PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2012, 08:03 AM #1
Dead Roman
Gun that can Shoots it

Rainmaker build

I have had this brass eagle rainmaker electro pnuematic paintball gun since about 2001. I bought it when it was one of the coolest most hi-tec markers out there and drooled over it for months saving my pennies to buy a refurbished model. I always wanted to deck it out but I got into other things and it sat on the bench. In about 2006-7 I got back into paintball pretty seriously and realized the tech of the rainmaker had long since become obsolete and I moved up into the more advanced markers and played semi-pro paintball for a little while. The rainmaker sat in a box for a long time and I had always wanted to customize it just for a fun little project. well after trying to sell all my paintball gear and the rainmaker being the only thing left, Ive decided to go ahead and have my way with it. I started off by calling a pretty well known airsmith(who will remain nameless) to have some custom milling done and at first he seemed interested, but has had pretty bad communication so I have decided to do everything myself. To clarify, I dont own a mill or lathe. all the "milling" will be done with files and hacksaws and alot of elbow grease. I started tonight on the upper receiver. On the right and left sides of the upper there are matching dovetails for attaching sights I suppose, this is pretty much useless in paintball. Im going to start by taking the dovetails off and rounding the top of the receiver off to give it a more sleek look and save some weight. Here are some before and after pics. This will be a long term project. I plan to run all the air lines in small diameter copper and there will be lots of brass and copper bits added for a retro look. the upper and lower receivers will get a high polish and the gripframe is gonna be swapped out to an angel gripframe. all electronics will be updated to modern stuff with eyes in the feed neck to prevent ball breakage.

Before, whole gun

After tonight, just upper receiver.

the material around the feedneck is the dovetail im talking about. Some of it is still there because I am going to use that to "sculpt" some nice radii' around the base of the neck,
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM #2
Dead Roman
Gun that can Shoots it

Got alot of progress done today. Finished cutting and grinding on the upper reciever, just needs a little bit of smoothing joints and a butt load of sanding and polishing. I also rounded the bolt cover today and sanded it down. Im new to polishing so i went ahead and polished it to see where I was at. Came out pretty good but its clear that some more sanding needs to be done.

Pics of the upper to follow
Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 PM #3
Dead Roman
Gun that can Shoots it

Upper with bolt cover.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 PM #4
GHPBWoman

GHPBWoman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rainmakers are making a comeback, it seems. We've had 3 Rainmaker projects pop up over the last several months.

(Their CHUNK-CHUNK-CHUNK-CHUNK really scares kids with speedball guns out on the field!)

Find me at: Gearheadz Paintball
GHPBWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 PM #5
Dead Roman
Gun that can Shoots it

Her is the upper/lower recievers an the bolt cover all stripped of anodize. *I am nearly finished sculpting the upper, but i still feel like i need to do some shaping around the feed neck as it bulges iut a bit and the joint where the upper and bolt cover meet isnt as nice as i would like it to be yet. I havent done any shaping to the lower reciever yet , im definately gonna take the bulge for the tunnel out but i havent really figured out what to do beyond that. In any case eeryting is going to be made as smoothe and round as possible.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:00 PM #6
Dead Roman
Gun that can Shoots it

I need to source a back block an a mac mount if anyone can assist.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:53 PM #7
mr34727

mr34727 is playing at Living Legends VII
mr34727 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mr34727 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mr34727 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sweet! Keep us posted with pics!