Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Mini or Axe? (keep in mind the price difference)
Mini 88 32.96%
Axe 179 67.04%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM #43
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4LT1M0RE88 View Post
I have a Mini with a CP trigger and Empire Relay... and i still have reliability problems. Im actually working on getting an Axe soon. Axe > Mini from personal experience.
Well, that means there's something wrong with your Mini. PM me, I'll see if I can get it fixed up.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:09 PM #44
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

The guy calling the Axe a POS is obviously a 13yr old Tech PB reject, don't feed the troll, folks.

The only thing I would say the Mini has over the Axe is the smaller size (if that's what you prefer), and the fact that since it has a smaller air chamber it may be more efficient somehow. Other than that, The Axe is smoother and more comfortable in the hands due to the larger triggerframe. I can wrap my thumb inside the gripframe and still be able to walk the trigger.

When you consider the fact you'll be paying $90 for a Relay ASA and $100 or so (plus shipping, unless you buy locally) for a new trigger and board, the extra $150 you're spending to get those two things standard on the Axe is well worth it.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:37 PM #45
celica91st

Is it really so hard to unscrew the tank from your gun that you need an on off relay?
celica91st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:42 PM #46
dtpbmasta
F.A.T.E

dtpbmasta supports Pev's Paintball
dtpbmasta plays in the APPA beginner division
dtpbmasta supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by celica91st View Post
Is it really so hard to unscrew the tank from your gun that you need an on off relay?
it can be stubborn on the mini, just get a trinity or ndz on/off for $30

Tippmann TIPX, Lapco Front Block, MRT BK Bolt, Remote Adapter, Hammerhead 8.15" Rifled Barrel, 3 Zeta Mags, 4 Stock Mags.
dtpbmasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM #47
celica91st

I've never had a problem taking it off of my mini
celica91st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:49 PM #48
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by celica91st View Post
I've never had a problem taking it off of my mini
Yeah, I've never had a problem with mine either.

Just make sure you don't cross thread it and you should be fine.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 PM #49
Teahouser
that one guy

It depends whether or not the person already has a mini, and what they're looking for in a marker.

If someone doesn't own either and most of the features on the axe a person could see having to upgrade on the mini, the axe would be the obvious choice. If someone already has an upped mini, then it would probably be a better shooter than a stock axe.

I've shot stock mini's, upped mini's, axe, and upped axe. It all comes down to personal preference. If you have large hands, the mini's grip distance could be a little tight and that person could find the axe much more comfortable. I'm 5'11" with medium sized hands and I found the mini to fit perfect, especially when I was trying to stay in tight. The axe's further apart grips makes the gun feel more stable while firing when compared to the mini.

Trigger wise I prefer HES, always rip on it. Only downside is HES with magnet return tends to bounce like crazy, but my debounce setting on my virtue board takes care of that, and it rips without any bounce.

Out of any axe or mini I've handled, my absolute favourite is an invert mini with Nummech's foregrip extender. That's what I have on my gun, and I love it. It not only extends the foregrip distance to that of a luxe/g6r, but instead of the axe which just lengthened the trigger guard, this adds a gap between the trigger guard and the foregrip. This gap allows you to wrap your hand completely around the front grip, without your hand getting in the trigger guard. It makes the gun super stable, feels the most natural. You have more control while shooting, less recoil, makes it a totally new gun.

Both are awesome guns, and the only person who can decide which is better is the person who's going to buy one for themselves. All I know is that I love my mini, I've customized it to be exactly the gun I want it to be. It is the best shooting gun I've ever shot, can easily compare it to $1000+ guns.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 AM #50
KNOM
MD Shockwave

KNOM plays in the APPA D5 division
KNOM has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KNOM is attending Decay of Nations VI
I had a mini before. Shot an AXE. Within a week, I sold my mini and got myself an Axe. Just sayin'

PAP CITY!
| EMPIRE AXE | VIRTUE SPIRE | EMPIRE REDLINE |
| WARPEDSPORTZ LUCKY 15 BARREL | BOSS BOLT V2 | NINJA 68/4500 |
KNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:13 AM #51
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOM View Post
I had a mini before. Shot an AXE. Within a week, I sold my mini and got myself an Axe. Just sayin'
Yeah, but you have to factor in the price differential.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 PM #52
guitarghost
Mini Elitist

guitarghost plays in the APPA D5 division
guitarghost has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
guitarghost has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think it's funny that people just beat this to death, but if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

Facts of life from ansgear TODAY:
New Stock Mini Price: $325.95
Empire on/off Relay Price: $69.95 (assuming you get the cheaper black one that will still match any gun)
Total Price: $395.90

New Stock Axe Price: $459.95

So there you go, with no bias whatsoever a new axe will cost roughly $64.05 more than a new Mini with an on/off relay. If removing a bolt without a tool and having a bigger gun is worth $64.05 to you then get an axe, otherwise get a mini.

I personally shoot a Mini because it is the only real option for a smaller gun, and luckily there is an excellent aftermarket selection for both of these guns so a player can bring them up to any level they need. Both are great, both are very cost effective, and both will mow faces in the right hands.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 PM #53
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarghost View Post
I think it's funny that people just beat this to death, but if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

Empire on/off Relay Price: $69.95 (assuming you get the cheaper black one that will still match any gun)

So there you go, with no bias whatsoever a new axe will cost roughly $64.05 more than a new Mini with an on/off relay. If removing a bolt without a tool and having a bigger gun is worth $64.05 to you then get an axe, otherwise get a mini.

I personally shoot a Mini because it is the only real option for a smaller gun, and luckily there is an excellent aftermarket selection for both of these guns so a player can bring them up to any level they need. Both are great, both are very cost effective, and both will mow faces in the right hands.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 AM #54
rga topdawg

Axe is way better than the mini hands down no matter how you put it. It is smoother shooting almost no kick ( ^ he obviously doesn't know much about the gun ) and unlike the mini it has a grip for big people, smooth trigger, on/off asa, and the one thing the mini will never have the one button bolt removal and axe is better than mini for big hands and unless your a woman the small bit of extra weight is nothing compared to the cons.
rga topdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 PM #55
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by rga topdawg View Post
axe is better than mini for big hands and unless your a woman the small bit of extra weight is nothing compared to the cons.
Nummech Foregrip Extender fixes this problem.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:30 PM #56
Undertow_2008
Murdertron For Life

Undertow_2008 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Undertow_2008 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
This post is AXEing for trouble...
Ransom #8

Killing for Murdertron
Undertow_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:53 PM #57
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertow_2008 View Post
This post is AXEing for trouble...
hehehe.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 PM #58
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Chrismeisterpmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chrismeisterpmc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarghost

Nicely said
Chris Hale #19
Chrismeisterpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:14 PM #59
afork

The axe is way better. It's like a mini with all the upgrades.
afork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM #60
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Price differential?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 PM #61
dtyrrell
Southern Ontario ballerz

I love my mini, I've spent alot of time and money getting it to the gun it is now, I'll never sell it, but damn is a micro switch nice. In my opinion that's the mini's biggest weakness. no aftermarket trigger for the mini can make it feel as good as a quality, nicely milled, solid micro switch trigger.

some sports make you put your balls in a basket, others over the fence, or a catchers mit. sometimes with a swift stroke,
you whack your balls over great distance to drop them down a hole...

personally, i stuck with the first sport that let me put my balls RIGHT IN YOUR FACE...
dtyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 PM #62
dtyrrell
Southern Ontario ballerz

"Both are awesome guns, and the only person who can decide which is better is the person who's going to buy one for themselves. All I know is that I love my mini, I've customized it to be exactly the gun I want it to be. It is the best shooting gun I've ever shot, can easily compare it to $1000+ guns." -Teahouser

exactly...........

some sports make you put your balls in a basket, others over the fence, or a catchers mit. sometimes with a swift stroke,
you whack your balls over great distance to drop them down a hole...

personally, i stuck with the first sport that let me put my balls RIGHT IN YOUR FACE...
dtyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:44 AM #63
Amphibious Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarghost View Post

This is understood ^, but for me, I'd also have to throw the foregrip extender in there, because I have large hands, so that's another $35.99 plus shipping added to the mini. That leaves me with the Axe costing around 28 bucks more. Is removing the bolt without tools worth $28 dollars to me? Maybe? Is not having to order and wait for my Mini upgrades to come in the mail worth the extra $28? Hell yeah. The Axe is ready for me to use. The Mini is not. I'd rather spend the extra $28 on something that is ready to go and with the easy bolt removal.

I got my Axe for $385, so it was a no brainer for me. I've never shot a Mini, so I'm not going to comment on that. I think it's all personal preference though. I will say that you're going to get a good marker either way. All and all, my vote goes to the Axe.

Last edited by Amphibious Warlord : 05-25-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Amphibious Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote