Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-11-2012, 08:31 PM #1
nathanjones007

Smile Newest member of Extcy family!

I have heard nothing but good things about this gun from this forum. I have never owned a smart part/gog type gun ever.n I broke the bank and ordered one like an hr ago. What type advice you all would give to a rookie such as I ?

Thanks team

p.s. i am a dm11/ mag(4 mags) owner FYI
nathanjones007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 PM #2
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
dont use co2 if you can, the extcy doesnt shoot its best with it. other then that look into a new barrel and your set. enjoy your gun and if you have any other questions feel free to ask
Old 04-11-2012, 08:56 PM #3
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
The marker comes stock with a blackheart board, so your engine is already supped up. Besides that, read the manual, then when your done, read it one more time. The marker is pretty straight forward, however if you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them here or over on the www.g1og.com

Thanks for buying an eXTCy!
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:22 PM #4
backwoodspball
Old School 80's Baller

backwoodspball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
backwoodspball supports DLX Technology
Very easy to program! I'd get a kit barrel like the freak or a deadlywind barrel with it. Tech t bolt and 360qev will help u lower the dwell to about 16ms. Its 27 stock. Its a smooth shooting marker and give PSP mode a try it rips!

L.E. Red Camo Clone GT
Clear Orange DM13
backwoodspball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:43 AM #5
nathanjones007

thanks

Thanks for everyones help thus far. I do a few questions. Has anyone tried the "fire bolt"? Also can i use hater sauce on my extcy?

Thanks team
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 AM #6
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
The firebolt is an improvement over the stock bolt. Its lighter which will allow more lowering of your dwell. As for hater sauce, I have heard good things about it, but I have never gone wrong with my Dow 33 grease. I always try to use whatever the manufacturer recommends.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 AM #7
backwoodspball
Old School 80's Baller

backwoodspball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
backwoodspball supports DLX Technology
anything dow 33 based... ive heard people use the hater sauce also.

just no oil in the marker and you will be fine HAHA!!

firebolt is better than stock. I like the tech T l7 bolt. 360qev will help you shoot quicker and should be more efficient also. I did the bolt first and noticed some difference in kick but the biggest drop in dwell was from the 360qev.

out the box, this marker just perfectly fine without any mods! Just amazed still how this thing shoots for 250bucks! Im going to do a honest test against my empire axe I just got to try also. just to see how 250 compares to 450 price range.

L.E. Red Camo Clone GT
Clear Orange DM13
backwoodspball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 AM #8
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Before you buy barrels, bolts, qev's, I would suggest getting some decent batteries, and an o-ring & hose kit for it. All the performance mods you do to the gun isn't going to make a difference if you blow a major seal with no back-up to replace it. Also, after you play with your new gun, disconnect the battery as the solenoid will drain the battery even when the gun is turned off. I recommend Energy Paintball batteries as they have highest output and last longer then normal coppertops. I run them in all my gear and they are still cheaper then standard coppertops. 5.95 for 2 at ANS Gear.

Get to know your gun before you actually start modding it, because if something goes wrong with it after you mod it, thats just more issues you will have to deal with trying to fix it after.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM #9
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjones007 View Post
Thanks for everyones help thus far. I do a few questions. Has anyone tried the "fire bolt"? Also can i use hater sauce on my extcy?

Thanks team
The techt l7, like everyone had said, shoots better then the fire bolt; spend the extra few bucks for it
Old 04-12-2012, 02:53 PM #10
nathanjones007

cool

Thanks team. I will play in a few weeks and let yall know how it goes!

I am excited!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:49 PM #11
nathanjones007

?

What is the approximate weight(gun and barrel alone) and shots per 68/4500 tank stock.

Thanks team
Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 PM #12
azhector

Quote:
What is the approximate weight(gun and barrel alone) and shots per 68/4500 tank stock.

Thanks team
not sure about the weight, but i have a 70/45 and with an underbore i got about 5-6 pods, but the reg wasnt broken in yet. with the reg broken in, qev, and under bore i can get about 8-10 depending how the paint is matching up
Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM #13
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:

Thanks team
I'll have a weight for you tomorrow. I have a digital scale at the office.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM #14
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com

GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Weights 1.95 lbs with no barrel.
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 AM #15
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Before you buy barrels, bolts, qev's, I would suggest getting some decent batteries, and an o-ring & hose kit for it. All the performance mods you do to the gun isn't going to make a difference if you blow a major seal with no back-up to replace it. Also, after you play with your new gun, disconnect the battery as the solenoid will drain the battery even when the gun is turned off. I recommend Energy Paintball batteries as they have highest output and last longer then normal coppertops. I run them in all my gear and they are still cheaper then standard coppertops. 5.95 for 2 at ANS Gear.

Get to know your gun before you actually start modding it, because if something goes wrong with it after you mod it, thats just more issues you will have to deal with trying to fix it after.

The thing is, you can easily start dropping money into upgrades but really, some of them you might never notice the difference. Always try to play with the gun stock for a while and see what you might not like about it the most first. For some people, it might be the grips, others the barrel, some might want it to be more efficient, etc. Find out what you think needs to be changed the most and start there. But the only way to find that out is to play with and get familiar with it.

As for me, I recommend the Deadlywind Fibur barrel and a QEV to start. Since you already have the Blackheart board there's really no reason to swap to another board, as it can do probably 95% of anything anyone could ever want it to do anyway. Bolt-wise Deadlywind's Hollowpoint is probably the highest performing but the TechT L7 is a great upgrade too and a little easier to install, so if you're not super-mechanically inclined you'd probably be better off with TechT.

But in all reality most people might not ever feel the need to go that far with the gun. If you're only playing recball or speedball games you don't really need super-efficiency so bolt mods might not be worth the money to you. If you're playing scenarios though and want to get as many shots as possible out of the smallest, lightest tank possible, a bolt upgrade and tuning your board settings to match is the way to go.

My best advice though is to only change one thing at a time and test/play with it that way before adding anything else, and SAVE YOUR STOCK PARTS. That way if you have a problem with a mod you can quickly switch back to the stock stuff that you know works and sort out whatever the issue is later, without missing a lot of play time.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 PM #16
nathanjones007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post

The thing is, you can easily start dropping money into upgrades but really, some of them you might never notice the difference. Always try to play with the gun stock for a while and see what you might not like about it the most first. For some people, it might be the grips, others the barrel, some might want it to be more efficient, etc. Find out what you think needs to be changed the most and start there. But the only way to find that out is to play with and get familiar with it.

As for me, I recommend the Deadlywind Fibur barrel and a QEV to start. Since you already have the Blackheart board there's really no reason to swap to another board, as it can do probably 95% of anything anyone could ever want it to do anyway. Bolt-wise Deadlywind's Hollowpoint is probably the highest performing but the TechT L7 is a great upgrade too and a little easier to install, so if you're not super-mechanically inclined you'd probably be better off with TechT.

But in all reality most people might not ever feel the need to go that far with the gun. If you're only playing recball or speedball games you don't really need super-efficiency so bolt mods might not be worth the money to you. If you're playing scenarios though and want to get as many shots as possible out of the smallest, lightest tank possible, a bolt upgrade and tuning your board settings to match is the way to go.

My best advice though is to only change one thing at a time and test/play with it that way before adding anything else, and SAVE YOUR STOCK PARTS. That way if you have a problem with a mod you can quickly switch back to the stock stuff that you know works and sort out whatever the issue is later, without missing a lot of play time.

Thanks . Very helpful helpful
Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 AM #17
nathanjones007

Got a chance to play this weekend

This gun is a back up to my dm11(FYI) I used to 2 games and played with it stock. I like the snappy trigger, the sound signature is way different compared to anything i ever owned (thats cool!) So out of the box i was very impressed. I am gonna wait to break the gun in before i put any upgrades on it. The only upgrade i just bought was the freak kit.

Just a update

Thanks team
Old 05-05-2012, 04:52 PM #18
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
welcome to the team

7pbA wants to buy your used gear!

Certified Planet Eclipse & Tippmann Tech Center
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:37 AM #19
ShoopDaWhoop900
Go Noles!

ShoopDaWhoop900 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I would not go out and buy a barrel kit as a first ugrade. The stock barrel with good paint is accurate enough. instead i would get either the Techt L7 bolt or fire bold and the 360QEV this makes the gun shoot alot smoother. I still use the stock barrel and am still very accurate. The other thing to note is that the reg takes a few games to get broken in, once this happens the gun shoots like a dream
ShoopDaWhoop900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 PM #20
l0rdnic0
That new guy

l0rdnic0 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
l0rdnic0 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gun weight with stock barrel, Firebolt, QEV and Violent trigger and nothing else is 2 lbs 5.9 oz.

As many have told you the first mod I think you should do would be a QEV. Next I would do the bolt, I have the Firebolt and am happy with that but I might buy an l7 just to try it and see if there is any difference. After that I would get a GOG 9Volt recharger and batt then a locking feed neck. After that I would get a nice barrel. I have a Freak but I might buy a Deadlywind Carbonfiber FIBUR barrel to counter that weight of the gun when the tank, full hopper and barrel are in place.

I forgot I also have a Violent trigger upgrade which was a nice upgrade. I know Virtue makes replacement eyes and say they require less power then the stock eyes but I think the stock eyes are fine.

With all the stuff I have on my gun now it shoots laser beams of paint, just amazingly fast.

Last edited by l0rdnic0 : 11-08-2012 at 04:33 PM.
l0rdnic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM #21
parksj12

Thank you everyone for the posts, I'm looking to get an Extcy soon and I appreciate all the tips
parksj12 is offline   Reply With Quote