Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 PM #1
kenan96

Need some tips on the azodin blitz

So first upgrade i would like is a longer and better barrel not sure the size to get or which barrel. Also if anybody recommends other upgrades to put on it please comment.
Also if anybody has a recommendation for a 30$ mask and a >$45 vest to wear please comment.
kenan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2012, 03:58 AM #2
MrSk8nPaint
Studder

MrSk8nPaint plays in the PSP
MrSk8nPaint plays in the APPA D1 division
Don't spend money to upgrade such a long end marker. Save your money to play and save more for a better gun.
HKArmy
APX
MrSk8nPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:26 PM #3
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

AR15 guy is a Supporting Member
I would get a CP 14" .685 barrel, a nice feedneck, and an on/off. Honestly the blitz isn't a bad gun. Don't feel rushed into a new gun because everyone on this forum tells you too.

If you do the 3 upgrades I mentioned only the feedneck won't carry over to most guns out. The barrel and on/off are pretty much universal anymore.

As for the mask...spend $45 an get a JT spectra off ansgear. They are extremely comfortable and if you want to "upgrade" it you'll be able to turn it into a pro-flex.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM #4
hightowerGDP
Only need one shot!

hightowerGDP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dont get the Azodin on/off asa because they never sent me the grub bolt. And when i emailed them they never got back to me
hightowerGDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:44 AM #5
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

I have had great luck with Azodin customer service. You can get the grub bolt at home depot for under $1. It is 10-32x1/4'' IIRC. A grub bolt is something I have never expected an on/off to come with..
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 PM #6
a Lane Shift

I would get a decent Barrel Kit for it...they are AC threaded, so if you switch guns, you may be able to carry the kit over to the new one down the road.

The one guy suggests an .685 bore barrel, from my tests, the stock is close to that.

I got a J&J Edge Elite kit, 5 backs 76,79, 82, 85, 88. with three fronts. Glad i did, because today the field paint actually had some room to wiggle in the 76...

Clamping feedneck is nice, got me some for $5

ASA On/Off, very nice to have, just make sure it is an easy one to turn. I don't really have issues w/ the Azodin one, it preforms the desired function.

DO NOT (!!!!!!!!) get the "Hush Bolt"...waste of money...but if you feel the need, i could make you a deal...
a Lane Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:27 PM #7
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

I agree on the hush bolt. Mine does fine in my zenith, but fits tight in my blitz. I gain 20fps in the zenith and lose 30fps in the blitz.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 PM #8
Validus28

Get a 20" barrel.
Validus28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 PM #9
hzuiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSk8nPaint View Post
Don't spend money to upgrade such a long end marker. Save your money to play and save more for a better gun.
Talking out of ***.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15 guy View Post
I agree on the hush bolt. Mine does fine in my zenith, but fits tight in my blitz. I gain 20fps in the zenith and lose 30fps in the blitz.
Wwwwwhhhaaatttttttt? I already ordered one, it damn well better be an upgrade or i'm gonna be writing an angry letter to somebody at techt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15 guy View Post
I would get a CP 14" .685 barrel, a nice feedneck, and an on/off. Honestly the blitz isn't a bad gun. Don't feel rushed into a new gun because everyone on this forum tells you too.

If you do the 3 upgrades I mentioned only the feedneck won't carry over to most guns out. The barrel and on/off are pretty much universal anymore.
I completely agree about the barrel, the guys at azodin make parts using universal standards for a reason. If you upgrade the barrel you can use it on any gun you get in the future that is also an AC thread.

I've stated in another thread that i'm buying a used 14" complete freak kit from a friend. If i was spending the money for new I'd get the freak back with the full insert kit, and a deadlywinds carbon fiber whip tip, for a total of about $170, and I think that's about the second best setup that money can buy, and will be a solid barrel for any gun you upgrade to. The stock barrel will work in the meantime though if you have to save up dough for a better barrel.

The feedneck I want to upgrade, but I have no idea how to remove it. Is it threaded in? How hard was it to break loose? I don't have a rubber clamp to put the gun in while trying to pry on something like that.
hzuiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM #10
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

It just unscrews from the body. I was trashing the feedneck anyways so I just used pliers to grab it.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE