Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-30-2012, 09:08 PM #106
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Hmmmh, guess not everybody finds mechanical work therapeutic. Whenever I'm anxious or stressed or bored I work on my bike and feel way better. That's partially why I built my bike from scratch, it's too much fun not to.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2012, 10:17 AM #107
hopelessandsic
mynameissprinkle

has been a member for 10 years
Part of the reason i love my bikes is because i've done everything to them at this point. Polo bike is all my handiwork, short of building the wheels (believe me, that's the next thing i learn, otherwise i'm having my soon to be ubi bro hook me up). Mountain bike is new learning process what with hydraulics and suspension. Cross bike is simple geared bike.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM #108
outkast kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelessandsic View Post
Part of the reason i love my bikes is because i've done everything to them at this point. Polo bike is all my handiwork, short of building the wheels (believe me, that's the next thing i learn, otherwise i'm having my soon to be ubi bro hook me up). Mountain bike is new learning process what with hydraulics and suspension. Cross bike is simple geared bike.
Same, I even stripped, modified, cold set and repainted my frameset on my own.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:12 AM #109
hopelessandsic
mynameissprinkle

I've sanded and painted current fork on polo bike as seen above. Not the best, but i like the color, so whatever.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:12 PM #110
N3RVE25
Divers do it deeper

N3RVE25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Racing track this weekend. Cannot wait, it's been too long.

Planning on running a 52x15 for the first time. It'll be nice to be spinning less and be able to put some actual power down

"Originally posted by za1e: simple detective work can be very helpfull when ****ing someones **** up via smalltalk."
"Originally posted by youknowit546: I don't care what you call him but you must get him a cape. Frogs ****ing love capes."

VIVA LA TITSMANIA!!!
N3RVE25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:30 PM #111
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
Remember when you are running a bigger gear it is that much more important to stay up so you don't keep getting gapped over and over again. When it slows down it is always better to move up and stack along the rail than just line up at the back on the pole.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 PM #112
N3RVE25
Divers do it deeper

Thanks for the tip man. I had the opposite problem happening a lot last year. I'd close up a gap and get too close (due to spinning at a faster rhythm than the guy ahead) so I'd have to back off/ride up track to keep in the race. Started to wear me down after a while.

It appears that it's going to be lots of scratch races this weekend, a few miss-and-outs and MAYBE a flying 200. Though I'm not entirely sure yet.

"Originally posted by za1e: simple detective work can be very helpfull when ****ing someones **** up via smalltalk."
"Originally posted by youknowit546: I don't care what you call him but you must get him a cape. Frogs ****ing love capes."

VIVA LA TITSMANIA!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:16 PM #113
pbkid777
Move Freely

pbkid777 helped look for balloons
Any tips when to know that you are too stretched out? I have been lowering my stack height and don't want to be too stretched out and loose power.
Philippians 4:13

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”-Gail Devers
pbkid777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 AM #114
rdm3000
Slightly Removed

rdm3000 is a Supporting Member
went to ride this morning to see that one of my room mates moved my bike and broke one of my clip in pedals. Now I have to get new ones. ****ing pissed and I know none of them will admit to doing it, that is if they even remember doing it. Sucks working all night and coming home in the morning to your bike being broken.

follow me on instagram @mrryanmckee
rdm3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:12 PM #115
outkast kid

How do you break a pedal by moving the bike? They take the weight of the rider plus all that torque, something doesn't gel.

Solution: **** in their beds until someone confesses. I promise it won't take long, nobody wants **** in their bed.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:56 AM #116
N3RVE25
Divers do it deeper

So the sprint weekend went really well (despite the fact that I forgot I don't have any extra links of chain so I couldn't run anything more than a 48x15, D'oh!). I learned a ton about matched sprints and flying 200's. The guy that ran the clinic (Kirk Whiteman, if you know who that is Berserker) was saying that I'm very smooth on the track and that my form is really good. I do need to work on sticking to my line on the flying 200 more, but that comes with practice. Also getting comfortable standing out of the saddle sprinting up at the rail is something I need to work on a bit too.

Going off of their comments/suggestions/adjustments for the day I got much faster and did much better than I was doing before. I think I'm definitely going to invest in a coach for the track though

VIVA LA TITSMANIA!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:54 AM #117
rdm3000
Slightly Removed

rdm3000 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid
How do you break a pedal by moving the bike? They take the weight of the rider plus all that torque, something doesn't gel.

Solution: **** in their beds until someone confesses. I promise it won't take long, nobody wants **** in their bed.
I tried talking to them today and they all say they were not here. **** em. Anyways anyone have any recommendations for what I should get? I don't think I want clip ins anymore because I use my bike as a replacement for a car and I feel like 99% of the time in wearing normal shoes.

follow me on instagram @mrryanmckee
rdm3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:15 AM #118
hopelessandsic
mynameissprinkle

bmx flat pedals and some hold fast straps for normal shoe wearing.

Rode all my bikes this weekend. 2 morning mtb rides. 2 afternoons of polo and 1 night of drinking with the cross bike.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 AM #119
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
Yea I know who Kirk is... I thought he raced out of alpenrose though? He is a solid sprinter, he's done well at nationals before.
If you don't want to switch chains (I never do) you can run a 49x14 or 15 to the same effect. But you are probably fine starting on the smaller gear IMO. When I start sprint training for the year I alternate maxing out my cadence in a small gear trying to stay smooth, and max speed efforts with a huge gear. I'll do 6 of one and 6 of the other, all as flying 200s.

Last edited by berserker19 : 04-09-2012 at 08:54 AM.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:27 AM #120
Deathmoney07

Deathmoney07 plays in the PSP
Deathmoney07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Deathmoney07 supports our troops
2011 Trek 1.2 Alpha

I'm thinking of buying it off craiglist for 600$. it's only got 20 miles on it(that's what he says). bike looks brand new...I'm a beginner, been slacking off about getting a bike, finally going to get one. Is this a good bike or should I look elsewhere? I'm not looking to get into racing, or anything super serious, just weekend joy rides and minor commuting around DC and such. Thanks for any help.
Deathmoney07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:25 AM #121
starscream0
A hero aint nothing but a

Offer him $450 and try and meet at $500-550 with him.
I think they're nice bikes. I ride a 2010 Trek 2.1 and am very happy with it.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:56 AM #122
N3RVE25
Divers do it deeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
Yea I know who Kirk is... I thought he raced out of alpenrose though? He is a solid sprinter, he's done well at nationals before.
If you don't want to switch chains (I never do) you can run a 49x14 or 15 to the same effect. But you are probably fine starting on the smaller gear IMO. When I start sprint training for the year I alternate maxing out my cadence in a small gear trying to stay smooth, and max speed efforts with a huge gear. I'll do 6 of one and 6 of the other, all as flying 200s.
Yeah, he is. Guess he just comes down occasionally for clinics. That's a good idea, as I don't have much extra room to play with for gearing. I don't mind shelling out for extra quality chains so i don't have to worry about adding/removing links.

Don't get to go back on the track until may 18th. feelsbadman

VIVA LA TITSMANIA!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM #123
outkast kid

Trek makes great bikes, they won't let you down.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:26 PM #124
pbkid777
Move Freely

pbkid777 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
Trek makes great bikes, they won't let you down.
I really hope you're kidding.
Philippians 4:13

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”-Gail Devers
pbkid777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 PM #125
N3RVE25
Divers do it deeper

oh shut it, for what it's being used for it'll be a great bike. Don't be such a bike snob, dude.

VIVA LA TITSMANIA!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:16 PM #126
starscream0
A hero aint nothing but a

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3RVE25
oh shut it, for what it's being used for it'll be a great bike. Don't be such a bike snob, dude.