PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-17-2012, 01:59 AM #1
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Changing the ignore list.

So, I assume the purpose of the ignore list is so you don't have to be bothered with seeing the posts of certain users. In 7 years on this site I've only added three users to mine either because they're just perpetually trolling or using a forum to stroke their ego so this function may exist and I may be unaware of it.

What I think would be great is if the post disappeared entirely. Instead of saying something like "This message is hidden because ngroat7007 is on your ignore list." why not just show nothing at all so I really have no idea when one of the people on my ignore list has posted? It just seems to not make much sense, if someone annoys you enough that you add them to your ignore list, why would you want to know they posted at all?

Just an idea and I think it would be really useful. Especially in ST and related subforums.
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 AM #2
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
You can still see that they have posted because sometimes a thread might not make sense without knowing there was a missing post. The current way gives you the option of seeing what was missed.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:38 PM #3
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
That makes sense but I think it would probably work better as an option in your settings or something. If someone is annoying enough to be on your ignore list, you probably don't care about anything they have to say so I think a lot more people would use the feature if they could ignore that person entirely.