Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-30-2012, 02:13 PM #22
PaintedSaint
lsdpsilocybinmarijuanadmt

Jeff-The barn is located on the downward slope of a hill, as such the tree line is crooked, the barn is old and crooked aswell. getting a proper horizon line is near impossible, but im ok with that. The trail is roughly an hour and a half also.

Max-The strobe on the left is a tree, I feel that if I had better defined it, and also given a halo of light below it to give it further definition it might have a better compositional effect

David-Im not sure how i feel about strobing, nothing in the frame has been strobed, but rather painted with a headlamp and a warm light fill from my car headlights that give this its strange dual temp-color tones. I think if I couldve filled in the foreground a little with some light it wouldve been better.

Ill be re-editing this i think.

thanks all
blog.
PaintedSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2012, 02:22 PM #23
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

See, I like the lighting on the barn a bunch, how wide was the shot? I'm on my phone so I can't see the meta. It just looks really really slanted/ weird down there in the corner.

st:p hk trollfest 8-29-11
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:35 PM #24
PaintedSaint

the hill does slope off to the right and continues further up the hill on the left. focal length is something like 14mm
blog.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:14 PM #25
PbLoSeR05
CodyB

PbLoSeR05 is a Paintball photographer
PbLoSeR05 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
PbLoSeR05 is Legendary
Was hoping to get some C&C on this set as a whole. First time shooting anything night life related. Biggest thing I know- Get more face shots. The set is back-heavy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6366260...7629564413046/

Houston Heat
PhotoMOB
PbLoSeR05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 PM #26
PaintedSaint

ALRIGHT *cracks knuckles* LETS GET IT ON

ALL of your weak shots are when the subject isnt looking at you, there are a few shots that work when the subject isnt engaging you, but in general i think youre more successful when you have a more direct connection with the people you photograph like you said.

I also notice that you get better shots when you follow the light, and I dont mean that in the stereotypical way. What i mean is that when your frame has a good source of light you find more interesting compositions such as this:

You 'work for it' more when there is good light involved. Where the subject isnt necessarily properly exposed it works. 'starry eyed surprisse' is what comes to mind.
or

also, experiment! dont be afraid to push the subject with the frame. You control the gravity of the frame and setting things off kilter instead of keeping the subject dead center can give you alot of different feelings for the scene at hand.
blog.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 AM #27
shocker912
****zmagee

shocker912 plays in the PSP
shocker912 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shocker912 is an NCPA player
shocker912 plays in the APPA D4 division
Lol rip it apart.

SAINTS
PAP FAMILY
shocker912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:36 PM #28
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Its definitely not a terrible rolling shot at all. It shows good movement and it seems to be fairly sharp. There are a few things that I would nitpick on however. It seems a little dark, maybe thats my computer, Im not sure. Another thing is the bottom right hand corner, its an easy photoshop fix but I was instantly pulled to that instead of the car itself. Maybe a bit less tilt? Like I said its not a bad shot at all, I expect to see more from you
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:26 AM #29
shocker912
****zmagee

shocker912 plays in the PSP
shocker912 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shocker912 is an NCPA player
shocker912 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizzle View Post
Its definitely not a terrible rolling shot at all. It shows good movement and it seems to be fairly sharp. There are a few things that I would nitpick on however. It seems a little dark, maybe thats my computer, Im not sure. Another thing is the bottom right hand corner, its an easy photoshop fix but I was instantly pulled to that instead of the car itself. Maybe a bit less tilt? Like I said its not a bad shot at all, I expect to see more from you
It's kind of an older shot, as soon as I uploaded it I noticed the paint line as well and thought the same thing about photoshopping it out. But thanks for the suggestions, I'm trying to start taking a whole lot more pictures. Kinda fell off a while ago

SAINTS
PAP FAMILY
shocker912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM #30
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

skwirnmn has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
minus the facebook quality, what could i do in terms of processing?

skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:56 PM #31
K.Y.L.E
alaskan kitten.

K.Y.L.E has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
K.Y.L.E has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
K.Y.L.E has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You have really sharp lines defining your shadows and highlights. The most obvious distraction is the bokeh you added. If anything, I would have added bubbles. If it was me I would blur the background more to isolate your subjects, and crop tighter near the top. A warming filter would add a nice touch in my opinion. Exposure needs to be adjusted too. It has potential.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:44 PM #32
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Colors are a lil off but looks fine to me
p8ntcheck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:47 AM #33
skwirnmn
Chris Loh

skwirnmn has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Y.L.E View Post
You have really sharp lines defining your shadows and highlights. The most obvious distraction is the bokeh you added. If anything, I would have added bubbles. If it was me I would blur the background more to isolate your subjects, and crop tighter near the top. A warming filter would add a nice touch in my opinion. Exposure needs to be adjusted too. It has potential.
appreciated
I definitely would not have chosen to add oof bubbles on top of the grooms face. that's how the bubbles came out. Definitely could have warmed it up a bit. unfortunately, I'm terrible at dodging/burning. her tan across her neck and shoulders was really un-even. :/
skwirnmn is offline   Reply With Quote