Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM #1
pwny expr3ss

pwny expr3ss plays in the APPA D4 division
pwny expr3ss has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pwny expr3ss supports DLX Technology
New Clone VX owner :D

hi guys, just took my NEW(to me) Clone VX out today. I've had it for two weeks so I was very excited to finally get to shoot it. Consistent chrono, smooth, efficient, and gorgeous, basically everything everyone said it would be. I don't see what all the fuss was about with the grip frame, it felt just fine to me. Anyway, I only have two complaints:

1) Later in the day (greasy hands), the ON/Off can be a little difficult to work.
2) I don't know if all the VX's are like this, but my screen was impossible to see in any kind of lighting, except very low lighting. If there's a way I can improve this, please let me know.

In addition, I wouldn't really call this a complaint but I started getting barrel breaks later in the day. Now for a little background, I live in Georgia, and it was 92/93 today. I was shooting Valken Fate, and I think the reason for the breaks was bunker rub towards the end of the barrel. I had a good bore match, and it was only some of the time. Overall I am very happy with this gun, and super excited to get a feel for it.
pwny expr3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 PM #2
Ol'Baditude
Hostile #35

Ol'Baditude owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ol'Baditude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Some suggestions in Orange below, from a fellow VX owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwny expr3ss View Post
hi guys, just took my NEW(to me) Clone VX out today. I've had it for two weeks so I was very excited to finally get to shoot it. Consistent chrono, smooth, efficient, and gorgeous, basically everything everyone said it would be. I don't see what all the fuss was about with the grip frame, it felt just fine to me. Anyway, I only have two complaints:

1) Later in the day (greasy hands), the ON/Off can be a little difficult to work. Not sure I've had this problem. The ribs on the ON/OFF knob are quite deep and provide lots of grip. You can try putting a little grease on the threads under the knob, it makes things a bit smoother.
2) I don't know if all the VX's are like this, but my screen was impossible to see in any kind of lighting, except very low lighting. If there's a way I can improve this, please let me know. The default screen brightness has always been fine for me, it seems yours has been turned down. Go in to programming mode and increase it.

In addition, I wouldn't really call this a complaint but I started getting barrel breaks later in the day. Now for a little background, I live in Georgia, and it was 92/93 today. I was shooting Valken Fate, and I think the reason for the breaks was bunker rub towards the end of the barrel. I had a good bore match, and it was only some of the time. Overall I am very happy with this gun, and super excited to get a feel for it.
Ol'Baditude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:58 PM #3
pwny expr3ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Baditude View Post
Some suggestions in Orange below, from a fellow VX owner.
I will try putting grease on the threads underneath, thanks for the tip. And I have checked, it's on the brightest setting.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:18 PM #4
wesr

^i have had the same thing going on with my screen too... i might order a new screen... let me know if you figure anything else out... mine is also on the highest setting.
wesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 PM #5
Ninjitsu232
DaHalfAznPaintballer

Ninjitsu232 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ninjitsu232 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
All OLED board screens can go bad if let out in the sun for even 15 mins. If it is impossible to read then I suggest getting a new one.
Ninjitsu232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 PM #6
Mark S.
CHOWDAH

Mark S. works for a Paintball manufacturer
Mark S. plays in the APPA D4 division
People have complained about brightness issues with the screen, and it just seems to be from them wearing out over time. A new screen should take care of that.
Mark S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:26 AM #7
Ol'Baditude
Hostile #35

Ol'Baditude owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ol'Baditude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Type B OLED Screen for Clone VX.
Ol'Baditude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 AM #8
pwny expr3ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Baditude View Post
Type B OLED Screen for Clone VX.
And thank you again! I'll be ordering a new screen shortly.