Community Focus

Old 12-19-2011, 12:10 PM #1
iSkiM-321
D4 MADNESS

iSkiM-321 plays in the PSP
iSkiM-321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
iSkiM-321 is for the Gunfight
stock dwell setting?

i just got an epiphany for my little brother for christmas, and i noticed it is having some dropoff issues. i was told this is defently the dwell settings, buttttttt i bought it without a manual. how do i get into theese settings and what is the stock number? help me pweaseeeeee

Vicious Geo 2.1 http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=vicious+geo
iSkiM-321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:07 PM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
The settings are changed via the board. The settings are all based off of clicks. Very scientific right? But anyway, epiphany and ions are a pain to change the settings due to being able to lose count of how many clicks you have.

The best way to change the settings other than to guess at what the settings are is to zero both the dwell and the rate of fire (ROF). To get these zero'd, just open up the grips and press the lower gray button until the color of the LED is solid red.

The LED styles are
Solid yellow : Dwell Up
Solid red: Dwell Down
Slow blink yellow: ROF UP (Slower firing)
Slow blink red: ROF Down (Faster firing)
Fast blink yellow: Firing Mode up
Fast blink red: Firing Mode down

Click the button until the LED is solid red (should only be one or two button presses), then press the power button (the yellow LED should blink every time you press it) repeatedly until the yellow LED doesn't blink anymore. Pull the trigger to save the setting. Click the board button until the LED is slow blink red. Then again zero the setting until the LED doesnt blink yellow any further.

Then to adjust the board settings back up to working conditions. Do the same process but on the Solid yellow for Dwell Up and slow blink yellow for ROF Up. The stock setting for Dwell is 52 clicks and ROF is 50 clicks. That's an even 12 bps. 15bps (Dwell = 25 clicks, ROF = 42 clicks) is a perfect setting for anyone. Not too fast, not too slow. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or PM me.

Here's also a link to a pdf file of the OEM Epiphany manual:
http://www.smartpartsparts.com/Smart...-p/man_334.htm

Good luck and enjoy!
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:20 AM #3
slimjonesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
The settings are changed via the board. The settings are all based off of clicks. Very scientific right? But anyway, epiphany and ions are a pain to change the settings due to being able to lose count of how many clicks you have.

The best way to change the settings other than to guess at what the settings are is to zero both the dwell and the rate of fire (ROF). To get these zero'd, just open up the grips and press the lower gray button until the color of the LED is solid red.

The LED styles are

Click the button until the LED is solid red (should only be one or two button presses), then press the power button (the yellow LED should blink every time you press it) repeatedly until the yellow LED doesn't blink anymore. Pull the trigger to save the setting. Click the board button until the LED is slow blink red. Then again zero the setting until the LED doesnt blink yellow any further.

Then to adjust the board settings back up to working conditions. Do the same process but on the Solid yellow for Dwell Up and slow blink yellow for ROF Up. The stock setting for Dwell is 52 clicks and ROF is 50 clicks. That's an even 12 bps. 15bps (Dwell = 25 clicks, ROF = 42 clicks) is a perfect setting for anyone. Not too fast, not too slow. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or PM me.

Good luck and enjoy!

25 clicks dwell and 42 clicks ROF, what CAN should i use with this setting? Green ,blue,silver on NONE?

Thank you!

Last edited by slimjonesy : 04-30-2012 at 07:29 AM.
slimjonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 PM #4
theblindchicken
49'er

I personally run a green insert at about 205-210 psi and I'm getting 290-300 fps no problem as long as the paint matches alright. I don't remember what my dwell/rof is at, but I'll throw a battery in and check it out in a bit.
I'm using a virtue epiphany board, but I also use my stock board for when my virtue board breaks (micro switch likes to break off). With the stock board, I believe the settings are about the same as the virtue one.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 PM #5
slimjonesy

Sweet. thanks man. Know anyone selling a stock board? My stock board took a crap, button broke off and wire broke off. it was my fault. lol
Old 05-04-2012, 03:04 PM #6
theblindchicken
49'er

Pm'd you.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:14 PM #7
slimjonesy

pmed you back! Thanks man!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:11 AM #8
ranman106

Quote:

The LED styles are

Good luck and enjoy!
I know this is an old post but I have a question. My son has joined a tournament paintball team at his college and we need to set up his Epiphany. We have never attempted this and aren't sure what to set. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
ranman106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:00 AM #9
theblindchicken
49'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman106 View Post
I know this is an old post but I have a question. My son has joined a tournament paintball team at his college and we need to set up his Epiphany. We have never attempted this and aren't sure what to set. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Does he have the stock epiphany board or an aftermarket board?

If stock, zero out the board's Dwell and ROF using the previous instructions, but remember how many clicks/power button presses the dwell takes to zero out.

You can use this dwell setting and then adjust your ROF delay to set your bps.

For example, if you had a dwell of 20 and an ROF delay of 72, you'd max out at 12.3bps.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:54 AM #10
ranman106

He has the stock board.

"If stock, zero out the board's Dwell and ROF using the previous instructions, but remember how many clicks/power button presses the dwell takes to zero out.

You can use this dwell setting and then adjust your ROF delay to set your bps.

For example, if you had a dwell of 20 and an ROF delay of 72, you'd max out at 12.3bps."

So, if I understand this right. Zero his dwell and rof keeping note of his dwell. Then reset his dwell to what it originally was and use the chart to determine the closest rof not exceeding the 12.5 bps cap.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:58 AM #11
theblindchicken
49'er

Pretty much exactly that. If you wish to readjust your dwell to provide more consistent shots at a set psi, then adjust the dwell to your liking and set the ROF delay to adjust for your preferred bps.

I recommend that you write down your dwell and settings at your desired psi and include it in your toolkit. That way you have a base point if you wish to make further adjustments or switch out firing can inserts, bolts, qev, etc.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM #12
ranman106

Quote:
Pretty much exactly that. If you wish to readjust your dwell to provide more consistent shots at a set psi, then adjust the dwell to your liking and set the ROF delay to adjust for your preferred bps.

I recommend that you write down your dwell and settings at your desired psi and include it in your toolkit. That way you have a base point if you wish to make further adjustments or switch out firing can inserts, bolts, qev, etc.
Thanks!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:57 PM #13
ranman106

Set the dwell at 41 and rof delay at 53 to get 12.5 bps and the fire mod in rebound to get the ramping today. Shoots soooo much better than before. Also, ordered an Ion Virtue board to install later.