Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-13-2012, 09:30 PM #64
cadenet1

has been a member for 10 years
cadenet1 donated to help Peyton Trent
cadenet1 supports our troops
cadenet1 is a Forum Captain
Thank you for all of the support / feedback and please keep it coming. It’s important to me that the paintball community gets a chance to share its views on what data is most interesting to the community. I’m very proud to have been involved in both the design and execution of the 2012 stats program, the scale that was proposed last year by the visionaries involved is truly epic in scope. PBA, Stats, Overhauled Webcast, these are just the sparks to this proposed forest fire.

You guys are in for a treat… Hold on.

PaintballAccess.com

Your questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ or Ask a Mod
cadenet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2012, 09:32 PM #65
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
i heard rumors of a potential fantasy paintball online from this, anyone know more about this?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM #66
XRayCat7055
Kews is Mixin Ur Choonz

XRayCat7055 supports Cereal Killerz 2
XRayCat7055 plays in the APPA beginner division
XRayCat7055 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
XRayCat7055 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Awesome
XRayCat7055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:28 PM #67
jgill07

jgill07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jgill07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
i heard rumors of a potential fantasy paintball online from this, anyone know more about this?
yes, the guys from pba have indicated that they are in the process of setting that up, and the dude from "egoballas" hinted in a more roundabout way the same thing. Given how polished pba has been with rolling things out so far, I expect that it will be the place to go for stats and fantasy action.
jgill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM #68
cab0053

and now, you will announce trading cards ::jedimindtrick::

but really, trading cards, please. I will buy them all.
cab0053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:50 PM #69
roccityhustle#7

wow... I never thought that any league in the paintball world would be making these huge moves....

Well since we are talking about some ideas for the future I would DEFINITELY suggest an iPhone & Android app that has the live scores and maybe a live feed to the webcast. That would DEFINITELY increase viewers since it would be so easy to interact with PBA.

Barrie Chop Shop '09
Hustle '07, '08, '09
roccityhustle#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:10 PM #70
jgill07

where are the psp chicago stats? Matty suggested during the broadcast they would be up "later this week[the week of June 25]." Is pba still even doing stats?
Thx to the generous support of CC Paintball, the RPL, Camp Pendleton Paintball Park
https://www.facebook.com/SoCalStealth
Old 07-09-2012, 02:01 PM #71
nickgibson87
I smell virgin

nickgibson87 plays in the PSP
nickgibson87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nickgibson87 plays in the APPA D4 division
nickgibson87 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im also curious about the stats.
nickgibson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:39 PM #72
asaini94

deffintly cool but deff not accurate
asaini94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:11 PM #73
jgill07

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaini94 View Post
Are you talking about the psp chicago stats? I dont think they are up yet.
Thx to the generous support of CC Paintball, the RPL, Camp Pendleton Paintball Park
Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 AM #74
nickgibson87
I smell virgin

nickgibson87 plays in the PSP
nickgibson87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nickgibson87 plays in the APPA D4 division
nickgibson87 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaini94 View Post
How?
nickgibson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:32 PM #75
mattyho

Annual Supporting Member
mattyho is a Supporting Member
mattyho is a Professional paintball player
Chicago Stats

Hey everyone,
The stats should be ready any day now, our stat guys have been in the lab making sure they're as accurate as physically possible. This is big step for paintball so we're making sure it's done right. Spread the word about the next webcast Aug 10th-12th. It's been a crazy year so far, and there are a bunch of teams in the hunt for a win. It's anyone's year at this point.
mattyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:38 PM #76
jgill07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyho View Post
Hey everyone,
The stats should be ready any day now, our stat guys have been in the lab making sure they're as accurate as physically possible. This is big step for paintball so we're making sure it's done right. Spread the word about the next webcast Aug 10th-12th. It's been a crazy year so far, and there are a bunch of teams in the hunt for a win. It's anyone's year at this point.
Thanks Matty! Thats great to hear, as it is a big step for paintball, and I think the stats have been incrementally attracting more interest to the sport than previously. I truly believe the stats have helped boil the sport down into more manageable understandable chunks for the average person, and especially for people familiar with stats in other sports, but not necessarily familiar with paintball. So I think the intended goal is being achieved, and I think continued accuracy is important, but I also think timeliness is too. I think we miss a lot of the intended group of people if the stats come out too long after events, as interest in prior events wanes pretty quickly and gives way to anticipation for other future events.

Maybe a way to combat that is to come out with preliminary estimate of one stat soon after an event, such as the preliminary PSP Chicago G-rating leader, or estimated G-leader, or something like that with a disclaimer that the footage and records will need to be analyzed further for confirmation, etc? That way we get some info quickly, and look forward to the follow-up info confirming the initial preliminary data on the one stat (G-leader, G-rating leader, or whatever it may be) AND we continue to look forward to the rest of the stats as well, perhaps with a little more patience since we were thrown a bone soon after the event with the unofficial/preliminary stat chosen (G-rating leader, etc., or whatever it is).

Just some thoughts to potentially improve upon an already great idea that has been implemented quite impressively so far in the initial debut of paintball stats and maybe get it out to a larger group of people. Thanks again to you and the staff of spotters and number-crunchers for the great work.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.