Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 04:35 PM #1
LongShot16
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Shocking that a D1/D2 NPPL team wins D4/5 3 Man Today

I can't believe that "Fresh Factory" would play in a D4/D5 division of 3man.

For those who are unaware of who "Fresh Factory" really is, it's Dynasty 2/ NOOBIES, a very high ranked NPPL team.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hlight=noobies

It's a shame that GPL/MAPL really doesn't even care about the division, and the beginners or else they would have actually done something about this.

Takes away from the game where REAL D4/D5 teams could have competed FAIRLY. A D1/D2 NPPL coming into D4/D5 and winning the entire event without losing a point???? Shame on GPL/MAPL and shame on Dynasty 2/NOOBIES.

GPL/MAPL has forever lost my business, I will never put one of my teams in this league.

Enjoy those prizes guys...you've earned them fairly...

Don't even use the excuse that their ranked D4/D5 in APPA, MAPL could have denied them but took the money and ran.

They will also be playing in D4/D5 5man Sunday under "Fresh Factory"

Last edited by LongShot16 : 04-28-2012 at 04:52 PM.
LongShot16 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2012, 07:05 PM #2
Equinox34
 
 
Equinox34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Equinox34 plays in the PSP
Equinox34 plays in the APPA D4 division
Wow didnt kno that pretty unfair
Equinox34 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 07:11 PM #3
cageking1
IE Resistance #39
 
cageking1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
cageking1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cageking1 is an NCPA player
cageking1 plays in the APPA D4 division
cageking1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Thumbs down

That's ridiculous. Makes me lose a lot of respect for Dynasty- im surpised they would tarnish their reputation by sandbagging a regional league.

Also makes me reconsider playing MAPL if they continue to blantantly look the other way.
cageking1 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 07:53 PM #4
pbackman125
Ξ✪Ξ
 
pbackman125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jerzey/De/Md
pbackman125 plays in the PSP
pbackman125 supports Empire
Somebody's gonna beat the system
__________________
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post19323087
my feed back^
DC ARSENAL FAN #98
Official Baltimore Trauma Fan #671
ebaY
pbackman125 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:01 PM #5
klimklim888
 
 
klimklim888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 215
if their rank is d4 in the appa then they are allowed to play d4.
besides to be the best dont you wanna play and try to beat the best?
__________________
Avalanche
VSB
klimklim888 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:03 PM #6
Macris
u n d e r d o g s ♥
 
Macris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 6OH!9
Macris donated to help Peyton Trent
Macris plays in the APPA D3 division
Macris is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongShot16 View Post
I can't believe that "Fresh Factory" would play in a D4/D5 division of 3man.

For those who are unaware of who "Fresh Factory" really is, it's Dynasty 2/ NOOBIES, a very high ranked NPPL team.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hlight=noobies

It's a shame that GPL/MAPL really doesn't even care about the division, and the beginners or else they would have actually done something about this.

Takes away from the game where REAL D4/D5 teams could have competed FAIRLY. A D1/D2 NPPL coming into D4/D5 and winning the entire event without losing a point???? Shame on GPL/MAPL and shame on Dynasty 2/NOOBIES.

GPL/MAPL has forever lost my business, I will never put one of my teams in this league.

Enjoy those prizes guys...you've earned them fairly...

Don't even use the excuse that their ranked D4/D5 in APPA, MAPL could have denied them but took the money and ran.

They will also be playing in D4/D5 5man Sunday under "Fresh Factory"
Why did you create an account to solely ***** and complain about the issue?

Bottomline, the APPA does not run off of NPPL rankings, leave it at that. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the fact that the NPPL does NOT WANT TO USE THE APPA RANKING SYSTEM, instead of you pointing the blame on the MAPL? Come on now, with all do respect what rank did you finish? Are you lashing out because you lost to "D1" players in the Finals? OR are you taking the easiest target to say why you did not place in a D4 Tournament.

YOU need to realize that ALL paintball tournaments WILL NOT turn down teams so long they fit the criteria that is in place for their events. It sucks, I know, but it's not the MAPL's fault, so stop yourself.
__________________
atlantic city rampage
Macris is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:06 PM #7
Glasswurks@verizon.n
 
 
Glasswurks@verizon.n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Coatesville,Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbackman125
Somebody's gonna beat the system
Exactly, really no point in *****ing because it's paintball and it has always and most likely will always go on in one form or another. Look at it as a chance to improve your play but don't hold the league responsible. The rules are available for everyone to view prior to signing up for the event and in this case no rules were broken so really u just need to suck it up as a learning experience.
__________________
BLACK CLOUD
NPPL D3
Powered by: OXCC

Support MAPL
Glasswurks@verizon.n is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:12 PM #8
Booyahkai
 
 
Booyahkai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philly
 has been a member for 10 years
Booyahkai plays in the PSP
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D4 division
I would have glady taken up the chance to beat a D1 team. No one looks any different to me at the other end. I also look at teams as if there are better. Never underestimated any team I am playing against.
__________________
Me Artist, You Canvas. Get the picture?

GUNS for sale{.http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post81408953
HUGE TANK SALE!!! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3863046
Gearbag sale http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3654110
Booyahkai is online now  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 PM #9
Comfymumfy
 
 
Comfymumfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lutherville, MD
Annual Supporting Member
Comfymumfy is playing at Living Legends III
Comfymumfy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My daughter played her first tournament games today and had a wonderful time, and she and the rest of her team made it to the semi-finals. She didn't ***** about the level of competition she played against...she's a player.

If you're going to blame the MAPL for allowing players to play in a tournament that they had every right to play in, that's your problem. But I know my teenage daughter will be right back out there tomorrow and at the next event playing her heart out.
__________________
Knight Stalkers Scenario Team
Visit Us
Proudly sponsored By:
Outdoor Xtreme Chesapeake City OXCC
Comfymumfy is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 PM #10
fatboy6969
LULZ:its wat i do things4
 
fatboy6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
fatboy6969 plays in the APPA D4 division
Play to have fun and get better. Take your concentration off of prizes and you might have a good time.
fatboy6969 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:33 PM #11
Jayk9917
Don't be scared homie
 
Jayk9917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Jayk9917 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I see both sides of this I wouldn't bash the kid too much because he saw a rookie division in a tournament and went out and got a response trigger put on his tippman thinking it would be good but teams like that should be warned that this isn't the league for true rookie teams this way they don't get discouraged because right or wrong the league will now have someone talking bad about them and deterring it from growing my team plays that team tomorrow and if we win great if we loose oh well and his account might be new because he is new so instead of beating him down just relize we were all beginners at one point and didn't like getting stomped on its different at practice but not at an expensive tournament
__________________
QuickShotPaintballfield.com
PC United
Jayk9917 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:44 PM #12
fatboy6969
LULZ:its wat i do things4
 
fatboy6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
fatboy6969 plays in the APPA D4 division
I don't think someone that new would have any idea who Dynasty 2 is, know their players, PBN thread, experience, etc. Your point is correct but unfortunately that's not what's happening here.
fatboy6969 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:00 PM #13
Jayk9917
Don't be scared homie
 
Jayk9917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Jayk9917 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
You could be right I'm just trying to see it from his point if his team is true rookies he could have heard it from other teams *****ing and decided to look them up or it could be the team that placed 2nd and figured if they didn't play they would have gotten first either way it's better to encourage them tel them do a few local rookie events and get help and come back a year or two later than to just piss off another team from ever coming back and telling other players and teams from coming back
__________________
QuickShotPaintballfield.com
PC United
Jayk9917 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 PM #14
oldpops
Boats And Hoes WorldWide
 
oldpops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turtle Creek , Pa
oldpops plays in the PSP
oldpops donated to help Peyton Trent
oldpops owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldpops supports Team VICIOUS
oldpops plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfymumfy View Post
My daughter played her first tournament games today and had a wonderful time, and she and the rest of her team made it to the semi-finals. She didn't ***** about the level of competition she played against...she's a player.

If you're going to blame the MAPL for allowing players to play in a tournament that they had every right to play in, that's your problem. But I know my teenage daughter will be right back out there tomorrow and at the next event playing her heart out.
Now where is that "LIKE" button at....
__________________
DMARMY is coming back in 2014/15 , 2014 Sponsors- GI , Ninja


R.I.P Michael “Chef” Hollingsworth’s #51 . YOU WILL BE MISSED


Soon to come
2ndchancep8ntball.com
Dmarmypb.com
oldpops is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM #15
LCWRM1K3
Larson
 
LCWRM1K3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia
LCWRM1K3 plays in the APPA D4 division
It happens all the time pros drop down and play d2/d3 it happens. I have played in divisional as well as a few charity tournament where, a divisional teams have showed up to use it as a practice. Its part of paintball, not a good one but it is a part. Is it a shame? Yes. Should it happen? No, but until all of paintball is under one league/divisional system it will continue to happen. Just play the game to have fun. If all you care about is winning the prizes and not for the fun of playing paintball then don't play.
__________________
Shockwave
2014 GPL EVENT #1 1st Place
2014 EPL EVENT #1 1st Place
2014 GPL EVENT#2 3rd Place

GI SPORTZ
PLANET ECLIPSE
LVP

LUXE OLED & GEO 3----Gear For Sale
LCWRM1K3 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:11 PM #16
landis95
PAF~4~L
 
landis95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
landis95 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
landis95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
landis95 supports Team VICIOUS
This happens everywhere, a legue cant deny a team because they are a d1 team in the NPPL, it is a completely separate ranking system. The rules say that you must be of your teams playing division in the APPA ranking system. There certainly is a morale issue here, dynasty could have not have played because they knew in their minds that it would be unfair, but GPL/MAPL cannot deny them a spot in the tournament if all players on the roster are of the D4 or D5 rank in the APPA system. So, bottom line, this whole thing is a morale issue...not a ruling issue by the MAPL. So keep playing MAPL, don't move to a different series just because of this. Reason being, because this will happen in ANY regional legue and i see it all the time.
__________________
PA Fallout
Lehigh Valley Paintball South
Poison Geo2
Dark Edition Vampire SL94

Last edited by landis95 : 04-28-2012 at 09:19 PM.
landis95 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 PM #17
Droid Axiom
DC Devastation #88
 
Droid Axiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DC/PG Chillin...
Droid Axiom plays in the PSP
Droid Axiom owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Droid Axiom plays in the APPA D1 division
Lol, if they are ranked d4/d5 in appa and they know they can blow out the division, why wouldnt they participate? Let them take advantage of it for the time being. Dont be salty because 3 players from a 7MAN team won. Its a completely different tournament experience. Same with d4/d5 5man. Look at the bright side, if they win or place high at all of the events, you wont see them in d4/d5 next season
Droid Axiom is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:35 PM #18
CONTRACTkiller_423
 
 
CONTRACTkiller_423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN/PA
CONTRACTkiller_423 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CONTRACTkiller_423 is an NCPA player
CONTRACTkiller_423 supports Empire
This exact situation happen at NCPA Nationals with the majority of the University of Nebraska Omaha team being from Vicious. As long as they (either Fresh Factory, Omaha, or any other team) meet the requirements to be in a certain division they have every right to play.
Also, UNO didn't even win Nationals which goes to show that anyone can win on any given day. They might be a tougher opponent but your game will never improve if you don't challenge yourself playing against teams better than you.
The MAPL runs a great event and I see no reason for this being their fault. If anything like someone mentioned earlier, blame the NPPL for not using the APPA program.
__________________
Temple University NCPA Alumni
Old Trust

Last edited by CONTRACTkiller_423 : 04-28-2012 at 09:37 PM.
CONTRACTkiller_423 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:39 PM #19
njpballer3
White Tee GANG
 
njpballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Jerz
Annual Supporting Member
njpballer3 is BST Legit
njpballer3 plays in the USPL
njpballer3 plays in the PSP
njpballer3 is an NCPA player
njpballer3 plays in the APPA D3 division
njpballer3 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid Axiom View Post
Lol, if they are ranked d4/d5 in appa and they know they can blow out the division, why wouldnt they participate? Let them take advantage of it for the time being. Dont be salty because 3 players from a 7MAN team won. Its a completely different tournament experience. Same with d4/d5 5man. Look at the bright side, if they win or place high at all of the events, you wont see them in d4/d5 next season
They could possibly bump up after 2 events. Ya they are D1 players for NPPL but they are being smart taking advantage of the situation if they aren't breaking any rules.....wouldn't you do the same?
__________________
CLUTCH is back!
PLAYGROUND ARMY D4X
RAZA GI VALKEN PLAYGROUND


Support the new league PGPL! BEST prizes around and BEST field around!
njpballer3 is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 11:13 PM #20
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.
 
Black Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: icwatudidthar!?!?!
Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox34 View Post
Wow didnt kno that pretty unfair
Quote:
Originally Posted by cageking1 View Post
That's ridiculous. Makes me lose a lot of respect for Dynasty- im surpised they would tarnish their reputation by sandbagging a regional league.

Also makes me reconsider playing MAPL if they continue to blantantly look the other way.
`

Actually it is 100% fair and legal. Like everyone has stated already the NPPL does not use the APPA ranking system. The MAPL does and under the APPA ranking system they are legal. Could the MAPL have denied them? No because following there own rule book they can't at that point they are breaking there own rules and making biased choices and decisions against NPPL teams which is not fair to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbackman125 View Post
Somebody's gonna beat the system
lol worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimklim888 View Post
if their rank is d4 in the appa then they are allowed to play d4.
besides to be the best dont you wanna play and try to beat the best?
THIS ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfymumfy View Post
My daughter played her first tournament games today and had a wonderful time, and she and the rest of her team made it to the semi-finals. She didn't ***** about the level of competition she played against...she's a player.

If you're going to blame the MAPL for allowing players to play in a tournament that they had every right to play in, that's your problem. But I know my teenage daughter will be right back out there tomorrow and at the next event playing her heart out.
DEFINITION OF TRUE PAINTBALL PLAYER. BTW saw this girl almost pull out a 2 on 1 against these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONTRACTkiller_423 View Post
This exact situation happen at NCPA Nationals with the majority of the University of Nebraska Omaha team being from Vicious. As long as they (either Fresh Factory, Omaha, or any other team) meet the requirements to be in a certain division they have every right to play.
Also, UNO didn't even win Nationals which goes to show that anyone can win on any given day. They might be a tougher opponent but your game will never improve if you don't challenge yourself playing against teams better than you.
The MAPL runs a great event and I see no reason for this being their fault. If anything like someone mentioned earlier, blame the NPPL for not using the APPA program.
The best example ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyahkai View Post
I would have glady taken up the chance to beat a D1 team. No one looks any different to me at the other end. I also look at teams as if there are better. Never underestimated any team I am playing against.
The truest form of a competitor ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macris View Post
Why did you create an account to solely ***** and complain about the issue?

Bottomline, the APPA does not run off of NPPL rankings, leave it at that. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the fact that the NPPL does NOT WANT TO USE THE APPA RANKING SYSTEM, instead of you pointing the blame on the MAPL? Come on now, with all do respect what rank did you finish? Are you lashing out because you lost to "D1" players in the Finals? OR are you taking the easiest target to say why you did not place in a D4 Tournament.

YOU need to realize that ALL paintball tournaments WILL NOT turn down teams so long they fit the criteria that is in place for their events. It sucks, I know, but it's not the MAPL's fault, so stop yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis95 View Post
This happens everywhere, a legue cant deny a team because they are a d1 team in the NPPL, it is a completely separate ranking system. The rules say that you must be of your teams playing division in the APPA ranking system. There certainly is a morale issue here, dynasty could have not have played because they knew in their minds that it would be unfair, but GPL/MAPL cannot deny them a spot in the tournament if all players on the roster are of the D4 or D5 rank in the APPA system. So, bottom line, this whole thing is a morale issue...not a ruling issue by the MAPL. So keep playing MAPL, don't move to a different series just because of this. Reason being, because this will happen in ANY regional legue and i see it all the time.
Hope you calm down and realize no matter how when or what event you play some how someone is there to win whether they have brought in "ringers" are ranked a certain way or w/e it happens every where. I know pro players ranked D4 in APPA because they haven't played in years. I can point out people playing tomorrow who have played high divisions in APPA based tournaments and are ranked low on appa b/c they haven't played an APPA event in years. Honestly its not a perfect world or system by any means. You just have to deal with it and hope your the best on that day. Practice. Persavearance. Dedication. 3 things that make a good paintball player hope you continue to play MAPL and hopefully next time things go in your favor.
__________________
R.I.P. ARSENAL KIDZ 2012 NPPL Series Champions
Black Pat is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:21 AM #21
NAVELSHIPMAN
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I think you all should read the rulebook. The MAPL does have the right to deny a player from playing even if they are ranked D4 appa.

4.04 Player Divisional Status. Players are ranked by the APPA Ranking system. MAPL Promoter has the right to reclass any player as they see fit based on the player’s history within the sport and the particular division in question.

I am looking forward to watching again today.
NAVELSHIPMAN is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump