and the gun worked fine, after that we made the trade.

All the orings on the pooty core are the ones that came on the core since when I received the luxe the core was bought brand new and used once. I also sent a 5x oring rebuild kit in the trade so he has all the possible orings he will need along with the few extra pooty sends with the core.

Also to add the pooty core settings were set to dwell 11, fsdo 0 and ft screw out

AsylumTrueballers
Paintball Asylum
Torres Productions

Last edited by mfarmy : 05-10-2012 at 12:59 PM.
mfarmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:44 PM #15
Sammo_Carp
MG 23

Sammo_Carp plays in the PSP
Sammo_Carp owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Sammo_Carp plays in the APPA D3 division
Sammo_Carp supports Empire
i have a pooty ndz lp can, and i cant get it to cycle fully either. i think you have to have PERFECT o-rings. i just use the FF bolt with the stock 2.0 and it shoots money
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 PM #16
SnakeEyezPPG

i've had the same puffing issues w/ the pooty core set but after some helpful posts/threads I got the pooty core to work like a charm...oring fitment is the key!
SnakeEyezPPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:42 PM #17
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Ive always preferred the stock core. Once broken in it will give you alot of life before any orings need changing or it leaks. It is also alot less picky when it comes to oring fitment. The polished bolts are nice to look at but Ive seen way to many have issues with FSDO and bolt stick. Just my .02
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:22 PM #18
X A N A T 0 S
Travis Dixon

Annual Supporting Member
X A N A T 0 S plays in the PSP
X A N A T 0 S plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Ive always preferred the stock core. Once broken in it will give you alot of life before any orings need changing or it leaks. It is also alot less picky when it comes to oring fitment. The polished bolts are nice to look at but Ive seen way to many have issues with FSDO and bolt stick. Just my .02
I am a bigger fan of the stock can and bolt guide, with the new Designs bolt. Runs flawlessly in any luxe I've owned.

Like New Guns Sale! Custom Vanquishes! Rare G6rs, VX Clones, DARK EDITION Ego
X A N A T 0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM #19
shafticus
ball to live.live to ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Agreed. The pooty core might be better and amazing in every way, but the previous owner admitted that the gun ran good with the stock core and not so good with the pooty. Dont trade reliability for a lower operating pressure. Anyone who has been at a tourny with a down gun...or lost any day of play to tech their gun knows the best thing you can buy are oem strictly because of reliability. Since you are new to luxes and you dont have the stock core, youre better off trading for the 2.0 core. Then in the future, you can reconsider the pooty core.
shafticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 PM #20
StR8KiLLzZz
Ballin In The [254]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafticus View Post
Agreed. The pooty core might be better and amazing in every way, but the previous owner admitted that the gun ran good with the stock core and not so good with the pooty. Dont trade reliability for a lower operating pressure. Anyone who has been at a tourny with a down gun...or lost any day of play to tech their gun knows the best thing you can buy are oem strictly because of reliability. Since you are new to luxes and you dont have the stock core, youre better off tradi ng for the 2.0 core. Then in the future, you can reconsider the pooty core.
He still has the stock core. Its to easy to read!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:01 PM #21
mfarmy

mfarmy plays in the PSP
mfarmy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafticus

Agreed. The pooty core might be better and amazing in every way, but the previous owner admitted that the gun ran good with the stock core and not so good with the pooty. Dont trade reliability for a lower operating pressure. Anyone who has been at a tourny with a down gun...or lost any day of play to tech their gun knows the best thing you can buy are oem strictly because of reliability. Since you are new to luxes and you dont have the stock core, youre better off trading for the 2.0 core. Then in the future, you can reconsider the pooty core.
He has the stock core, the stock core was in the gun when I sent it and the pooty core was included in the box.

AsylumTrueballers
Paintball Asylum
Torres Productions
mfarmy is online now   Reply With Quote