PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 PM #43
bree6767

worst event ever!!

I am not even sure where to start….
You cannot start a series one-way, and then just change the way it is played. It sucked sitting around for hours. Most of these teams traveled over 3+ hours. Some of them got there that morning. Everyone I talked to, was not happy! Not one good thing was said.

As far as the reffing on field one, it was a joke. They were smoking, calling players out, then letting them back on the filed. wtf. Then they tried to pull a player and he did not even go out? They pulled penalties on one team, but not the other, if the refs knew your team, you were golden, if not you were ****ed. They were letting players play with NEW hits on them, and were whipping NEW hits off players as well. It was nice of them to sideline coach some of the players they knew. This is of course when they were doing anything at all. They mostly just stood there. The ONLY ref worthwhile on field 1 was the head ref, but he cant ref the entire dam field, but he did try! Good Job,

As far as the running games back to back it was bull. They held up the time for one team, but not another. Some teams were starting with out the full 5 players, while for some teams they would stop the clock and give them more time. It was by far the worst event I have even seen/played.

So we pay all this money to play (on the worst field this place has to offer), then drive for hours and hours, pay for hotel(s), get to a field/someone’s back yard, find out the event is not going to be ran the way it was (which sucked), and then play with basically no refs.

As of right now we will not be back for the rest of the series. We loved playing it last year, and were looking forward to it this year, but we have no desire to sit around for and hour between game play. There are way to many teams to run it like this. So good luck to everyone else who sticks with the series.

As far as this field, I will never go there again. I am an active member of PETA and will not associate with this kind of abuse. I hope that as bad as the refs were on field one, that the MWXL refs had nothing to do with this.
bree6767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 07:14 PM #44
Ropeytwo

Ropeytwo plays in the PSP
Ropeytwo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ropeytwo supports Team VICIOUS
Ropeytwo plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by $tL PaInTbALL View Post
LOL this is after the event I had no idea they killed it and my team and I had a great attitude all day giving refs our personal water we bought for $1.50 the nasty johnny and no where to even wash your hands without buying a bottle of water for $1.50 still had a great attitude all day... improve what that they hire children to ref and work their and have unsanitary conditions im sure they already knew that its clear that place is a bunch of punks laughing and joking about killing some innocent creature while poking it with sticks in the dumpter...REAL COOL...
Most of those "children" worked their ***** off and took their personal time and money to give you a field to play on and keep it running. You should be more thankful of other's dedication and effort.
Also, the skunk wasn't put in the dumpster. Sorry if we offended you by killing it.

To answer Chris' question, the skunk had been hanging around the parking lot and picnic tables for a bit. We tried to scare it off, but it wasn't budging. I guess the decision was made to kill it.
XAVIERMCCURRYFAN#1

PROVING GROUNDS 4 evr n evr n evr
Ropeytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:24 PM #45
pookie12
PG is what made ME

pookie12 plays in the PSP
pookie12 plays in the APPA D3 division
pookie12 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwirnmn View Post
i'm not a player, but reffing on field 1 was less than decent. aftershock refs did pretty good. however, i did have a ref ask me not to post a picture of the illegal shenanigans he was doing. if there is a camera present, expect it to be pointed at you at any time. don't be doing stupid things. i also caught plenty of cheating on camera and several missed calls from field 1.

race to 2 was awesome, and should definitely be the official format for the mwxl.

there could have been less time in between games (not points). field 2 seemed to have this down, field 1, not so much.

killing the skunk wasn't necessary, couldn't it have just been moved?

the pits were so legit! i wish this was the case for all mwxl events.
Just watched your videos on Vimeo, and I loved them, you do a great job editing........Did you happen to get any video of the event?
Xavier McCurry fan #2
Killing Fields Pb Media

2008 C.T.S. Series runner-up - 2009 S.E.P.S. Series Champion - 2010 MSXL Series Champion - 2011 MSXL Series Champion - 2012 MSXL Series Champion
pookie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM #46
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

skwirnmn has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropeytwo View Post
M
To answer Chris' question, the skunk had been hanging around the parking lot and picnic tables for a bit. We tried to scare it off, but it wasn't budging. I guess the decision was made to kill it.
not picking a fight.. but how long was it hanging around? was it spraying anyone? if it was just hanging around, it was more than likely sick or had just had offspring somewhere. i'm also basing this off of what i overheard, not what i saw. it was clubbed to death? if someone got that close, they could have caged it with more ease to have it relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie12 View Post
Just watched your videos on Vimeo, and I loved them, you do a great job editing........Did you happen to get any video of the event?
only 25 GB's link if you'd like to see my 2011 demo reel. it's somewhat buried in my vimeo, but it's my featured video on my youtube channel. stay tuned to my Thread where i'll be posting select coverage and links to full sets of photos/videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmcduff View Post
There was one ref on Field #1 that re-staked home down for me while I was playing instead of me having to kneel down on bungee cord. I was really impressed by that.
this was one thing i saw on field 1 that definitely impressed me. that ref did an awesome job the entire event though, i believe he was on the snake side closer to the hyperball field.

Last edited by skwirnmn : 05-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.
skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:25 PM #47
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints11 View Post
killing a pest is being stupid/immature?? lol a skunk is a skunk it happens they need to be killed because they will only come back. cry about something else.
HEY!!!! If you don't like feedback, GTFO! This thread is not intended for Aftershock, MWXL and or the hosting field (i.e. Proving Grounds Paintball) to respond to feedback. If you fall into any of the for mentions groups above... Read and take in the feedback... DO NOT RESPONDED!!!!
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM #48
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
Good event, reffs on the D3 side were ok a few of them were lazy and not too many calls were made they also let a dead player check a live player before the player hung the flag, in what way was that ok? and there was an instance where one live player wiped off another live player that was going to hang the flag Other then then that i really enjoyed the event. The format was much better then the last one

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999

Last edited by BELOWZERO : 05-07-2012 at 09:30 PM.
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 PM #49
smokeymcpot02
The dude abides

smokeymcpot02 plays in the PSP
smokeymcpot02 plays in the APPA D3 division
smokeymcpot02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smokeymcpot02 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
refs on field 2 were horrible. other than that and the heat, i have zero complaints
Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 PM #50
spork801
MN Transplant

spork801 plays in the PSP
spork801 is an NCPA player
spork801 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeymcpot02 View Post
refs on field 2 were horrible. other than that and the heat, i have zero complaints
Field 1. Field 2 was Shock, they were awesome.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 PM #51
pb123456789
Forum grouch

Quote:
i'm not a player, but reffing on field 1 was less than decent. aftershock refs did pretty good. however, i did have a ref ask me not to post a picture of the illegal shenanigans he was doing. if there is a camera present, expect it to be pointed at you at any time. don't be doing stupid things. i also caught plenty of cheating on camera and several missed calls from field 1.

race to 2 was awesome, and should definitely be the official format for the mwxl.

there could have been less time in between games (not points). field 2 seemed to have this down, field 1, not so much.

killing the skunk wasn't necessary, couldn't it have just been moved?

the pits were so legit! i wish this was the case for all mwxl events.
I agree withe everything said above, the pits were awesome for an mwxl event.

No more 5 hour breaks either, thanks.
pb123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 PM #52
PaintballHazard
Ruckus Ruckus Ruckus

PaintballHazard owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaintballHazard plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by $tL PaInTbALL View Post
LOL this is after the event I had no idea they killed it and my team and I had a great attitude all day giving refs our personal water we bought for $1.50 the nasty johnny and no where to even wash your hands without buying a bottle of water for $1.50 still had a great attitude all day... improve what that they hire children to ref and work their and have unsanitary conditions im sure they already knew that its clear that place is a bunch of punks laughing and joking about killing some innocent creature while poking it with sticks in the dumpter...REAL COOL...
1) PG is right outside of Sheridan. I pointed several people to the town if the wanted a real toilet. We also had running water from the well pumps, so don't complain. Ask next time.
2) Hire children to ref? The Wiseguys and Aftershock are not little kids bro.
3) Hire children to work? The teams work there, not select children. It isn't age based. We busted our ***** working there, what have you done for your field?
4) The skunk needed to be killed. It could have had rabies, sprayed people, sprayed our gear (since it was next to the house), sprayed visiting teams' gear, or reproduced. I rather have the place smell like skunk piss for less than a day than for a year or more.
5) Poking it with sticks? No one did that, you are making stuff up. After it was killed, we disposed of it... Across in the neighboring field...
6) In the dumpster? Look at #5. In the field. You are discrediting yourself with lies to make us look bad. Lies can be disproven by someone who was actually there. Don't blabber BS on the internet if it isn't true.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 PM #53
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

PG... STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!!! THIS IS A FEEDBACK THREAD!!! I KNOW IT'S HARD TO HEAR THE THINGS BEING SAID BUT, THIS IS HOW WE MAKE THINGS BETTER MOVING FORWARD!!!! IF YOU CAN'T STAND WHATS BEING SAID, DO NOT READ!

Last edited by jacapbinc : 05-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM #54
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

skwirnmn has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballHazard View Post
5) Poking it with sticks? No one did that, you are making stuff up. After it was killed, we disposed of it... Across in the neighboring field...
6) In the dumpster? Look at #5. In the field. You are discrediting yourself with lies to make us look bad. Lies can be disproven by someone who was actually there. Don't blabber BS on the internet if it isn't true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor1331 View Post

Besides we used the meat so it was more like hunting if anything
to add to my original post, i did enjoy being allowed on the field barefoot. most tournament series don't allow media people to event be in short sleeves.

edit: aftershock should not be allowed to ref boom/wiseguys players, and the pg refs should not be allowed to ref teams from pg. again, as stated before, this allows for far too many biased calls.
skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 PM #55
undertow00

undertow00 plays in the PSP
undertow00 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:

edit: aftershock should not be allowed to ref boom/wiseguys players, and the pg refs should not be allowed to ref teams from pg. again, as stated before, this allows for far too many biased calls.
no persons on a team and/or affiliated with PG were refs for this event, dont know why you would think that, i dont think i have meet any of those refs.

good series, sucks for d-4 that it took so long, i couldnt imagine playing for 11 hours, need more refs, the ones there were good but with 10 people on a field 6 refs are not enough, maybe move the guy standing behind each start box to the side so there are 4 refs on each side
RIDE OR DIE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RIP PG
"what is montana"
IF YOU HAVE YOUR SETUP IN YOUR SIG YOUR A NOOB
www.pbasylum.com
undertow00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:10 PM #56
$tL PaInTbALL

$tL PaInTbALL plays in the PSP
$tL PaInTbALL supports Pev's Paintball
$tL PaInTbALL plays in the APPA D4 division
$tL PaInTbALL has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropeytwo View Post
Most of those "children" worked their ***** off and took their personal time and money to give you a field to play on and keep it running. You should be more thankful of other's dedication and effort.
Also, the skunk wasn't put in the dumpster. Sorry if we offended you by killing it.

Im not offended I simply said it was childish to beat it with a bat and like I said before I was thankful as well as my whole team we provided over 15 waters at 1.50 a pop to refs that we paid for BTW what you did was illegal and could be arrested if the right person saw you....FYI...Something was def in the dumpster area I seen people poking it with sticks and yes CHILDREN only a child would chase a skunk down and beat it with a bat....Who was pointed to the real restroom? When the johnny was completly full and the line was still 10 deep that never happened so whos lying? Maybe it wasnt the skunk but it was something Asked several refs where running water was...Was told they had bottled water..So again I am not lying...i can GUARNTEE that 20 out of the 30 teams prefer the smell of a skunk vs 1000lbs of **** and piss rotting in the sun....And having to urinate in the parking lot like wild animals defend your ****ty *** feild and the CHILDREN that work there all you want proofs in the pudding....Its not MWXL's fault its the managment of that joke *** place...Ya its been around forever cuz that farm house is from the 40's....LIKE I SAID STICK WITH PB ASYLUM MWXL THATS A REAL TOURNEY FACILTY and also you say you couldnt run it off? But why were you seen running after it throwing a bat at it? Im pretty sure if its running from you its scared and trying to leave...So again the proofs in the pudding Im not saying there is anything wrong with getting rid of a nuisnace aka a skunk but to chase it down with a bat? Thats def animal cruelty 101

Last edited by $tL PaInTbALL : 05-07-2012 at 11:20 PM.
$tL PaInTbALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:17 PM #57
spork801
MN Transplant

spork801 plays in the PSP
spork801 is an NCPA player
spork801 plays in the APPA D4 division
And shooting it...come on guys.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:27 PM #58
Capt'nCrump69

Capt'nCrump69 is for the Gunfight
Reffing sucked on field 1. Tell them to get on the tread mill and run some of that fat off so they can actually run for paint checks. And not call you out without saying anything by pointing from an angle outside of sight. Over all thanks for being lenient about us racing back for the quarter finals. Definitely not leaving before we know if we are advancing again ! Still got 3rd place though

KW Paintball
Ninja
Vangaurd

MW
Capt'nCrump69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:37 PM #59
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'nCrump69 View Post
Tell them to get on the tread mill and run some of that fat off
There is thin line between feedback and insulting people.. You feel me.

Last edited by jacapbinc : 05-07-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 PM #60
$tL PaInTbALL

LOL def uncalled for that dude was fast for his size i watched his *** run his **** off to get to people...The dorito side was decent the snake side was horrible dude was smokin and putting it down for paint checks then coming back to get it...lol commited
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 PM #61
$tL PaInTbALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bree6767 View Post
worst event ever!!

I am not even sure where to start….
You cannot start a series one-way, and then just change the way it is played. It sucked sitting around for hours. Most of these teams traveled over 3+ hours. Some of them got there that morning. Everyone I talked to, was not happy! Not one good thing was said.

As far as the reffing on field one, it was a joke. They were smoking, calling players out, then letting them back on the filed. wtf. Then they tried to pull a player and he did not even go out? They pulled penalties on one team, but not the other, if the refs knew your team, you were golden, if not you were ****ed. They were letting players play with NEW hits on them, and were whipping NEW hits off players as well. It was nice of them to sideline coach some of the players they knew. This is of course when they were doing anything at all. They mostly just stood there. The ONLY ref worthwhile on field 1 was the head ref, but he cant ref the entire dam field, but he did try! Good Job,

As far as the running games back to back it was bull. They held up the time for one team, but not another. Some teams were starting with out the full 5 players, while for some teams they would stop the clock and give them more time. It was by far the worst event I have even seen/played.

So we pay all this money to play (on the worst field this place has to offer), then drive for hours and hours, pay for hotel(s), get to a field/someone’s back yard, find out the event is not going to be ran the way it was (which sucked), and then play with basically no refs.

As of right now we will not be back for the rest of the series. We loved playing it last year, and were looking forward to it this year, but we have no desire to sit around for and hour between game play. There are way to many teams to run it like this. So good luck to everyone else who sticks with the series.

As far as this field, I will never go there again. I am an active member of PETA and will not associate with this kind of abuse. I hope that as bad as the refs were on field one, that the MWXL refs had nothing to do with this.

All true i dont know this guy either..but much love Its not MWXL's fault on all the feild issues but they def should never host another event there again Im not black listing Mwxl but def that dump....I give mad respect to Big Black he did his best I saw him tell the refs on feild 1 to change **** up to give guys extra time they just didnt listen to him....Dude cant do everything he ran a decent event for the conditions he had I felt...the layover sucked bad and does mess teams up bad we were HOT won 3 of our 4 and tied 1 but sat and fell asleep for hours to wake up to ochos and get destroyed
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 AM #62
Capt'nCrump69

Capt'nCrump69 is for the Gunfight
Overall d4 should of played on the best field or best field (s). Not some ghetto psp field that had concrete smeared on it. 300 x23= $6,900 400x7= 2800, i think the d4's deserved to get better amenities as opposed to d3, but that's my two cents. At a tournament refs should blow up the bunkers without having to ask them, i remember asking many refs to blow up bunkers, otherwise half the field would of been deflated. Other than poor reffing on field one, ghetto bunkers (field 1), and one bathroom filled to the brim with feces; this was a good event. I would also like to add that killing that skunk would probably be in violation of animal cruelty laws, and it just looks bad for the sport. I know mwxl didn't have anything to do with it, but it was definitely bad PR.

KW Paintball
Ninja
Vangaurd

MW
Capt'nCrump69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 AM #63
$tL PaInTbALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'nCrump69 View Post
Overall d4 should of played on the best field or best field (s). Not some ghetto psp field that had concrete smeared on it. 300 x23= $6,900 400x7= 2800, i think the d4's deserved to get better amenities as opposed to d3, but that's my two cents. At a tournament refs should blow up the bunkers without having to ask them, i remember asking many refs to blow up bunkers, otherwise half the field would of been deflated. Other than poor reffing on field one, ghetto bunkers (field 1), and one bathroom filled to the brim with feces; this was a good event. I would also like to add that killing that skunk would probably be in violation of animal cruelty laws, and it just looks bad for the sport. I know mwxl didn't have anything to do with it, but it was definitely bad PR.