Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM #1
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Speed Chutes/improving Explosiveness/Endurance

Looking for any and all information I can get. Im looking to get in better shape, mostly endurance training and becoming faster. yes, its so I can play paintbullets better and get less tired. Im 24, not involved in any other sports, so why not become better at the only thing I enjoy?

Basically wondering if the speed chutes help exponentially. What would be a good website, or even advice on conditioning as I dont excercise regularly now. I dont have access to weights and I wont be going to a gym. So basically Ill be doing all of this outside, on my land, I have plenty of room to do whatever but Ill be doing it by myself as I have no friends interested in working out. I dont know if Ill get flamed for posting this, if I do, so be it, if not... thanks in advance.
godraep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM #2
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i used speed chutes back in highschool and they seemed to help with speed. i didnt use them long enough though to really know if they made a huge impact but i liked them.

you can do running drills like 200 yard dash, then walk/light jog for 200 yards then run for 200 yards again or something like that. that way you will be training for speed but also will get the benefits of cardio and wont tire as easy.

another great thing is hill work. running up hills were something we did in track a lot. it will make you want to kill yourself but hill sprints work well.

just go in google and type in running speed drills, paintball speed drills, explosiveness drills, etc. you will find a lot. the internet is a wonderful thing for information like this. possibly even join a forum that is purely about running.

i would really focus on doing speed/short-medium distance work and not long *** distances because speed is more important in paintball. even with speed work you will attain cardio work and wont get winded as fast.

explosiveness-squats and hangcleans are what we did in football for this.

im no running expert im just speaking off experience because i used to be fast as **** at running, but that was genetics anyways i guess.

Last edited by paintballh00dlum : 04-23-2012 at 06:51 PM.
paintballh00dlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:56 PM #3
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Sprints. Eat right, don't be a fatass. Lift heavy as ****. Or, carry some heavy *** **** around. Or drag it. Or push it.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:25 AM #4
Culture Evil
Termocycler

Annual Supporting Member
Culture Evil is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hoodlum :

during that time did you get a chance to work with speed ladders ?

if so.. i was looking around but cant find information of the difference of having a 30 feet or 44 feet ladders.

lmk if you know anything about this ...
Culture Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 AM #5
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i used them in football a lot i remember, but i dont know if theres anything special about the difference in lengths.
paintballh00dlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:08 PM #6
Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

Blue_Cobra is playing at Living Legends VII
Blue_Cobra supports Team VICIOUS
Blue_Cobra posts videos on PbNation
Blue_Cobra supports Pev's Paintball
Blue_Cobra plays in the APPA D4 division
That's pretty cool. I am trying to work on speed. Right now I am doing sprints and running lines to increase my speed and agility for changing directions quick.

"Originally posted by greenperson: lol you just completely shutout savephace. they were like "look. our lens can take a gelatin shell at 425 FPS". and Vforce is like "ok. ours can take bullets.""
LEGO PAINTBALL WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Need to sell gear? Go to U.S.A. B/S/T! It's easy & it's Facebook!
Blue_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote