Old 05-07-2012, 03:26 PM #22
MyJTRox
CE

has been a member for 10 years
MyJTRox plays in the PSP
MyJTRox is an NCPA National Champion
MyJTRox plays in the APPA D3 division
MyJTRox supports Empire
The RaceTo was definitely a plus. Vicious has monitors in their pits and one at the 50 on the spectator side with game time, break time, score, etc. on it. It would be very cool to see something like this at MWXL. Lurker makes a free scoreboard software available on their website, that you could load on a PC and run the cables. It would involve having a scorer, but then there would be less burden on a head ref (=better reffing?), and teams would have a better idea of their time situation. I believe the scheduling could have been modified to eliminate some of the down time between each match a team played. We had enough time to pretty much take all of our gear off between matches, but then we had to worry about keeping all of our paint cool and wasted plenty of gas running A/C. A bracket could play out all of its matches on a field, and then you move on to the next bracket. You could even then have ref break on that field after the individual bracket is done, instead of like this event where the break was between our 3rd and 4th matches, making the wait even longer. This is another thing I feel Vicious does right. Then you don't have to get all psyched to play, then sit for 30-45 mins between matches, then get psyched again.

I agree with the poor reffing on Field 1 (random PSP refs?), and I feel there weren't enough refs on that field either. There were no back line refs, so there were players breaking out and running completely out to the corner out of bounds. Field 2 refs (all or mostly Shock) were awesome. They wouldn't hesitate to sprint in and check for a hit. It really got my hopes up that we would see quality reffing the whole event, but then we got switched the Field 1 for our final match.

It's too bad the division that brought the most teams (and money) got bumped off to the poorer field. I realize you're trying to attract more D3 teams, but the D4 teams are coming in force already. Unless teams are prepaid for the series, or in the top few spots in season standings, they don't really have incentive to come back unless the events are run well and they're treated right.

The actual field layouts were what they were. These things are never perfect. You just need to look for the nuances on each field and deal with them. It was tough having to adjust from the angles on Field 2 to the ones on Field 1, but I already covered my dissatisfaction with the switch above.

I'm pretty sure RIOT intends on having a team or 2 at the next event, but I don't want to see other teams leave the series after seeing some of the negatives from this event.

All of the interaction I've had with other teams at these first 2 events has been very cordial. I don't expect to be best friends with the people I'm competing against. Excellent sportsmanship teams. The drama on the field is what it is, but off the field, I haven't really seen/heard anything negative.

Oh yeah, and 1 porta potty? That sucked big time.

My Feedback (Before new system)
University of Wisconsin -Whitewater Paintball Team Alum
2009 NCPA Class AA National Champions
APPA
MyJTRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 03:35 PM #23
pookie12
PG is what made ME

pookie12 plays in the PSP
pookie12 plays in the APPA D3 division
pookie12 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by axhi View Post
I just looked at your APPA scores and because you lost to Wiseguys your margin doesn't constitute tie-break. It would first go to head-to-head then to Margin for tie break. BB doesn't seed or rank, APPA has a system that does all that for you.

Just an observation from afar.
Asylums Margin was 1.25, and Chicago Wiseguys margin was 1.00. You go to the tie breaker only if the margins are the same, In this case there were no tied margins. Someone dropped the ball, and Wiseguys got the bye to finals for some reason instead of us.......It doesn't make a difference, WiseGuys Beats us plain and simple. My complaint is we did shoot 3 more cases than we should have if we were given the bye we earned. Talked to someone about this before semifinals and nothing was done....Other than that, good event..

1 more thing......the field closest the proshop was not allowing people to play in t-shirts, and the far field didn't care what you played in. " Big Black" even said you had to wear long sleeves......there needs to be some kind of consistency from field to field if you want people to take this series seriously.....
Xavier McCurry fan #2
Killing Fields Pb Media

2008 C.T.S. Series runner-up - 2009 S.E.P.S. Series Champion - 2010 MSXL Series Champion - 2011 MSXL Series Champion - 2012 MSXL Series Champion
pookie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM #24
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
axhi supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie12 View Post
Asylums Margin was 1.25, and Chicago Wiseguys margin was 1.00. You go to the tie breaker only if the margins are the same, In this case there were no tied margins. Someone dropped the ball, and Wiseguys got the bye to finals for some reason instead of us.......It doesn't make a difference, WiseGuys Beats us plain and simple. My complaint is we did shoot 3 more cases than we should have if we were given the bye we earned. Talked to someone about this before semifinals and nothing was done....Other than that, good event..
PSP will be harmonizing the tiebreakers for RaceTo-2 and RaceTo-4, RaceTo-5 and RaceTo-7 for 2012.

For all divisions, teams will continue to first be ranked by number of matches won. In the event of a tie in a non-head-to-head round, ties will be broken, in order, by:

- Head-to-Head competition amongst the tied teams

- Margin of Victory in all matches in the current round (number of points scored minus number of points given up)

^^www.pspevents.com/information/rules

Idk, if I'm wrong again I give up. But I agree with your second point.

Last edited by axhi : 05-07-2012 at 03:49 PM.
axhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:59 PM #25
VKsolider59
SOMICH 269

animal cruelty

i watched the refs kill a skunk at proving grounds. they chased it down with a baseball bat and clubbed it in the head. the throw was pretty impressive but killing the skunk did make the entire place stink for the rest of the day. it was even worse for my team because we were down wind from it and we had to leave our staging area for a bit because the smell was unbearable. im just saying next time think before you act. shouldve just ran the skunk of the property so we all didnt have to deal with the smell. as for the reffing performance on the field. i wasnt impressed. i saw alot of questionable calls and alot of calls that werent made when they shouldve been. i feel that it was just due to laziness. one game i called for a paint check about 5 times to the ref standing right next to me. i finally had to turn to him to get his attention.
Vksolider #59
R.I.P Vanish Kids
Keeper of the Dirty 30
VKsolider59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM #26
$tL PaInTbALL

$tL PaInTbALL plays in the PSP
$tL PaInTbALL supports Pev's Paintball
$tL PaInTbALL plays in the APPA D4 division
$tL PaInTbALL has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WOW...I knew one was dead some where but I figured it was already dead...Thats just sad grow up for real...
$tL PaInTbALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:03 PM #27
pookie12
PG is what made ME

If they have changed how they determine seeding I appologize, if the info provided is correct, They got it right and I have no basis for my argument. I was under the impression that the highest margin would have the #1 seed..

Thanks for the info..
Xavier McCurry fan #2
Killing Fields Pb Media

2008 C.T.S. Series runner-up - 2009 S.E.P.S. Series Champion - 2010 MSXL Series Champion - 2011 MSXL Series Champion - 2012 MSXL Series Champion
Old 05-07-2012, 04:05 PM #28
jbmcduff

jbmcduff owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jbmcduff owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jbmcduff supports Team VICIOUS
There was one ref on Field #1 that re-staked home down for me while I was playing instead of me having to kneel down on bungee cord. I was really impressed by that.

2011 Beach of Normandy Axis CO----2011 Battle for Bastogne Axis CO
2011 Battle of Stalingrad Axis MVP

PGOD
-Loathe any state that doesn't start with "Tex" and end with "as".
-"I wanted to play Mouse Trap... you roll your dice, you move your mice... nobody gets hurt."
jbmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:05 PM #29
PAggs

Everything about field 1 was a joke. Plain and simple.
PAggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:44 PM #30
SkInNyB
B GATES

Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB is an NCPA player
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by $tL PaInTbALL View Post
The johnny was just plain nasty...I cant belive women were even going in there at one point I seen a few chicks pissing in the parking lot between cars...The reffing on 1 was a TOTAL joke minus the head ref he was legit smoking cigs laying around mask upside down....Big Black is a legit guy but that field is a def JOKE....Why wernt teams allowed to play on both fields? Some teams were stuck playing on a 2010 psp that didnt hold air and was ripping apart at the seams.... Stick with PB ASYLUM
i was the head ref on field one and had i known about a ref smoking with his mask upside down during a game it would have stopped right then. It sucks that there were apparently so many missed calls but with all the sideline reffs that were yelling about hits on bunkers being on people, rub being hits, etc i cant say im shocked to hear about this "terrible reffing" but i appreciate the feedback and will do what we can to fill the holes in what was apparently not being done, i still back every call that was made by all the reffs and we did the best we could with what we had. I have reffed a ton of tournaments in a ton of different leauges and i do have to say the players were some of the nicest and helpful i have had on the sidelines with bringing us their personal water and helping with what we needed
WISEGUYS
IU paintball

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
SkInNyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 PM #31
tvrsir
Khanh

tvrsir plays in the PSP
tvrsir owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvrsir plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie12 View Post
If they have changed how they determine seeding I appologize, if the info provided is correct, They got it right and I have no basis for my argument. I was under the impression that the highest margin would have the #1 seed..

Thanks for the info..
the seeding was correct according to psp and appa..

wins counts, then head to head, then margins

same thing happened to aftershock last year in jersey i think.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 PM #32
saints11

saints11 plays in the PSP
saints11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
saints11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saints11 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
WOW...I knew one was dead some where but I figured it was already dead...Thats just sad grow up for real...
killing a pest is being stupid/immature?? lol a skunk is a skunk it happens they need to be killed because they will only come back. cry about something else.

PG RISE>PG UNITED>PG RISE
saints11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:23 PM #33
$tL PaInTbALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints11 View Post
killing a pest is being stupid/immature?? lol a skunk is a skunk it happens they need to be killed because they will only come back. cry about something else.
A pest? Its a wild animal not a pest and yes thatss stupid and immature as well as animal cruelty...your a real pos how old are you 16? and no one was crying over skunks at your ****ty *** field at least what you call a field so go troll some where else....That was the least of the issues at that dump site...

Last edited by $tL PaInTbALL : 05-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:25 PM #34
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
A pest? Its a wild animal not a pest and yes thatss stupid and immature as well as animal cruelty...your a real pos how old are you 16? and know one was crying so go troll some where else....
he turned 21 in September

Besides we used the meat so it was more like hunting if anything
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER

Last edited by Xfactor1331 : 05-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:25 PM #35
ninjaballerassasin
Louie M.

ninjaballerassasin plays in the PSP
ninjaballerassasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ninjaballerassasin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
No event can be run perfectly, i understand that however, i think that the refs could have done their jobs better. Dont get me wrong all the refs were working hard and were tired, i understand that as i have reffed and it sucks. One instance, was when i saw a ref (on field #2) helping coach the other team, that is not acceptable in my opinion. Also I saw very little, if any penalties called on filed #2. So many penalties, majors and minors, were going on all day, i was even surprised when a player on my team had a obvious hit on his MASK and kept playing and was called out after he shot another player on the other team.
Everything else was great though. BB puts on a great league.

i would also like to add that 1 point a player had a "old" hit on him hung the flag and used the excuse that the hit was hold to score the clean point.

Last edited by ninjaballerassasin : 05-07-2012 at 07:28 PM.
ninjaballerassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:50 PM #36
sl1980able

Inconsistency with the count downs for the start and what the buzzer a voice then an air horn one or the other stick with one thing either a 10 and a buzzer or a 30 and a buzzer. Not thumbs up and 5 then buzzer. I think the Series needs to invest some money in some portable equipment that will travel like some remote speakers for each starting box. Timers for pits and a nice score board. I think the refs where fair for the most part there where a few ify calls during our matches and some of our d3 team matches.

I certainly don't mind a ref watching me closely to pull me out if I get hit. But some not sure if they bounce and pointing to see and they kind of freeze for a sec(ref). Just check us more. It is so nerving to not know if its a bounce or a hit or a spray but no shell(questionable hit). Ive reffed numerous tourneys. I treat refs and players how I would want to be treated. Just trying to keep it fair. Other than that better than being inside. D side was deadly all day long!
sl1980able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:55 PM #37
Ropeytwo

Ropeytwo plays in the PSP
Ropeytwo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ropeytwo supports Team VICIOUS
Ropeytwo plays in the APPA D4 division
I'd say the event was one of the best I've seen from MWXL and Proving Grounds. I suppose I'm relatively biased as I work and play at PG. All of us busted our ***** working with limited resources and time to get PG ready for the event. Sorry if the field wasn't perfect. I thought the reffing was okay, and my only real complaint is the attitude that some players took. I personally don't believe screaming at a ref to go check someone multiple times is very productive or conducive to the friendly attitude that surrounds paintball as a sport. As for the skunk, that's just part of living and existing in a rural area. We smelled it too.
Thanks to Big Black, Aftershock, and anybody else involved in the running of this event.
XAVIERMCCURRYFAN#1

PROVING GROUNDS 4 evr n evr n evr
Ropeytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 PM #38
pookie12
PG is what made ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor1331 View Post
he turned 21 in September

Besides we used the meat so it was more like hunting if anything
I thought that was Deer!?!?!?!

I'm gonna Kill you X!!
Xavier McCurry fan #2
Killing Fields Pb Media

Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 PM #39
Ropeytwo

Ropeytwo plays in the PSP
Ropeytwo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ropeytwo supports Team VICIOUS
Ropeytwo plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
A pest? Its a wild animal not a pest and yes thatss stupid and immature as well as animal cruelty...your a real pos how old are you 16? and no one was crying over skunks at your ****ty *** field at least what you call a field so go troll some where else....That was the least of the issues at that dump site...
Attitudes like this aren't conducive to friendly atmospheres either.
The least you could have done is offer up suggestions to improve the location, rather than taking a caustic, offensive attitude over a place with more history and lore behind it than the majority of paintball fields.

A big thanks to Doom On You as well for doing the opposite and coming out on Saturday to help us set up the fields.
XAVIERMCCURRYFAN#1

PROVING GROUNDS 4 evr n evr n evr
Ropeytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:26 PM #40
PModern

PModern plays in the PSP
PModern plays in the APPA D4 division
Dear god there should have been more than 1 porta john!!
PModern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:31 PM #41
$tL PaInTbALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropeytwo View Post
Attitudes like this aren't conducive to friendly atmospheres either.
The least you could have done is offer up suggestions to improve the location, rather than taking a caustic, offensive attitude over a place with more history and lore behind it than the majority of paintball fields.

A big thanks to Doom On You as well for doing the opposite and coming out on Saturday to help us set up the fields.
LOL this is after the event I had no idea they killed it and my team and I had a great attitude all day giving refs our personal water we bought for $1.50 the nasty johnny and no where to even wash your hands without buying a bottle of water for $1.50 still had a great attitude all day... improve what that they hire children to ref and work their and have unsanitary conditions im sure they already knew that its clear that place is a bunch of punks laughing and joking about killing some innocent creature while poking it with sticks in the dumpter...REAL COOL...

Last edited by $tL PaInTbALL : 05-07-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:37 PM #42
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

skwirnmn has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
i'm not a player, but reffing on field 1 was less than decent. aftershock refs did pretty good. however, i did have a ref ask me not to post a picture of the illegal shenanigans he was doing. if there is a camera present, expect it to be pointed at you at any time. don't be doing stupid things. i also caught plenty of cheating on camera and several missed calls from field 1.

race to 2 was awesome, and should definitely be the official format for the mwxl.

there could have been less time in between games (not points). field 2 seemed to have this down, field 1, not so much.

killing the skunk wasn't necessary, couldn't it have just been moved?

the pits were so legit! i wish this was the case for all mwxl events.
skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote