Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 PM #22
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
OLD_B4LL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OLD_B4LL3R has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R supports DLX Technology
It looks that way to me, but not 100%.... but I am pretty sure.

Zodiac ZR-1 Black/Green = Ninja 550psi Reg'd Crossfire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Ego10 DigiCam Midnight (Virtue OLED) = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Geo2 Midnight = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
Dye DM9 Champagne (Pooty51 Polished Bolt / Virtue OLED) = Ninja Reg'd CrossFire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
My YouTube . . BattleField Orlando
OLD_B4LL3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM #23
deezon80

deezon80 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
deezon80 supports DLX Technology
Well I looked at the VX manual and I have the GT manual. On both it says the Solenoid part is 5V 1W. So that means they're the same right. Can someone please confirm?
deezon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 PM #24
Krazy8
User Defined

has been a member for 10 years
We were told it was the same but I have yet to have both guns in hand to test.

Krazy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 PM #25
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I had similar issues with the gun cycling properly after I chrono'd the first time at my first practice with the GT

I chrono'd to 280, then if I let the gun sit it would be down to around 100fps no matter how many shots I fired. I just kept cranking it up a little and re-chrono'd to 280 and after a short while it got to the point where once the velocity dipped back down, I could fire off a string of shots and they would gradually get faster and faster all the way up to where I chrono'd.

After about 1000-1500 shots through the gun, the problem went away, and I just assumed the reg needed a little break-in. It seems some people are going to have the gun get to the point where it won't even cycle, and some (like me) are going to have the velocity drop but the gun still cycle enough to fire the ball out.

I have put a few cases through it now, and have had ZERO problems once I crossed the break-in period.

So my advice is this...if your gun shoots, then all of a sudden won't...just turn up the reg a little each time and continue to do this until it's worked in.

Boomer mentioned he had a similar experience to mine. It would be nice if this type of thing was disclosed in the manual or something, but I suppose I just figured...gun is shooting slow, turn it up, and based on that theory finally worked it in.

I don't believe this is a problem, it's just a break-in period.
Did you mean that if you left your GT for a while after chroning and airing it up, your bolt wouldn't cycle?

I just tried to simulate what you described: air it up, shoot, leave it alone for a while and finally shoot it again. I didn't encounter what you describe and I barely shot half a case through mines, maybe even less. Maybe I'm just lucky but I did have that asa issue a while back (but so far no problems).

Just want to make sure if this is also an issue w/ my GT. Also do you know if there suppose to be any liquid on the screw that connects the hpr to the frame?
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:56 PM #26
Mark S.
CHOWDAH

Mark S. works for a Paintball manufacturer
Mark S. plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
Did you mean that if you left your GT for a while after chroning and airing it up, your bolt wouldn't cycle?

I just tried to simulate what you described: air it up, shoot, leave it alone for a while and finally shoot it again. I didn't encounter what you describe and I barely shot half a case through mines, maybe even less. Maybe I'm just lucky but I did have that asa issue a while back (but so far no problems).

Just want to make sure if this is also an issue w/ my GT. Also do you know if there suppose to be any liquid on the screw that connects the hpr to the frame?
If I left my GT for a little while (3-5 minutes) after setting it to 280, it would cycle, but it wouldn't shoot 280 that's for sure. I checked a few times during the times it would do this and it typically was in the low 100's, so I just turned it up a little more to get it back to 280, and just repeated this procedure until it had broken in and kept consistent velocity. I could tell as I did this that it was getting a little bit better each time I had to readjust it. The gun literally was right out of the box, save for the short shooting video I put up right when I got it where I fired about 100 shots through it.

I'm guessing that there will be people on both sides of the spectrum. People on one side of it may experience it where the bolt may not even cycle, and some people may not experience the problem at all.

Maybe it has to do with how much lube is on the reg, or a # of other factors...but whatever the case was with mine in particular, after about 1000-1500 shots through the gun, it seemed to have broken in and has been absolutely perfect since then without any issues.

The more I have shot it the better the consistency has seemed to be getting too. I've only used some relatively crappy practice paint though, so I can't wait to see how it works with Evil at this weekend's tourny!
Mark S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:04 AM #27
burnt rose
The Real Daredevil

burnt rose plays in the PSP
burnt rose owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
burnt rose supports Bob Gurnsey
burnt rose plays in the APPA D3 division
I don't have mine yet, but from previous Macdev experience,the lube on the bolt is excessive. I can only imagine that the regulator is a similar situation. If there is excess lube in the regulator, that seems it could be the issue.
I will have to comment after I get and use mine. Hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow. Scenario tomorrow and xball on sunday, so if it comes in today, it's going to see 5+ cases.
I'll let everybody know.
burnt rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:14 AM #28
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.

insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I love Macdev...always have always will. However, my guess is that this issue is caused by the excessve - crazy caked on factory lube job MD has been doing at the factory.

I have never understood this. Its a well known MD guns work best with very thin/light coat of lube.

The excessive lube could get blown into the noid causing the spool to stick. This would cause the issues reported here.

I dont have a GT yet, but when i get mine I plan on removing ALL factory lube before I shoot it.
Empire Dfender
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:38 AM #29
_slash_1
yup, im "that" one....

_slash_1 plays in the USPL
_slash_1 plays in the PSP
_slash_1 posts videos on PbNation
i had similar issues. Make sure your grease is SUPPPPER thin, and your battery is new. My gun wont fire when the battery indicator reads 60% or less. (might be because i have an NPPL chip in my gun)
_slash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 AM #30
burnt rose
The Real Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
I love Macdev...always have always will. However, my guess is that this issue is caused by the excessve - crazy caked on factory lube job MD has been doing at the factory.

I have never understood this. Its a well known MD guns work best with very thin/light coat of lube.

The excessive lube could get blown into the noid causing the spool to stick. This would cause the issues reported here.

I dont have a GT yet, but when i get mine I plan on removing ALL factory lube before I shoot it.
Yep. Exactly. Lube on the he reg could be clogging holes leading in to the gun, causing shootdown. Think of it as a similar concept when your tank isn't screwed on all the way. The air flow isn't all there.
That's how I see the problem... But again I don't have mine yet.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:02 AM #31
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
Hmmm having removed the Reg, I didn't see any case of that in mine. (clogs) The lube inside the reg was actually pretty decent. Not too much not too little. The screen was nice and clear. Now the bolt was thick with lube, and all packed in (pooled up), where the marker was obviously test fired at the factory.
I also removed the Drive Train, and introduced air into the system, and it rushed through the breach. (now maybe, some of the lube got into the manifold?) but it was clearly blown out buy airing it up without the drive in.
Honestly I think it was the regulator and a break in period or something, cause just like Mark S. has said, once I adjusted the reg to velocity, I've had no issues. I've now gotten 4000 cycles through and so far so good. It was just that first few 200rds that were a little funky.

I dunno 100% what it was, I'm just glad that cycling the marker makes it better.

Dye DM9 Champagne (Pooty51 Polished Bolt / Virtue OLED) = Ninja Reg'd CrossFire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
Old 04-13-2012, 11:29 AM #32
blame it on god
Rotten to the core

blame it on god has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post

There was a post somewhere from James and he said the over lubing was intentional.

But I do believe you are correct about it being the cause of these issues.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 PM #33
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blame it on god View Post
There was a post somewhere from James and he said the over lubing was intentional.

But I do believe you are correct about it being the cause of these issues.
Here's the quote and the link for post #503 from James in the "New Clone GT" thread:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...747212&page=24

i have said this more times than i care to remember! initial lube requires excess, after this a thin layer takes to the parts and a small smear is all that is needed. we suggest cycling the gun first and then cleaning down and re lubing if you want.

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:49 PM #34
burnt rose
The Real Daredevil

Just got mine in, and I cycled two tanks of air without detents. Noticed the dropoff towards the end.
Adjusted the Reg and it appeared to shoot better. We'll see how it goes tomorrow!!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:05 PM #35
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
So - I was going to buy allot of spare parts for the GT today, Bourke has confirmed to me (before I bought)... The Clone Solenoid and the GT Solenoid are indeed different. I asked about the Regulator screen as well, and they too are different.
Reg seat same, and detents are the same.

Hope this helps everyone incase you were wondering.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:55 PM #36
(thc)GunSmoke
I Fight For MACDEV

macdev builds their own noid in the GT

the vx uses a humphery noid

(thc)GunSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 AM #37
Sasuke Sarutobi

Sasuke Sarutobi owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Sasuke Sarutobi owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sasuke Sarutobi owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
My friend works for Macdev and he says there's an issue for some of the guns in the first batch with a pinched O-ring in the solenoid. He didn't elaborate on how to fix it but apparently it's not a big problem and has already been rectified for the next batches.
PE Dynasty Geo 2.1 (Dynasty Print)
PE CSL (Silver/Gold)
BL MVP (Lime/Black)
BL G6R
Dye Mike Paxson LT 2011 NT
Sasuke Sarutobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:55 PM #38
ShbbY007

Quote:
Originally Posted by (thc)GunSmoke View Post
macdev builds their own noid in the GT

the vx uses a humphery noid

good to kno gunsmoke
ShbbY007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:02 PM #39
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
guys please please please shoot the gun with the factory lube before pulling it down to re lube.

excessive lube does not effect the reg, there are big holes through the o-ring retainer and a 3.5mm hole through the reg piston that can in NO WAY get clogged by lube. there is plenty of flow through the DT ports to allow for this as well.

you will see excessive lube on the end of the DT when you pull it out and that is due to it being pushed to the end of the bore upon initial installation, nothing to worry about besides some possible over flow to the breach area.

freshly anodised parts need what you call excessive lube, not enough will cause dry patches which can cause problems.

i cant stress enough to shoot the guns for a while with factory lube (at least 2000 shots) and then lube with our suggested lube. there are a lot of small seals in solenoids that can be effected by other lubes. there are not only the o-rings you have access too that have to be taken into consideration.
James@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 PM #40
TwistedNerv
Fox Squad Paintball

TwistedNerv is playing at Living Legends VII
TwistedNerv owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TwistedNerv owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TwistedNerv is for the Gunfight
TwistedNerv is for the Gunfight
I think there needs to be a sticky of "what you should do when you get a new GT". Step 1-w/ detents removed dry fire a full tank. Step 2 - ?. Step 3 - melt faces

Last edited by TwistedNerv : 04-14-2012 at 10:44 PM.
TwistedNerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 PM #41
rukux

rukux owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rukux has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
my GT was working perfectly fine with the excessive lube, fired about 500 shots and dry fired it a little.. but now it caused me some problem when i clean off the factory lube and put a thin coat.. user error =/
rukux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:25 AM #42
burnt rose
The Real Daredevil

Here was my first day of play with my brand new GT.
I removed the detents and shot 2 full 68/45s through it. Re-installed the detents, and put a tank back on.
ASA O-ring blew out on me.
Replaced the ASA O-ring and went to the chrono station with a few pods and whatnot.
First shot was at 260, great!!! fired a few more, around 260-270, new gun, no worries.
Well.... Then I fired a stream, I got about 5 seconds in, and it drops off to nothing, barely leaving the barrel (was using the Shift kit with a .685 insert.
I upped the pressure as some have said, fixed the issue, HOWEVER, I could not get the consistent stream to shoot under 320fps, (Not Field safe)
I tried everything that I could think of, and so did my team tech.
We tried: Upping the dwell, changing tanks, changing brands of tanks, changing output pressure on tanks, pressure changes.
Then we removed the stock lube, because obviously something wasn't working. Replaced it with Macdev Militia provided. Laid it on in a normal amount, not too much, not too little. No go...

I don't know where else to go at this point, it seems very strange that my brand new gun is for some reason starving for air? I have an xball practice today, and I am going to shoot another tank or two through it without the detents, but if it doesn't work after that, I am getting in touch with Macdev support right now to see what they suggest.

I don't know about everybody else, but here is how my drop off works:
285,280,289, doesn't leave barrel, doesn't leave barrel, etc. etc.
Sometimes it won't even move the paintball, and I will get an Eye logic error, a "?" will appear.

Extremely frustrated.......

Last edited by burnt rose : 04-15-2012 at 06:29 AM.