I'm going into the 9th grade and really want to start a paintball team for my school. Where I live though, not many people play paintball. There are some kids that already have a paintball "team" but they have their "tournaments" in their back yard so it isn't much. I have some questions so if anyone can answer them it would be appreciated.
1) How should I talk my school into letting me start a school paintball team?
2) When do the ncpa tournaments start? I live in a town where almost everyone eats, sleeps, and breaths football so if it's during football season I don't think as many people would be interested.
3) To get people to join, should I just ask people or do something like put flyers up around the school?
4) I think only 5 people can be on the team and the games are 3 vs. 3 (correct me if I'm wrong). Also, each team only gets 600 paintballs each game (again, correct me if I'm wrong).
5) Does the team have to have a coach? My dad said he would be the coach if we needed one.
6) How high threat are the tournaments? Probably 90% of my school has never played paintball before so I don't want to get out there and everyone be shooting a ego with a brand new rotor.
7) When should I start getting a team together and practicing? And how often should we practice? I live in a lower income town and the first good paintball field around is about 30 minutes away and I don't get my license for 2 more years so it's not like we can go play whenever we want. I was thinking about trying to practice at least once a month.
I know, it's a lot of questions
but if anyone can answer them for me it would be appreciated