PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 PM #1
Trevor

has been a member for 10 years
Failed at Temperature sensor replacement

Had an LCD board that was reading temps all over the place. I decided to perform the diy for replacing the temp sensor - found on aog.

I have never soldered something so small in my life - it was insane! Took me like 2.5 hours and was a complete fail. The board turns on, but stays in safe mode. Tried the master reset to no avail.

Any suggestions? Did I literally fry my board with too much heat?

The diy made it seem very easy as if anyone with a little bit of soldering experience could perform it... but it was incredibly difficult to get solder to stay put and not migrate .5mm to the next terminal. I do not recommend trying it. God damnit No wonder why that dude who did it made it clear he didn't want to perform the task for others.

Chocolate milk then bedtime, done.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

You need a very fine tip. A soldering station is ideal. It's possible you might have damaged some components with too much heat, but it's also possible you may have just splashed a small bit of solder onto another circuit or something. Check it out with a magnifying glass and see if you can spot anything out of place. Otherwise, you might want to contact pittbull from AOG and see if he will take a crack at it for you.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:05 PM #3
AngelKeeper

pitbull is LEGIT, that dude knows his electronics/soldering skillz... his batteries from what i've seen were TOP NOTCH...
AngelKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:13 PM #4
Trevor

AOG hasn't been working for me correctly over the past couple of days. It was pretty funny when I was in the middle of the process and aog wouldn't let me see pictures of the diy.

Yeah, I can get on aog, but it won't let me send a pm to pitbull.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:23 PM #5
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

They just did a major forum software upgrade, so it might take a few days to work out all the kinks. He's also on here under the username phantom01231.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:45 PM #6
pi.moon

Annual Supporting Member
pi.moon works for a Paintball manufacturer
yes, it was pretty broken. still sorting through the mess
pi.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:38 AM #7
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
any update trevor?

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM #8
Trevor

Well, I don't think I burned my board, but I'm still pretty confident in the accuracy of my soldering points. I am goign to run the sexy angel program on it in an attempt to reflash the board and wake it up. I acquired a datalink through a sale, but I have never used it.

Right now, this project has to go to the back burner because a couple other things are finishing up and I have to keep the ball rolling with them. My one project was completely disassembled except for the solenoid. Parts and goodies are trickling back to me for it so I have to feed the fire.