Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 10:00 PM #43
dorsai
 
 
dorsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SW Fla
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Planes and Tanks

I believe both sides are limited to three aircraft and up
to a combined total of 20.

The Commonwealth has two aircraft, both are fighters.

Aircraft are treated much as tanks, except if you're in a
plane you can't stop and park it like you can a tank. The
other BIG differnce, is in the size of the kill targets which
used. Planes are fitted with 2" X 2" targets on all sides,
while tanks have 2" X 2" sized ones on their front, yet
larger ones on both sides and even a larger one on their
rear.

A few years ago, I think it was back in 2007, the allies
had a Gator 4 X6 that was fitted with the profile of a P51
on it's sides, while the Germans had one which had a
plywood ME109, complete with a cockpit a tail and wings,
mounted atop the roof of a pickup. Back then they even
let the planes roam the field (roadways) prior to the start
of the event. Before the game began the P51 was busy
cruising the field, calling in reports to the TOC with
sightings of German consentrations. Then as the event
went live (0900hrs), he reversed direction and he 'opened
up, 'strafing' the German held airfield area, catching some
50 German players out in the open. Afterwards we could
hear him bragging over the radio about what he'd done.

I think they let us do that once more time before they nixed
letting us do aerial recon flights prior the start of the event.
Truth be told you really only get to use something like that
once, maybe twice before the other side adjusts.

These days pretty much all of our tanks and aircraft are fitted
with radios so they're always in contact with the TOC. If a
ground pounder unit runs into trouble, they call in their
location and we vector whichever assets are available to go
to their aid.

As to the last part of your question, yes they carry out
a variety of missions. it all depends on what we need
for them to do.

Sincerely,
__________________
Bg. Andy Van Der Plaats
J-9, Office of the CofS, SHAEF
"in bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt"
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com

Last edited by dorsai : 04-16-2012 at 01:51 PM.
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 AM #44
CAJ
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Aircraft D Day 2012

Sounds great! ! ! I'm thinking of bringing a FW-190 to the game. Sent Mike a couple of questions and its looking good. Im still in the building phase been kinda hampered with the High wind conditions tho. I was about ready to put the tail on but quickly discovered it was like a scene out of the "Wizard of Oz". Could barely walk in a straight line the wind was so bad. Has there been any aircraft on aircraft battles ie aces in years past, maybe we could start a trend ?

Thanks

CAJ
FW-190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsai View Post
I beleive both sides are limited to three aircraft and up
to a combined total of 20.

The Commonwealth has two aircraft, both are fighters.

Aircraft are treated much as tanks, except if you're in a
plane you can't stop and park it like you can a tank. The
other BIG differnce, is in the size of the kill targets which
used. Planes are fitted with 2" X 2" targets on all sides,
while tanks have 2" X 2" sized ones on their front, yet
larger ones on both sides and even a larger one on their
rear.

A few years ago, I think it was back in 2007, the allies
had a Gator 4 X6 that was fitted with the profile of a P51
on it's sides, while the Germans had one which had a
plywood ME109, complete with a cockpit a tail and wings,
mounted atop the roof of a pickup. Back then they even
let the planes roam the field (roadways) prior to the start
of the event. Before the game began the P51 was busy
cruising the field, calling in reports to the TOC with
sightings of German consentrations. Then as the event
went live (0900hrs), he reversed direction and he 'opened
up, 'strafing' the German held airfield area, catching some
50 German players out in the open. Afterwards we could
hear him bragging over the radio about what he'd done.

I think they let us do that once more time before they nixed
letting us do aerial recon flights prior the start of the event.
Truth be told you really only get to use something like that
once, maybe twice before the other side adjusts.

These days pretty much all of our tanks and aircraft are fitted
with radios so they're always in contact with the TOC. If a
ground pounder unit runs into trouble, they call in their
location and we vector whichever assets are available to go
to their aid.

As to the last part of your question, yes they carry out
a variety of missions. it all depends on what we need
for them to do.

Sincerely,
CAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:16 AM #45
bgr3118
SOV
 
bgr3118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PA
bgr3118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bgr3118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Tis my opinion that since the field is on Indian Nation land, any liability issues are dealt with by the Indian Nation court system and their laws are different than the rest of the world. He may not be able to buy insurance from a US carrier for all I know.
Im sure he can still buy insurance from a US carrier BUT i wonder if the Nation said no more Nerf Launchers???
__________________
USAF FIREDAWGS
SONS OF VENGEANCE

Sponsored By:VALKEN PAINTBALL, ANSGEAR.COM, ZEPHYER PAINTBALL, HITMAN GEAR
bgr3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 AM #46
dorsai
 
 
dorsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SW Fla
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Fw190

Love to see some photos of your project, as well
as story behind it so I can publish it in Stars and
Stripes.

No, I don't recall of any aerial battles, but I'm
sure the Commonwealth is willing to rise to the
occassion. When you come why not issue a
challenge to meet during one of the mini events
to see who comes out on top and declare the
winner as the ace.?

Not sure about insurance constrains because of
the fact that the field is on Indian Lands. As far
as I know, only part of the property used by the
Park is actually owned by an Indian group. The
rest is owned by Dewayne, again as far as I'm
aware.

Sincerely,
__________________
Bg. Andy Van Der Plaats
J-9, Office of the CofS, SHAEF
"in bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt"
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 PM #47
Michael Copeland
 
 
Michael Copeland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
CAJ
Andy left out about marker restrictions - planes are limited to 2 markers: either 2 AP, or 1 AP & 1 AT. The planes are limited to 500 rds of AT paint if you choose to use an AT marker. The AT marker may not be used as an AP marker when/if the AT paint is gone. Planes have a 2' x 2' kill sticker on all 4 sides. They must be mounted on a hard surface. The tanks have a 2" x 2" kill in the front; 5" x 5" on the sides & a 7" x 7" on the rear. The kill stickers should be mounted in the center of the body as measured frm top to bottom. Hope to see your FW 190 this year, Chris!
Have a good one!
__________________
Michael Copeland Retired Generalmajor, 21st Panzer Division. Legacy Board Member - Oklahoma D-day
Das Buzzard PAV
RAP4
www.RAP4.com
Valken Sports
www.valken.com
http://www.dasbuzzardpaintballarmore...e.yolasite.com
Michael Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 PM #48
CAJ
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
FW 190 D DAy OKL

I was thinking of taking pictures as I am puting it together, but my enthuisaism gets the best of me at times. When I stand back to take a look at it the more I want to build or I see a small problem here or there, then I get all wraped up in the details. I still have enough to get done so taking pictures of the build shouldn't be a problem. Really looking forward to a before and after picture when it gets painted.

I would be honored to send you some pictures as I build it along with the projects story line. Is there a dead line I should keep in mind? Just a tid-bit, my original thoughts were of the actual Luftwaffe early response to D Day 1944 where Oberstleutnant Priller ( along with his wing man )flew his FW 190 in the early hours/day of the D Day landing.

The challenge to an aerial dog fight during one of the mini-games sounds to cool I would never had thought of that !! I will keep you informed.

CAJ
FW 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsai View Post
Love to see some photos of your project, as well
as story behind it so I can publish it in Stars and
Stripes.

No, I don't recall of any aerial battles, but I'm
sure the Commonwealth is willing to rise to the
occassion. When you come why not issue a
challenge to meet during one of the mini events
to see who comes out on top and declare the
winner as the ace.?

Not sure about insurance constrains because of
the fact that the field is on Indian Lands. As far
as I know, only part of the property used by the
Park is actually owned by an Indian group. The
rest is owned by Dewayne, again as far as I'm
aware.

Sincerely,

Last edited by CAJ : 04-10-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: grammer error
CAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM #49
CAJ
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fw 190

OK sounds good.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Copeland View Post
CAJ
Andy left out about marker restrictions - planes are limited to 2 markers: either 2 AP, or 1 AP & 1 AT. The planes are limited to 500 rds of AT paint if you choose to use an AT marker. The AT marker may not be used as an AP marker when/if the AT paint is gone. Planes have a 2' x 2' kill sticker on all 4 sides. They must be mounted on a hard surface. The tanks have a 2" x 2" kill in the front; 5" x 5" on the sides & a 7" x 7" on the rear. The kill stickers should be mounted in the center of the body as measured frm top to bottom. Hope to see your FW 190 this year, Chris!
Have a good one!
CAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:09 PM #50
dorsai
 
 
dorsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SW Fla
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
CAJ,

Regards to athe deadline, I'd need the final draft and
photos by no later than Friday, May11th.

As for the story, I don't see any problems with you
talking about Oberstleutnant Priller and his wingman,
afterall they're part of the actual landing.

Speaking of making D-Day more interesting ,we tried
last year to arrange for a vintage C-47 to make a few
low passes over the site and we would have had we
been able to raise the funds. Oh well, just another
project waiting to be dusted off one of these days.
__________________
Bg. Andy Van Der Plaats
J-9, Office of the CofS, SHAEF
"in bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt"
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:18 AM #51
CAJ
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Sounds good. Rearanged the vertical stabilizer today, the wind was cooperating giving me time to make the adjustment along with the tail wheel. Hopeing to partial finish the rear fuselage and sliding canopy. Took my camera out to the building place and found out my battery was dead. Probably the commonwealth had something to do with that, crazy Tommys. LOL.

CAJ
FW 190
CAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 AM #52
dorsai
 
 
dorsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SW Fla
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Fw 190

CAJ,

Sounds impressive, can't wait to see what you're doing. As for those faulty batteries, it might have been some of
their SOE lads who switched them.
__________________
Bg. Andy Van Der Plaats
J-9, Office of the CofS, SHAEF
"in bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt"
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:29 PM #53
HarlyHunk
 
 
HarlyHunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Heh, heh. Umm, what batteries?

Cheers
__________________
Supreme Allied Commander, OK D-Day
Commonwealth Commanding Officer, Worldwide
Member Team ODX
Sponsored by ScenarioSupply.com
Elite Sponsorship by Virtue Paintball
Supported by Command Decisions Wargames Center (USA) and Shoreline Outdoor Paintball (UK)
HarlyHunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 PM #54
dorsai
 
 
dorsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SW Fla
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
SOE agents, working behind enemy lines, have
managed to obtain some preliminary photos of
a new ME 190 fighter aircraft which is expected
to be ready for use by German forces during the
Oklahoma D-Day Invasion. Further information
on this new fighter and it's capabilities will be
made available to all RAF personnel as soon as
additional information becomes available.


http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/v...2009/FW%20190/
__________________
Bg. Andy Van Der Plaats
J-9, Office of the CofS, SHAEF
"in bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt"
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 PM #55
CAJ
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Love it ! ! !

Double the watch. .stop. . the SOE are at it again..stop. . Higher HQ has requested from the technical staff more build data. . Stop. .understand the desire for more workers to assist in final build. .stop. .invasion imminent. .stop. . intelligence has suspected information may have been compromised . .stop. . tactical suprise may be at issue. .stop. .final preperation and report due by 11 may. .stop. .internal security high priority.

Oberkommando der Luftwaffe
CAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM #56
dorsai
 
 
dorsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SW Fla
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Trust me, you've got no idea as to what lengths SOE and OSS
might go to in order to obtain full specs. Understand Donavan,
with OSS, has instructed his special agent Julia Childs to whip
up a batch of French deserts to distract guards while agents
obtain more photos. American War Bond Drive launched to
help rise funds for more AA batteries and barrage balloons.
__________________
Bg. Andy Van Der Plaats
J-9, Office of the CofS, SHAEF
"in bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt"
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:25 PM #57
CAJ
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
LOL,
New directive, approach with caution any and all French deserts, cookies and funny people offering delicious side dishes. . . think german, stay German, be German. . .sauages rule! ! !

Oberkommando der Luftwaffe
CAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 AM #58
CAJ
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
More pictures soon. The Army has kept me pretty busy doing our annual 3 week training.
One of the time consuming activities on the build is putting into place a flat surface with a rounded edge. If anyone has worked with USB you know you have to have patience forming it. Not rushing it or it starts to splinter. I think at times I must be discovering a lost art LOL . . . .

CAJ
FW 190
CAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM #59
dorsai
 
 
dorsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SW Fla
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
update

CAJ,

Thanks for the updates. All joking aside, hope you're successful
with this as it'll add yet another new aspect to the event. If you'd
like to write up a short story regards to this I'd be honored to run it
in the Stars and Stripes, the same way I ran one about the halftrack
those guys in Michigan built a couple years ago.

Sincerely,
__________________
Bg. Andy Van Der Plaats
J-9, Office of the CofS, SHAEF
"in bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt"
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:41 AM #60
dorsai
 
 
dorsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SW Fla
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
One last reminder to those of you who may have been unsure
if they'd have their tanks ready for the 15th Anniversary of the
Oklahoma D-Day Event. This weekend is the last time you'll be
able to enter for the low price of $82.95, which covers your
entry, use of the park's camping/shower facilities and ALL the
HPA and/or CO2 you require.

For those of you who've been talking to me about just coming
out to see how we organize and operate, all that'll be required
is to find a way to get there and feed yourself. We'll cover the
camp access fee out of our own pocket. Think of it as our way
of helping to spread what's taken us 15 years to learn when it
comes to employing tanks in paintball events. It'll also be a
chance to see upwards of 30 armored vehicles and aircraft in
use at the same time.
__________________
Bg. Andy Van Der Plaats
J-9, Office of the CofS, SHAEF
"in bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt"
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:44 AM #61
dorsai
 
 
dorsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SW Fla
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Here's a brief look back at what happend during D-Day 2006,
including scenes showing mini tanks as well as a fighter plane,
complete with wings/tail.





Enjoy!
__________________
Bg. Andy Van Der Plaats
J-9, Office of the CofS, SHAEF
"in bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt"
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:08 PM #62
CAJ
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Sorry Andy, Mike,
Could not make it to OK 2012, almost got past the halfway mark before "Murphy's law" decided to kick in. Trailer malfunction . Thought was going to make it by Friday evening but time was not on my side and Murphy was on his game.

CAJ
FW 190
CAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:42 PM #63
robot0ninja
 
 
robot0ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
seems like the question still isnt answered on which insurance company banned nerfs. also, dorsai, you bring up all these points on why dday shouldnt use nerfs. well all these points have been dealt with in every other scenario/big game that allows nerfs. like picking them up.

and as for nerfs being easier to hit tanks with. you people have obviously never fired a nerf launcher nor payed for the rockets. the rockets average $4 a piece. like the other guy said before, 30% find rate is good. so if you go into a game with 100 rockets and come back with 30, you just lost $280. also, these things have so much kick its ridiculous. so people dont just sit back and lob rockets all day unless they have very very deep pockets. i dont get why d day and other scenarios are all about keeping the tankers happy, when 99% paintballers arent tankers.

And dorsai, dday may be the number one event right now, but it wont be that way forever. Dday's numbers are getting smaller while other events are getting larger such as ion, living legends, and the super games.
__________________
"Originally posted by razer215: What is the difference between shorter barrel and longer barrel. i'm a little confused haha."

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump