Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 PM #1
Bigstorm87

Barrel choices to go with APEX 2 tip

Just like the title says, I need some good choices to replace the stock barrel that came with the APEX 2 tip. I took it to a scenario this weekend with my TM15 and I have never seen so much chopped in my life. Not to mention the paint that did make it through was thrown wildly in every direction. The paint seems to be getting chopped as it enters the barrel. It seems that the Flasc is the way to go to take advantage of the internal sound suppression, but will it help with the paint and accuracy? I was looking at getting a J&J with an APEX 2 adapter, but still not sure. What do y'all think?
Bigstorm87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 PM #2
TheEnglishGuy

If it's breaking before the barrel then it's likely an issue with your hopper. What are you using? Also paint breaks aren't usually barrel related unless there's a nicked edge somewhere. Could be the bolt or the pressure you're running at.

However, if you want a new barrel, I'd recommend Flasc SQB for increased sound suppression and accuracy, or the Lapco Assault for another nice barrel. Both work with the Apex1/2.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 PM #3
Bigstorm87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnglishGuy View Post
If it's breaking before the barrel then it's likely an issue with your hopper. What are you using? Also paint breaks aren't usually barrel related unless there's a nicked edge somewhere. Could be the bolt or the pressure you're running at.

However, if you want a new barrel, I'd recommend Flasc SQB for increased sound suppression and accuracy, or the Lapco Assault for another nice barrel. Both work with the Apex1/2.

English
I do not have problems with chopped paint when I use the stock barrel (which I was forced to switch to). My hopper is the Invert Halo Too which has worked extremely well for me. It is programmed for Medium High sound sensitivity and highest BPS. My bolt is a TechT Delrin. Pressure is 200psi. Everything works perfect until I screw in the Apex 2 barrel. I noticed that the threaded end has a very slightly thicker edge then the stock barrel. I'm completely stumped on what to do.

I will look into these barrels. The Lapco Assault is a larger bore barrel isn't it? Are you sure that's a good way to go?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM #4
DuckTape Dude
Layin' down the L.A.W.

DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstorm87 View Post
The Lapco Assault is a larger bore barrel isn't it? Are you sure that's a good way to go?
You could always throw on a TechT iFit kit if you have the extra money and need a tiny bore. The assault is a good barrel and I think you can pick between a .687 or .690 bore.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:51 PM #5
TheEnglishGuy

It's definitely possible that there's something on the barrel itself that's causing the problem, maybe the thickness is causing a problem. I did once have a Flasc barrel that I could show on video caused ball breaks 1 out of 20 shots, compared to other barrels that worked perfectly, it might have been a similar issue. Try contacting Kee/Paintball Solutions, they might just replace the Apex barrel for you.

If you're after improved accuracy, go with a larger bore'd barrel, if you're after improved efficiency and consistency, use a smaller bore'd barrel. Just be careful using the small barrel kits like the iFit, with the TM-15 shell being so long, I tend to find any non-one piece barrel tends to get stuck inside when removing.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 PM #6
Bigstorm87

Hmmm...I'm not sure. I think I would like to have better accuracy, but consistency is a good thing too. Still not sure if I should go with one or the other though, Flask or Lapco. Tough one!

I did have an issue with a J&J that I tried out on my Spyder Electra ACS way back when. The guy let me see how it looked and fit on my gun before I bought it. I took out the bolt and all and could see straight through. The barrel didn't fit snug with the gun and very slightly over lapped. I was afraid paint would be hitting that tiny bit of the barrel and make a mess of thing. I'm wondering if that is happening with my TM.

Ya know, I never thought about calling the tech support. I did that for my solenoid issue and they sent me a new one free. That really shows that they back their products, so why not the APEX? I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do for me.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:54 PM #7
Macdman11
HVF~Honor Valor Fidelity

Macdman11 is playing at Living Legends VI
Macdman11 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Lapco Bigshot Apex Ready it's awesome. I got a 9" one for my TM7 and also run the TechT iFit kit shoots spot on and efficient on air.

PAYPAL VERIFIED!

Proverbs 24:10
Macdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 PM #8
OldDawg
A few degrees off......

I have tried several barrels on my TM15 & TM7 and I like the Lapco BigShot barrels. On my TM15 I am using the 14" lapco BigShot Assault with the medium length Apex adapter to use the Apex2 with it and it shots awesome, great range and grouping of balls. On my TM7 I am using the 8" BigShot apex ready, I cut off about 1/2" of the metal shroud of the Apex2 and also cut off the same amount off the internal of the apex2, Basically the set of o rings. you really can not tell the Apex2 has been cut and the apex2 shroud is up next to the TM7 shells. Its range and grouping also is awesome, better than I expected with an 8" barrel.
OldDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 AM #9
OmegaPhoenix
Respawn in 5...

Lapco Bigshot is probably the best choice IMO, the bore is great and it'll fit through the shroud of a Delta/Delta Elite.
OmegaPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote