Community Focus

Old 01-28-2011, 05:13 PM #22
ATLpaintballa
Stoobz Foodz

ATLpaintballa plays in the PSP
ATLpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ATLpaintballa is an NCPA player
ATLpaintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
does she develop a greasy coat on her, so that you have to wash her often or no?
KSU Owl Herd | Russians #1 | The Finnish Prince
Official Sandana Owners Club V3"We're still more then OG"

ATLpaintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2011, 05:20 PM #23
Viruzz
05-08-2010'er

Viruzz is playing at Living Legends III
Viruzz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Viruzz supports Team VICIOUS
Viruzz is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrethegiant View Post
he was maybe like 6-8 weeeks older than this when he died

I want it sooo bad. Too cute.
Viruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 PM #24
andrethegiant
team PENSACOLA GIANTS

andrethegiant owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
andrethegiant has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah I miss him too.
He was such a good dog, and he was so soft and loveable, he was like a silky stuffed animal
andrethegiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 PM #25
Jae.C

Jae.C has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLpaintballa View Post
does she develop a greasy coat on her, so that you have to wash her often or no?
Nope, we never have to wash her. The only time we wash her is when she goes into ponds and stuff lol. And she never smells either.

Sorry to hear about your puppy... thats terrible. He is so cute

Most of these *****s think they be mackin but they be actin
Who they attractin with that line, "What's your name, what's your sign"?
Jae.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:17 PM #26
TheRedButton

TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego

This is a wolf mix I sat over Easter of 09. Well-mannered and very affectionate. To give you an idea of how big he is, I'm 6'1, 170lbs. He was the biggest dog I had taken care of to that point, probably 75lbs+.

Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:47 PM #27
StrangeBalla55
bamcis

StrangeBalla55 donated to help Peyton Trent
StrangeBalla55 supports Sherwood Forest
my husky50/wolf 25/akita 25 little over 60 lb at year and 2mo. has no problem "leaping" over a 4.5 fence

SOG

DEEP SEA
StrangeBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:27 AM #28
Pr1m0
Givin' um the Switch

Annual Supporting Member
Pr1m0 plays in the PSP
Pr1m0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Pr1m0 supports DLX Technology

dad husky/ mom wolf/shepherd

Has Anyone Seen My Nods?
Probably the only Active SF guy still competing in Paintball -__-
Pr1m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:32 PM #29
Shadow Crow
Mid-back-front

Shadow Crow owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Congratulations, guys!! This is a very good thing for dog genes...
Back in the 90's the scientists reclassified dogs as being the same species as wolfs, so biologically every dog is a wolf, the difference is in behavior (wolfs cannot express their feelings towards humans nor depend on them to feel happy).
I wouldn't recommend having a pure wolf though, they are very strong and instinctive.. Even hybrid specimens can gather bad dog behaviors and bad wolf behavior and thus become a difficult adult to handle later on.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:42 PM #30
Jae.C

Jae.C has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Playing in the snow

Most of these *****s think they be mackin but they be actin
Who they attractin with that line, "What's your name, what's your sign"?
Jae.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:11 PM #31
MamaZ

Your girl is absolutely stunning! We have what we believe to be a wolf-pitbull mix. She is a stray from the animal shelter almost two years ago. They stated she was two years at that time and a german shepherd mix, but the vet said definitely under one year and a wolf mixed with ??? We are coming up a wolf-pit. She has four white paws and all greyish/whitish furry underbelly, slanty eyes and the white chest of the pitbull, somewhat large stand up ears that rotate all over the place, a nice full wolf type tail but less fluffy, with a small white tipping at the very end. She is pure muscle, and has a very thick double-coat which sheds water, similar in color to your girl. She is so sweet, a great watchdog, extremely intelligent, but if it's ours, it's hers. She's eaten and/or destroyed numerous remotes, shoes, two cell phones, numerous headsets, computer wiring, and one of the arms from our leather couch. The bright spot is she is getting less destructive, but if we leave something laying around, it's our fault cuz we know better! She is an extraordinary hunter, she'll catch low flying birds in the air, and has caught dozens of gophers and bunnies. She has even brought me a few inside to cook for dinner (which I DON'T!). One big bunny was alive and we had to chase it down in the house
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 PM #32
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
we have 2 pure wolves (or almost pure) and a 75% wolf down at our kennel. the female wolf is really skittish but fairly affectionate when she gets familiar with you. the male is huge and probably the meanest animal i have ever seen anyone own. my uncle is the only person that he lets handle him (and his owner...sometimes). they hybrid is alright, he is a german Shepard/wolf mix and is absolutely massive, bigger then any wolf or shepard i have ever seen.

I would never recommend owning a pure blooded wolf, even a hybrid can be risky if you are not careful (true with any dog, i guess). we get a lot of wolves in the kennel and unfortunately a lot of them are just there until they get put down because of an attack on their owner or the owner can no longer keep them. they will be the nicest animals in the world then one day just snap, like any wild animal people think they can domesticate. on creature i firmly believe should not be kept as a pet. their owners get to comfortable around them and forget they are an apex predator and not a dog and bad things happen

Last edited by imhungry : 01-19-2012 at 12:27 PM.
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:47 PM #33
underdog_153

all of these dogs eyes are so damn intense. its like you can tell the he/she is figuring you out, especially the OP
Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 AM #34
T1tanrush
Team Green

T1tanrush helped look for balloons
T1tanrush owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
T1tanrush supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Crow View Post
Congratulations, guys!! This is a very good thing for dog genes...
Back in the 90's the scientists reclassified dogs as being the same species as wolfs, so biologically every dog is a wolf, the difference is in behavior (wolfs cannot express their feelings towards humans nor depend on them to feel happy).
I wouldn't recommend having a pure wolf though, they are very strong and instinctive.. Even hybrid specimens can gather bad dog behaviors and bad wolf behavior and thus become a difficult adult to handle later on.
Coming from both a zoology major, and someone who has worked with over a hundred wolves and wolf hybrids at multiple rescues- this is one of the stupidest, most mongoloid thing's I've ever read.

Those of you thinking you know the content percentage of your hybrid- you don't have any idea, it's literally impossible to tell the exact amount. Odds are if it's acting anything like a dog- you have very low content wolf. All of the ones I've seen in this thread are for the most part- low content.

I've been around high content and pure wolves enough to be able to tell that. Sadly any sort of wolf hybrid is not a suitable pet for ANYONE, and it certainly should never be treated like a dog should.
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
T1tanrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:47 AM #35
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1tanrush View Post
Coming from both a zoology major, and someone who has worked with over a hundred wolves and wolf hybrids at multiple rescues- this is one of the stupidest, most mongoloid thing's I've ever read.

Those of you thinking you know the content percentage of your hybrid- you don't have any idea, it's literally impossible to tell the exact amount. Odds are if it's acting anything like a dog- you have very low content wolf. All of the ones I've seen in this thread are for the most part- low content.

I've been around high content and pure wolves enough to be able to tell that. Sadly any sort of wolf hybrid is not a suitable pet for ANYONE, and it certainly should never be treated like a dog should.
10000x this.

people that treat them like dogs are asking to get maimed/killed like the idiots that keep big cats and think they are tamed. if you want something that looks like a wolf and acts like a dog go buy a tamaskan
Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 AM #36
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
10000x this.

people that treat them like dogs are asking to get maimed/killed like the idiots that keep big cats and think they are tamed. if you want something that looks like a wolf and acts like a dog go buy a tamaskan
Thankfully, a few of the 'wolf hybrids' in this thread are in my opinion, completely devoid of wolf at all. It's not uncommon to completely lie about it to trick people. Which is fine in my book- an idiot gets their "wolf dog" without any wolf. :p
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:57 AM #37
StrangeBalla55
bamcis

thanks for sharing

SOG

DEEP SEA
Old 04-23-2012, 11:04 AM #38
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1tanrush View Post
Thankfully, a few of the 'wolf hybrids' in this thread are in my opinion, completely devoid of wolf at all. It's not uncommon to completely lie about it to trick people. Which is fine in my book- an idiot gets their "wolf dog" without any wolf. :p
yea, my family has been breeding dogs and has owned a kennel since the 50's and most of the "wolf dogs" we get into the kennel have little to no wolf blood and it is obvious. the "pure" and hybrids stand out like sore thumbs.

if you want a wolf or wolf-dog look up a tamaskan. no wolf blood but they look exactly like wolves.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:48 PM #39
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeBalla55 View Post
thanks for sharing
Are you mad because I said you don't know the actual content of your "wofldog"? Or are you mad because you feel like my comment of "most of these dogs have zero wolf in them" was directed at you? (It was, yours has no wolf, if it does, its less than >%10 to be visible)

Haters gonna hate, ima tell it like it is.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM #40
StrangeBalla55
bamcis

im not mad at all, but your posting on pbn about all this hybrid stuff is not gonna change the way anyone thinks.

% means **** to me i based the percentage of my dog off the information that was given to me. that the father was bread between a pure bread wolf and a husky and his mother was a pure bread husky.

I love my dog, hybrid, my mut what ever you say. I just dont see the point the thread was designed to show off your best friend.

So lets get this back on track.
boker play with his favorite chew toy

SOG

DEEP SEA

Last edited by StrangeBalla55 : 04-23-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM #41
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeBalla55 View Post
im not mad at all, but your posting on pbn about all this hybrid stuff is not gonna change the way anyone thinks.

% means **** to me i based the percentage of my dog off the information that was given to me. that the father was bread between a pure bread wolf and a husky and his mother was a pure bread husky.

I love my dog, hybrid, my mut what ever you say. I just dont see the point the thread was designed to show off your best friend.

"The father was xyz" Did you ever see the actual grandfather? Not hard for me to go get a husky and a shepard, mix them and claim "don't worry the grandparents are part wolf! I promise!".

It probably won't change the way anyone thinks, because most people are stupid and ignorant and will stick their fingers in their ears going "lalalala" because they hate being wrong.

Hopefully, at least one person reads my posts and thinks twice before buying any dog labeled as a "wolf dog".