Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 PM #1
Unlucky_Irish

bails/renigs what a frustration.

First off if this is in the wrong spot just politely inform me its paintball/pbn related but kinda not as well.

On to the topic. Lately of all things possible, paintball has become an ever growing presence in my mind. I have always loved the sport, second only to my love of playing hockey, but recently its consumed me. All day at work, at night at home, all I think about is what can I do to my setup, what do I want to try, what custom work or custom project can I do, whats something new I can put out, what deals are on PBN, but the one that has been getting me is, how are my deals/messages going.

I'll mull over my offers, offers I've proposed, what can I change to make my items sell more quickly or my offers to go through etc etc to find out (and not just here) they're ignored entirely, not replied to, or someone backs out/bails/renigs without so much as a simple PM or email. Its not the backing out that bothers me, things happen be it you can't spend that cash all of a sudden, found a better deal or the same thing but in the right color, decided you'd rather not sell, or maybe got a better offer. Its the not telling me that has been driving me insane. I know I'll read a pm on break at work, mull it over all day and respond that day or the next but I respond and unless you know exactly what you wanna say or do, one should always think.

However, we all know you can get PM receipts and check last activity. A simple polite no thank you to an offer or an inquiry isn't that hard or too much to ask is it? Or after negotiating and one decides to back out a simple hey I changed my mind (for whatever reason) heck you don't even have to give a reason unless you'd like to which is always better than a bs one. Is it that hard to say no thanks or I changed my mind with a quick simple PM or email? Ive had a few like in my airsoft sales, a guy asked me a bunch of questions and I took a half hour or a lil more to find as much info as possible for him as I don't airsoft and wanted to A make sure it was right B was everything to help him decide. Afterwards he politely said thank you but it wasn't exactly what he was looking for. Should he come back I'd deal with him in a heartbeat (plus I also found out alot) now if he came back a month later unless I was really hurting, sorry I wouldn't consider him a serious buyer because of disappearing.

Now maybe its because heys its the internet or some people just have different values or POVs on the subject, maybe I just needed to rant but is being polite really too much to ask? Of all sports Ive played, had some experience with, or heard of, none is close to paintball and its players. Not many other sports do people who have no idea who each other are take the field together and play, sharing stories, tips, tricks, helping newbies, GETTING MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY! etc etc Why the friday before easter I was at Paintball Explosion (phenomenal staff) and the gun tech was hugely overwhelmed that day. He's always busy and does a great job but that many people no way. So my buddies and I did what every other experienced baller did when we first started oh so long ago. We helped. Nothing intense but got the quick easy ones out of the way. Paintball is such an odd diverse group of people yet for the most part, some of the most congenial and outgoing folks. Ive seen 14 yr olds (yes with parent bought guns) help older newer guys and Ive seen alot older guys even let younger ones try their markers to see the differences and see what they can works towards.

I guess all in all, I love paintball and its group of fellow addicts, but adding just that little extra oomph in politeness. Sometimes I wish there was a feedback thread not for deals but just conversing with/negotiating. Like hey so and so was quick responsive polite but something came up I couldnt spend or negotiated with blank about blank for a few days, polite just couldn't find a trade we agreed on. Imagine something like that, all the people who don't sell often or hunt around for the right buy or sale but with little feedback? Guess that belongs more in the suggestion thread. I hope this has been all in the right spot and no one flames me too hard for this little rant And for anyone interested Ill be at CPX this weekend for a private feel free to join (friends mom won it in a silent auction) PBN users and friends are welcome just PM before sat morning.
Unlucky_Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 PM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
So, basically, if someone sends you a PM they should know that you expect them to buy whatever they are inquiring about regardless of the answer they get from you?
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 PM #3
Unlucky_Irish

Thats not even close to what I said. Its the backing out whether Im selling or buying and just vanishing instead of simply PMing that hey you're not interested or can't or what not. Why would I expect that someone must buy something if they PM me? If they dont they dont or they do they do, its just the courtesy after speaking with someone whether you're the buyer or seller and then vanishing. Im not talking a PM like hey does it have this or would you take this. Im talking seriously discussing a sale or trade then disappearing. Imagine going to buy a car and half way through the salesman just disappears and never comes back. You want the car, you were willing to buy the car and was closing the deal and gone. Then if he comes back say 2 weeks later you really going to trust him to buy that car from? More so since on here shipping is involved, there's scammers, and items might not be as described. Just a simple hey sorry dont want to do _____ anymore kinda message. Everyone on here has had deals where it looks like its gonna happen, heck prices and shipping agreed on then nothing. Its that that I find annoying. Im willing to give you my money for your item or vice versa, at least let me know you decided (even after finding agreeable terms, doesn't bother me) you changed your mind. Things happen or you find something else, but it'd be nice to know you changed your mind.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 PM #4
Unlucky_Irish

Maybe the title/topic was a bit misleading and maybe if people don't read it all they might get the wrong idea but that was not what I was intending to get across
Old 04-13-2012, 09:26 AM #5
DevilMayCare
Ultra-Violent

DevilMayCare is a Supporting Member
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
tl;dr

"I will rule with an Iron fist and weed out the people not worthy" -kai83

DevilMayCare's Feedback
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:28 AM #6
spyderman35
Loves Ego's

spyderman35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spyderman35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
hahaha paper cut likes to over simplify and "poke the bear" so to speak. i get what your saying

i was looking for a pump gun earlier this month. i was pming lots of people and i noticed that one guy just never read my pm and was still active. then about last week i put up an ad looking for a wii and that same guy pm'd me! i was like wtf i cant really take you serious because last time you just stopped responding so i dont know why? was i asking to many questions when you were trying to scam? not saying everyone that backs out or dont respond is a theif just saying they could be but i would never know because they didnt respond

valid frustration imo
XSV Fan #6
Chico State Paintball Club
Gearbag Sale!
spyderman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:35 AM #7
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
B/S/T is a nightmare of almost Craigslist proportions. I highly suggest you just go with it. You will get frustrated. Angry. Despondent. Don't try to fight it. Now I'm a different story. When I go looking for items in B/S/T I prepare by making alliances, sharpening my battle ax, and whispering to myself, "Winter is coming. Winter is coming."
Old 04-13-2012, 12:55 PM #8
spyderman35
Loves Ego's

spyderman35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spyderman35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
B/S/T is a nightmare of almost Craigslist proportions. I highly suggest you just go with it. You will get frustrated. Angry. Despondent. Don't try to fight it. Now I'm a different story. When I go looking for items in B/S/T I prepare by making alliances, sharpening my battle ax, and whispering to myself, "Winter is coming. Winter is coming."

ahahahahahahahaha winter is coming
XSV Fan #6
Chico State Paintball Club
Gearbag Sale!
spyderman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:28 PM #9
Unlucky_Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman35 View Post
hahaha paper cut likes to over simplify and "poke the bear" so to speak. i get what your saying

i was looking for a pump gun earlier this month. i was pming lots of people and i noticed that one guy just never read my pm and was still active. then about last week i put up an ad looking for a wii and that same guy pm'd me! i was like wtf i cant really take you serious because last time you just stopped responding so i dont know why? was i asking to many questions when you were trying to scam? not saying everyone that backs out or dont respond is a theif just saying they could be but i would never know because they didnt respond

valid frustration imo
Glad someone understood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
Made me laugh so frakkin hard
Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 PM #10
kyotkyotkyot

Its "reneg" Short for renegotiate. Not renig.
kyotkyotkyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM #11
Unlucky_Irish

Ya I know. Was doing multiple things when I started to type it all and had to come back. Wasn't paying attention and wasn't worth fixing it for a rant/thread thats not very active anyways
Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 PM #12
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
TLDR,

if *****es in BST make an offer,
they shouldnt forget about the offer in 5 seconds.
if *****es no longer interest they need to inform the other party.

BST spam/offers need to realize that they are dealing with a person. not an entity.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote