Old 04-12-2012, 08:22 PM #1
talisman

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
talisman owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
talisman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
talisman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
talisman supports DLX Technology
Advice needed: Virtue Rotor Board and other rotor ups?

I see a lot of peeps with upgraded rotors, what upgrades are worth doing?

Virtue Board? Benefits?
Virtue Soft Arm? Benefits?
Others?

Thanks,
Jayson

btw, I tried searching and got 20 pages of people selling them, just no explanations and personal experience posts.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM #2
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
I see a lot of peeps with upgraded rotors, what upgrades are worth doing?

Virtue Board? Benefits?
Virtue Soft Arm? Benefits?
Others?

Thanks,
Jayson

btw, I tried searching and got 20 pages of people selling them, just no explanations and personal experience posts.
Funny that you ask because a few months ago I did this very search and asked the various manufacturers a lot of detailed questions about their products and so I have some insight into this very subject.

Virtue board for your rotor...waste of money! First off you need a virtue board in your gun and then you need RF modules in the gun and rotor and then the virtue rotor board. Then the dejam feature ONLY works if you are using the rotor on your gun that has the virtue board. On anything else it acts like a stock rotor. IMHO...massive waste of money IF you can even do it with your gun!

Virtue Soft Arm...too expensive for a piece of plastic, but they work! I have 2 rotors. One with and one without the virtue arm. I play rec PB on a budget and so I tend to buy cheap paint which means that my rotors tend to jam occasionally. I used to get periodic jams on which ever rotor I was using. After installing the virtue soft arm on the one rotor I NEVER get jams anymore. IMHO...worth it! This is by far the cheapest and best dejam choice there is for rotors.

Other options:
SEED board...best board for the rotor there is right now except the stock board. They work independently of the gun, need no RF link and auto dejam. They have a sensor on the board that detects gun recoil, and another that detects ball stack tension. If the gun fires and the ball stack tension doesn't drop and then go back up the board auto dejams since the ball stack is jammed. It works, but I think they are like $65 so kind of expensive.

Seventh element board...It works like the virtue board, but the RF function is built into the rotor board. You have to buy a separate RF board for your 7E board if there is one for your gun. Again like the virtue system, you need a 7E board in your gun for the dejam feature to work in the rotor board. Otherwise it works just like a regular rotor. IMHO...A waste of money.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998

Last edited by rkenders : 04-18-2012 at 08:33 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:07 AM #3
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
Funny that you ask because a few months ago I did this very search and asked the various manufacturers a lot of detailed questions about their products and so I have some insight into this very subject.

Virtue board for your rotor...waste of money! First off you need a virtue board in your gun and then you need RF modules in the gun and rotor and then the virtue rotor board. Then the dejam feature ONLY works if you are using the rotor on your gun that has the virtue board. On anything else it acts like a stock rotor. IMHO...massive waste of money IF you can even do it with your gun!

Virtue Soft Arm...too expensive for a piece of plastic, but they work! I have 2 rotors. One with and one without the virtue arm. I play rec PB on a budget and so I tend to buy cheap paint which means that my rotors tend to jam occasionally. I used to get periodic jams on which ever rotor I was using. After installing the virtue soft arm on the one rotor I NEVER get jams anymore. IMHO...worth it! This is by far the cheapest and best dejam choice there is for rotors.

Other options:
SEED board...best board for the rotor there is right now except the stock board. They work independently of the gun, need no RF link and auto dejam. They have a sensor on the board that detects gun recoil, and another that detects ball stack tension. If the gun fires and the ball stack tension doesn't drop and then go back up the board auto dejams since the ball stack is jammed. It works, but I think they are like $65 so kind of expensive.

Seventh element board...It works like the virtue board, but the RF function is built into the rotor board. You have to buy a separate RF board for your 7E board if there is one for your gun. Again like the virtue system, you need a 7E board in your gun for the dejam feature to work in the rotor board. Otherwise it works just like a regular rotor. IMHO...A waste of money.
That answered a lot of questions I had too, thanks!
Xal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 AM #4
eheckman

eheckman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
eheckman supports Team VICIOUS
eheckman supports Pev's Paintball
eheckman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xal View Post
That answered a lot of questions I had too, thanks!
yes thanks i was wondering the same things
eheckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:41 PM #5
rkenders
Northern Colorado

No problem folks...glad I was helpful!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote