Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 PM #1
theVicious1
 
 
theVicious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Annual Supporting Member
NME Regulator Problem: not enough pressure

My stock NME reg won't put out more than 200psi(checked with reg tester). My chrono speed suffers greatly. I swapped the reg from my ego and it chronod fine, so it is definitely the hpr that is causing my woes.

The reg seals fine. The pin is perfectly straight. The oring on the plunger looks fine, holds a seal, but is a little loose in its groove(has space to move up and down within the groove). Could that be the source of the problem? Anybody have a similar issue?
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2012, 01:43 PM #2
azathoth300
Dirge
 
azathoth300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Schenectady
 has been a member for 10 years
azathoth300 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Not all but, some regs (including mine) would not function properly if you use a high pressure system. They really like low psi systems.

If you are using a low psi system, sorry for making you read this.
azathoth300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 AM #3
theVicious1
 
 
theVicious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Annual Supporting Member
Seems like the problem was a compressed reg spring. I shimmed the spring a little and got the pressure up, but my nme still couldn't get over 255. Took the ram out, cleaned it, then lubed it up. Shot a few over the chrono and got 294, 294, 288. Won't know for sure till I hit the field, but it seems fixed.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:10 PM #4
theVicious1
 
 
theVicious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Annual Supporting Member
My pressures were running high, hpr at 280 and lpr at 110, and it should be lower than that. I broke down the lpr and poppet assembly, relubed, and reassembled. That didn't help much/at all. It needed it though, the grease in there had passed its prime.

Then I started working the dwell up. I've got a virtue board and had it set to 7, which I thought meant 7ms for a virtue, and should be the dwell for an nme. That increased the velocity significantly. I'm now running 9ms and was able to lower the lpr to just under 100psi.

It's a fairly new NME and has no breach wear, so maybe it needs to break in. I'm going to put 10 cases through it and see if I can drop the pressures after that, because I'm still running a bit too high in both the lpr and hpr. I'll also try changing the ram orings if it doesn't improve.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump