Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM #85
KdogDReapers
KCrute #93

KdogDReapers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
KdogDReapers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEric View Post
Why should the thread be closed? Unpopular subject?
Because it is behind everyone and people should be concerned with practicing and getting together with their team for event 2 if they aren't happy with how their team placed. Not complaining about a team, no rules were broken, your not changing the fact that they won, etc... Nothing can be done.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM #86
Pomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman1017 View Post
People want a fair chance when $5000 of guns is on the line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger8805 View Post
Why is that? Just so you can flip them and make money off of it? Play the game because you enjoy it, not to make money. If your grand plan is to profit from paintball I advise stepping away and re-evaluating a few things, that just isn't what this sport is about.
And if your counter to this is that you are here to have fun, then have fun, and learn from the experience. Use it as a building block to get to the nationals where the bigger prizes are... since that's your whole issue with this.

If there is a problem here it's not people taking your prizes, its people intimidating younger players and chasing them away from a sport that we all want to see grow.
First of all that is exactly what the players sandbagging were doing..playing a division for the sake of winning the prizes and selling them. If you think they were playing for sake of competition you are sadly mistaken..so are you saying they need to re-evaluate a few things? Maybe so. Of course playing a tournament is to win the prizes...yes other factors come into play, such as growing as a team and becoming better ect. However if there are no aspirations of winning prizes many teams would be content with just practicing and never entering tournaments due to the cost. I guarantee a great deal of the teams playing in this series are playing for the prizes, and that is why MAPL is such a success..they offer great prizes and competition. One matters just as much as the other..to me anyway.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 PM #87
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions View Post
Yes NPPL and PSP are two different styles. Im not sure the 3man rank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCWRM1K3 View Post
The NPPL uses a different divisional system than the PSP. The guys on Fresh Factory haven't played any tournaments above D4 in the APPA ranking system, therefore in the APPA they're considered D4 players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadwolfe View Post
There is no differentiation between 3 man, 5 man, or 7 man when it comes to rankings. The format played doesn't make a difference. Nppl doesn't offer the 3 man format either.
I was being sarcastic. I know that NPPL doesn't rank 3-man. I was simply making a point that their success in the NPPL playing 7-man has little to no bearing playing PSP 3-man. The OP doesn't have a valid point. The other teams got beat by a better team, period.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM #88
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Sand bagging is just an excuse to use for losing so you don't have to live with the fact that just maybe your team didn't prepare enough to be a top contender.

MAPL uses APPA ranking system, what more do you want? You want MAPL to not allow players to play in thier league because they worked harder then your team before the event?
A lot of the players placing in the top spots have had thier fair share of disappointing events.. they didn't jump on pbnation crying that if people weren't sand bagging they would have one. They simply practiced harder and proved themselves the next event.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:31 PM #89
specopsdeath2
ヽ༼ຈ

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawarePBguy View Post
Sand bagging is just an excuse to use for losing so you don't have to live with the fact that just maybe your team didn't prepare enough to be a top contender.

MAPL uses APPA ranking system, what more do you want? You want MAPL to not allow players to play in thier league because they worked harder then your team before the event?
A lot of the players placing in the top spots have had thier fair share of disappointing events.. they didn't jump on pbnation crying that if people weren't sand bagging they would have one. They simply practiced harder and proved themselves the next event.

You sir are quite ridiculous. They sandbagged because they play Division 1 NPPL, but played against D4/5 teams. Maybe they did work harder then some teams. They most certainly are more skilled then the teams they played, no one ever tried to strip them of that in the slightest bit. Many people in here are not even "crying" about it either. It's just sad to see a reputable team do this is all. Obviously teams will be ready for them next time.

Unfortunately this happens in almost every tourny and we all know this. Nothing that we can do either since, as stated before, MAPL using APPA and NPPL does not, so these NPPL D1 players can come into these tournys and play D4.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM #90
EPluribusUnum

EPluribusUnum plays in the PSP
EPluribusUnum owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EPluribusUnum plays in the APPA D4 division
Not that i want to involve myself in this debacle in any way, but it reminded me of when i played 7 man in 08 with the gpl. we were a d3 team playing d3/d2. a team managed to somehow get a pro player on their roster. cyndi gathered all 12 team captains in the event and went around asking everyone's opinion on whether that team should be banned or not. after 12 captains responded with "i dont give a **** let's play paintball" we continued our games. and you know who won that event? neither do i lol.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 PM #91
carlin3
Crusader Paintball

carlin3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
carlin3 is for the Gunfight
carlin3 posts videos on PbNation
carlin3 plays in the APPA D4 division
carlin3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPluribusUnum View Post
Not that i want to involve myself in this debacle in any way, but it reminded me of when i played 7 man in 08 with the gpl. we were a d3 team playing d3/d2. a team managed to somehow get a pro player on their roster. cyndi gathered all 12 team captains in the event and went around asking everyone's opinion on whether that team should be banned or not. after 12 captains responded with "i dont give a **** let's play paintball" we continued our games. and you know who won that event? neither do i lol.
not only shows how this whole event is actually smaller than it seems, it cant be changed cause it in the past, but it made me lol
Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 PM #92
410paintballurr

410paintballurr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I don't get why people say don't play for prizes. Isn't that why a lot of teams play in these events? To win those prizes and flip to possibly pay for nationals or help pay for the rest of the season. Yes I believe you should have fun and have a good time but that prize list is what I want. When my team came into this even we knew it wasn't going to be easy so we practiced hard every Sunday. We played hard and so did those other teams. We won all our matches in Prelims and got knocked out in the ocho finals by MLK. They are an awesome team and they simply out played us. Don't use your lack of practice or not being prepared for an event like this by crying and complaining. Sack up and grind harder
Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 PM #93
BaLLiN aT EJAM
LUXE Life

BaLLiN aT EJAM plays in the PSP
BaLLiN aT EJAM posts videos on PbNation
BaLLiN aT EJAM plays in the APPA D4 division
BaLLiN aT EJAM supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCWRM1K3 View Post
The NPPL uses a different divisional system than the PSP. The guys on Fresh Factory haven't played any tournaments above D4 in the APPA ranking system, therefore in the APPA they're considered D4 players.
This is actually untrue. At least one of them played a bunch of D2 Appa tournaments, psp I believe, but was still ranked D4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
I think if more people had this mentality on sport, people would enjoy playing paintball tournaments a lot more:

"Don't play for prizes, play for pride."

To know that you gave it your all at the end of the day, and to have fun with your friends on a beautiful day in Chesapeake City, Maryland, is worth more than any first place prize.
Well said Zap.
RAZA-Valken-The PGPL
My YouTube Channel
Killer for PG Army

Last edited by BaLLiN aT EJAM : 04-30-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 PM #94
Jaron10
BK KIDS

Jaron10 plays in the PSP
Jaron10 plays in the APPA D5 division
Jaron10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The thing that is getting me is everyone saying " man i would love to practice against a team like that. It only makes you better". Key word in there is PRACTICE. Yes, practicing against better teams makes you better, but getting wiped up in a match really doesn't make you better. At an event you dont get many opportunities to play several different game strategies against one team and not have it affect the outcome of your day. Ok. that was my 2 cents on everyones logic. But on the other hand, that is just the way it went. They were legal to play that division, so let them play. You kinda have to feel for both sides (assuming they were players) on this one.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 PM #95
Koonze

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPluribusUnum View Post
the team you're talking about was my team, Orion...and the "pro" you're talking about was Nicky Vegas who had been out of the game for more than 3 years. He was by no means a "pro" at that time. People just made a big deal about it because they recognized him. Nicky is a good friend of mine and he was definately not at the peak of his carreer when he played that event with us. we didn't win either, btw. i think we took third.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 PM #96
EPluribusUnum

EPluribusUnum plays in the PSP
EPluribusUnum owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EPluribusUnum plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koonze View Post
the team you're talking about was my team, Orion...and the "pro" you're talking about was Nicky Vegas who had been out of the game for more than 3 years. He was by no means a "pro" at that time. People just made a big deal about it because they recognized him. Nicky is a good friend of mine and he was definately not at the peak of his carreer when he played that event with us. we didn't win either, btw. i think we took third.
I knew the team name and the pro player that I was speaking of. I chose not to include that information because i felt it was irrelevant to my point. But yes the team was Orion and they tried to sandbag a tournament with a player who was an x pro and the best they could do was take 3rd place. Now the entire team is long gone and nobody cares who Orion is or was....

better mr. koonze?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM #97
bino

I just want say this paint flys different every day and every event!!! this event it flew in favor of the winning team just like it does every event at any given moment any team can win and any team can be beat.thats why we play this game because you never know who will win tell the game is over
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM #98
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Think this one's gone far enough, folks. The league uses APPA rankings. It is what it is, plain and simple.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Closed Thread