Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 AM #1
biggidyo

Huskies

how much does a husky puppy go for? really lonely at my house since my gf is out of state
biggidyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:16 PM #2
JeepRallye08
KCMO

I bought one for $1200 from petland. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. she lived to be 6 months and died from liver failure because the way they breed their dogs. they offered to give me another dog but not pay me back. **** that i dont want another dog, i wanted the dog i got attached too.

"Originally posted by apes4us: :dodgyrun: Yeah, this is shaping up to be the first and last time I post in small talk. Mostly trolls and idiots that think Ebay just gave them a virus. :facepalm:"

"Originally posted by daily_horrors:This should be YOUR sig"
JeepRallye08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:45 PM #3
gi11
im about this life

gi11 plays in the PSP
gi11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gi11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thats what you get for not adopting a dog, you do not buy dogs from puppymills, name brand pet store or not they are puppy mill dogs,

dont shop, Adopt

pound dogs are so much better and loyal

JustPlayPaintball.
n.W.o
New World Order
gi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 AM #4
comom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRallye08 View Post
I bought one for $1200 from petland. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. she lived to be 6 months and died from liver failure because the way they breed their dogs...
Just an FYI- Petland, and other pet stores that sell puppies, do not breed their dogs. They buy them from either puppy mills or brokers who get them from puppy mills/high volume breeders who only care about making money. There is no health testing done on the parents, the puppies are taken away from their mother's too early, and most are unsocialized as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi11 View Post
thats what you get for not adopting a dog, you do not buy dogs from puppymills, name brand pet store or not they are puppy mill dogs,

dont shop, Adopt

pound dogs are so much better and loyal
While I'm all for adopting, and not buying from pet stores or irresponsible breeders, those statements aren't entirely true. Rescue dogs are no healthier than puppy mill bred dogs. Why? Because a good amount of them are either "puppy mill rescues" or were bought from a pet store or irresponsible breeder and then turned into rescue when their owners couldn't deal with them. Don't fall for the "mix breeds are healither than pure breeds" line, either. Dogs are only as healthy as their parents. Our Lab/English Setter mix, who was adopted, had food and flea allergies. He also developed laryngeal paralysis when he got older, but it was age onset as opposed to hereditary.

Bottom line, wether rescue or buy from a breeder, do what works best for you. After our Lab/English setter died (at 15 1/2), we looked at rescues and breeders both.

To the OP- have you done research on Huskies? They aren't exactly an easy breed to keep (I've had two). They can be extremely destructive, and don't always do well with smaller animals. Plus, being how they were bred to run, if given a chance, they will run like there is no tomorrow, and get into trouble while doing it (killing small animals, including cats, chase livestock, etc). I just want to make sure you know what you're getting into. I love Huskies, and hate seeing them "suffer" because people buy them not knowing what they're getting into.
comom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:03 PM #5
gi11
im about this life

gi11 plays in the PSP
gi11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gi11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by comom View Post

To the OP- have you done research on Huskies? They aren't exactly an easy breed to keep (I've had two). They can be extremely destructive, and don't always do well with smaller animals. Plus, being how they were bred to run, if given a chance, they will run like there is no tomorrow, and get into trouble while doing it (killing small animals, including cats, chase livestock, etc). I just want to make sure you know what you're getting into. I love Huskies, and hate seeing them "suffer" because people buy them not knowing what they're getting into. [/color]
he speaks the truth, <3 my husky but he's right

JustPlayPaintball.
n.W.o
New World Order
gi11 is offline   Reply With Quote