Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do I sell?
Keep the PIMP Kit? 8 100.00%
Sell 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 PM #1
ladysmanfelpz

pure opinion thread

So ive had my pimp since 2005 when I got really big into speedball at the ripe age of 15. I used it quite a bit through high school playing tournaments in the summers, but the sport has died quite a bit and i don't play speedball as much, only did once last summer at friend's team practice. I've never had a problem with the marker except i did blow the solenoid once but evil's great customer service fixed it quickly.
Its been a solid consistent marker for me, but is it time to part ways with the pimp? I know their value is at a low lately, so do i run it into the ground and when it breaks part ways, or get as much as i can for it now? Will it ever become a collectible and maybe gain value or at least stay at what its value is now if kept clean and operable?
My plan this summer is to build a cheap CO2 beast spyder I can use on occasion for when I play woodsball tourneys or small games with friends. So is it worth keeping the pimp for maybe getting used once a year, or say goodbye to the old friend and pick up a modern speedball marker if/when I get back into it?

My New Feedback
ladysmanfelpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 PM #2
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Keep it. You won't get enough selling it to bother getting rid of it.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 AM #3
ladysmanfelpz

Ya but did you look at sig for upgrades? I could sell the cp reg separately and I have a stiffy, freak and cp barrel for it

My New Feedback
Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 PM #4
BorealisRex
Saturday Night Special

When I stopped playing, I kept mine for the sake of nostalgia. I can tell you, it was well worth it. You could sell the ups which, as you stated, are the most valuable part of it. It doesn't need a fancy regulator to look good on the mantle in five years. I'm sure you could get 50% of the gun's value just selling barrels and the reg on BST.
I tend to be nostalgic toward my guns, though.
BorealisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:18 AM #5
SFC. Connell

SFC. Connell owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I wouldn't sell it either. Keep it, and use it when you need to. You won't make any kind of real money selling it now anyways.
SFC. Connell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 PM #6
EOS Player
Underground Local Pro

EOS Player owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EOS Player is for the Gunfight
EOS Player supports Pev's Paintball
EOS Player plays in the APPA beginner division
EOS Player has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
You'll only be able to get about $75 out of it, which is 10% of what you most likely paid. Just keep it. I love Pimps and for the sub $100 used range you aren't going to find anything to compete. The features on this gun beat out any Spyder on the planet. You won't find a:
*Microswitch
*Two piece barrel
*Locking feed-neck
*Board
On any $100 Spyder.

People that feel the need to post up all of the guns they've own(ed) in their signature should probably just kill themselves.

flickr
EOS Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 PM #7
ladysmanfelpz

I really just don't play enough anymore. And air is pissing me off. I can get it at my fields and in town but its a 40 minute drive compared to a 10 for CO2. And if I keep it, then what its just gonna go down in value. I see the breakdown like this
Pimp w feedneck- $75
PMI 68 3000 tank- $50
16" stiffi- $40
14" cp- $20
14" freak w/ insert- $20
revolution eyeforce hopper- $20
cp shorty reg- $40
silver kila detents- $20
TOTAL- $285
Let me know if you dont think this looks reasonable. Also could part out the critical trigger but i remember that being a ***** to put on

My New Feedback
Old 05-11-2012, 11:00 AM #8
SFC. Connell

I don't think anyone would seriously buy this gun for $285. I know thats a decent price break-down and maybe just maybe you could get somewhere near $285 if you parted everything...but it's doubtful. Again $285 will get you a Ego07/08, DM/PM series....which is more popular now.

I know it's a hassle but maybe you get get something for it but definitely not $285.
SFC. Connell is offline   Reply With Quote