PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM #1
Gereima

Gereima has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gereima has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Strange Problem with my UL SLG

So yesterday I'm at the field and everything is going fine. All of a sudden it starts to become real sunny and turn in to a very nice day. At that point my slg said well its nice out I don't feel like working!

The problem is when I air it up, turn it on, and attempt to fire I get nothing but the click of the solenoid. So I said ok fine I well just relube the bolt assembly. I tried it again and same thing I just get the click of the solenoid. I know air is feeding from the tank to the reg and thru the gun because on rare occasions the gun would cycle. So any idea's?

Also what is the screw on the front of the body just below the barrel? I can't find a reference in the manual
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 05:48 PM #2
serafin_X
the Lumberjack

serafin_X is playing at Living Legends VII
serafin_X is an NCPA player
serafin_X supports DLX Technology
The screws underneath the barrel are plugs installed after the air passages were machined into the body. Never remove those unless you have a leak from them. They are meant to be permanently sealed.

I would try a fresh battery first, it sounds like you aren't getting enough juice to actuate the solenoid every time. Make sure you use a good brand like Energizer or Duracell. They seem to be better for guns with mechanical solenoids.

If you want to make sure you have air going through the gun you can push in the button on the back of the bolt cap. It should vent some air and you should feel tension pushing it out.
serafin_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 PM #3
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Try a new battery, or batteries. The SLG is pretty picky with 9volts, so if the battery is lacking some voltage, your pancake solenoid probably won't get enough power to energize the sear, especially a sear that has a pressurized bolt pushing against it (unlike most other battery efficient electronic sear-trippers that have a simple sprung hammer pushing against its sear, the SLG has a pressurized bolt pushing against its sear, so it uses more power from the battery to engage it)
Worst case scenario, your pancake solenoid is bad. Worst of the worst case scenario, your electronics are bad, but I highly doubt it.
Other causes might include a too long of a sear spring, a too low of a dwell setting, the bolt assembly might be under-lubricated, and/or the bolt assembly O-ring size(s) are off due to misplacement or swelling

-Jarred
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it

Last edited by tgs-killer : 05-28-2012 at 10:18 PM.
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote