PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-29-2012, 09:04 PM #1
bctom1776
UWL and PSP General Manager

Utah UWL

CP Raiders take pro UWL beating the Turtles in final game

GBD a blast from the past wins Tactical after losing two games in prelims, beating team Overspray in final match Up. Overspray played great all weekend. I expect big things from them in future.

Tom cole
bctom1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2012, 07:20 AM #2
Gillymonster
"Its a lifestyle for life

What a treat it was to play this Event.
Great competition and run well.
I had the funnest time in decades!

Gilly
CCM S5 RF + CCM S5 Round Body + CCM S5 Mech
CCM SS25
CCM Works
BL MVP
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:36 AM #3
LuckySmurf

Annual Supporting Member
LuckySmurf owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LuckySmurf plays in the APPA D4 division
We had a great time Tom. Thanks for putting on a such a great event. We will be back for sure. GBD played us hard in the finals and we look forward to a rematch.
LuckySmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 AM #4
Dkwak

has been a member for 10 years
Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
This is Doc from Tsunami that played on Turtles. Great event and had a great time! Many of us started out in the woods and it was really fun to get back to that game. Thanks to all of the staff and refs for working so hard in the heat! Congrats to CP Raiders who played amazing ball!
www.pb-addicts.com
http://xpsutah.com/UXP/
1 of 1 Tsunami Gloss DM '11, Spekta Ego CSL, Pure 2 GSL
Dkwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 PM #5
Craigy

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySmurf View Post
We had a great time Tom. Thanks for putting on a such a great event. We will be back for sure. GBD played us hard in the finals and we look forward to a rematch.
I am sure the ALL of our guys are really hurting today.. It might take another 15 years to get them all back out there... lol

Myself and Glenn did talk a little about hitting the Chicago event.. Hmmm the old woods ball fields?? I am in for sure!!

As a player who has played the first NPPL event all the way to the current format this event was a blast. A must play for sure!!

Craig
Craigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM #6
legion99999
Old school

Great event!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:53 PM #7
LuckySmurf

Annual Supporting Member
LuckySmurf owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LuckySmurf plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
I am sure the ALL of our guys are really hurting today.. It might take another 15 years to get them all back out there... lol

Myself and Glenn did talk a little about hitting the Chicago event.. Hmmm the old woods ball fields?? I am in for sure!!

As a player who has played the first NPPL event all the way to the current format this event was a blast. A must play for sure!!

Craig
It was a really fun event and Chicago is a great field as well. Hopefully we see you guys there. We'll make sure to bring the icy hot, we'll probably need it too.
LuckySmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:26 PM #8
g1141

g1141 works for a Paintball manufacturer
GBD had a blast

Everyone is totally stoked about playing again.
5 guys had no gear going into this event. They are all getting gear now.
The UWL just saved the industry!!
We all want to go to Chicago. Looking into flights now. Who knows maybe TX or Pitt too.

Glenn
g1141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:06 PM #9
-Waldo-

-Waldo- plays in the PSP
-Waldo- is playing at Living Legends III
-Waldo- is attending Decay of Nations VI
any pic"s/video
-Waldo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:17 PM #10
The Dominator

UWL does not promote retirement!

I honestly didn't think I would ever play again. Speed ball = Zzzzzzzzzzz. Get us back in the woods where we can stalk and move around and even my old *** remembers what to do. Thanks Tom for a great event! I still think you must have been smoking something when you came up with the rules. But one thing you can say about these games is they are never boring. And a good omen to the rules is that even when we (GBD) got ***** slapped in two of our four prelim games , we were able to keep playing to accumulate points and eventually squeak into the semi's. Can't say we had that opportunity in any other tournament in the past. Can't wait to for Chicago!

Richard
The Dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 PM #11
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

John is an Administrator
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1141 View Post
Everyone is totally stoked about playing again.
5 guys had no gear going into this event. They are all getting gear now.
The UWL just saved the industry!!
We all want to go to Chicago. Looking into flights now. Who knows maybe TX or Pitt too.

Glenn
That is so awesome you got the crew back together! I would have loved to see them in action.
John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:32 PM #12
Hercules (GBD)

I had a lot fo fun . Glenn put together players for the 1992 - 1996 teams . It was great to see all the guys . Special thanks to Glenn for making this all happen . I thought I woud never play again as well . I stopped playing in 1996 .
Tom and the staff were awesome . The tourney was run well . I still don't know all the rules but it didn't matter . Just shoot the other team and everything will work out .
I was impressed with the sportsmanship ( back in the day it sucked ) . We beat a real good OverSpray team in the final . After the game the entire ( OverSpray ) team walked over and shook our hands and congratulated us on our win . I was shocked to say the least . What a class act and a fine example to follow . I have a second favorite team now !
I'm looking foward to Chicago , I might even work out a bit so I can run next time . LOL

Last edited by Hercules (GBD) : 05-04-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Hercules (GBD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:02 AM #13
Hoot {MWB}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules (GBD) View Post
I had a lot fo fun . Glenn put together players for the 1992 - 1996 teams . It was great to see all the guys . Special thanks to Glenn for making this all happen . I thought I woud never play again as well . I stopped playing in 1996 .
Tom , his wife , and the staff were awesome . The tourney was run well . I still don't know all the rules but it didn't matter . Just shoot the other team and everything will work out .
I was impressed with the sportsmanship ( back in the day it sucked ) . We beat a real good OverSpray team in the final . After the game the entire ( OverSpray ) team walked over and shook our hands and congratulated us on our win . I was shocked to say the least . What a class act and a fine example to follow . I have a second favorite team now !
I'm looking foward to Chicago , I might even work out a bit so I can run next time . LOL

It's great to hear more and more of the woodsball "vets" returning to the game they love via the UWL. On behalf of the league, welcome back to the family!

UWL Junkie: www.playuwl.com
Proudly Sponsored by Lapco: http://lapcopaintball.com/store/
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"
www.muddywaterboys.com
Hoot {MWB} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 PM #14
magomac

magomac owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules (GBD) View Post
Tom , his wife , and the staff were awesome . The tourney was run well . I still don't know all the rules but it didn't matter . Just shoot the other team and everything will work out .
Thanks Hurcules, Overspray had a blast playing you guys and can't wait to play you again. WE tried to make you earn it. Nothing makes us work and practice harder then a second place banner. (play revenge music here). See you all on the field soon.

Www.facebook.com/teamoverspray
magomac is offline   Reply With Quote