Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM #1
swede21

new extcy owner/review

got to play with my new extcy this last weekend at supergame 43. i was very happy with the performance.
i put about a case and a half through it (eyes on) and didn't have one problem. i was able to empty my halo too and 4 pods out of a 68/4500 and still have around 800-900 psi left (filled everytime to 4500 - very good air suppliers). i've read/heard that it will get better as the reg gets broken in (?). i was a little surprised about the battery consumption; started out with a new duracell and had to replace it towards the end of the day. i was pretty good about turning it off when i wasn't using it. maybe the eyes helped to drain it faster.
i did upgrade to the q-lock clamping feed neck and a blade trigger from compulsive paintball before i used it. both were very easy to install. had to use the trigger stop screw from the stock trigger as the one that came with the blade trigger wasn't long enough. the blade is much more comfortable, but that's my personal preference.
although i didn't have any problems with the stock barrel, it is a large bore. i plan on buying a freak set in the near future.
talked to a few players/refs about it. people assumed it was an ion at first. after talking to them and showing it off, they were impressed - especially with the price!

anyway, i thought i would share my experience and opinion with everyone.
thanks to gog for making a great marker!
swede21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM #2
neo2000x

neo2000x supports our troops
Glad you liked it. Going through a 9V in a day sounds like a problem. If it keeps happening you may have a grounding issue with the electronics.
neo2000x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:30 AM #3
RogueShooter

The battery issue is something to keep an eye on, but you also have to remember that batteries don't hold a charge forever, even sitting, and you never really know how long they've been on the shelf in the store either. Glad you liked it!
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:57 AM #4
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
It doesnt sound like the battery was really new. I recommend that you purchase your batteries from a store that has a high turnover rate. Batteries have a shelf life and will drain over time.

You should be able to get multiple games out of a 9volt.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:28 PM #5
tbcustomz

I have had the same battery for 3 weeks never unplugged and it is just going dead now. I would guess I have shot about 1500 rounds.
tbcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:07 PM #6
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
ive used 1 full battery (working on a second) in like 10 times.... the first one died since the noid ate it up when i left it in for a week.

but your efficiency will increase after the reg is broken in, and getting the QEV and a better bolt is another way to increase that number
Old 11-08-2012, 04:38 PM #7
hazel1393

I just got the eXTCy with a virtue board and it feels a little off. I don't know if I have the board set to the wrong settings or not but the balls go all over the place and it chops/shoots pretty slowly. I may need to get used to it (first speedball gun) but something just doesn't feel right. Any tips?
Old 01-30-2014, 09:46 AM #8
bag681
Howdy damnit!

bag681 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
the extcy eats batteries. i recommend getting a nice rechargeable set from maha power. make sure to get the 9.6v version, because most other rechargeables are actually 8.4v or 7.2v
Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 PM #9
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

pbcheese has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcheese has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just got an extcy for son and was shocked at the hyper sensitive trigger. It seems before air that its a far throw... But after about 50 rounds we realized that u barely have to tap it to fire. U can almost fire it just by looking at it. Any ideas or ways to reduce the sensitivity? I'm a mini owner and the easier it is to walk the better but son disagrees..
pbcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:51 PM #10
Pinky089

Just got this as my first gun, have used a friends X7 Phenom and Geo 3 for a few games and I am impressed with how good this gun is for being half the price of my friends. Have not had any battery or trigger issues as mentioned above
Pinky089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:31 PM #11
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ

DjPLaTiNuMRcZ is playing at Living Legends VII
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree with the dead battery issue. I just played with mine the first time last Sunday and got about 6 games out of a brand new Energizer and then the solenoid started studdering (leaking sound) within the gun. Thought I needed to replace the o-rings and was told to try a new battery first (fixed the problem). Was told to switch to Duracell to possibly fix the low battery life issue, will post in a couple weeks if that helps. Great gun, maybe needs a little breaking in but overall very pleased. The only other issue I've had was the trigger adjustment screw being really really stuck but I'm going to try and wd40 it and see if it helps loosen that bad boy up.
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ is offline   Reply With Quote