Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-11-2012, 07:32 AM #1
Mr Vengeance

Paintball ticket scam

Hi guys. That marketing scheme made it on to national T.V. Puts people off paintball. Google T.V. on demand N.Z. , Fair Go . It's in the last segment.
IPG are in Canada now. Soon they will be in your local mall ripping off your punters. April 11 2012
Mr Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 AM #2
GatSplat

Just to translate for all the yanks... Punters are customers... not just guys who kick the ball on 4th and long. All confusing... Tea is not a drink, it's a meal, Stuffed is not what happens after you eat too much, it's when everything goes very wrong... "My compressor is stuffed..." and if this is giving you tired head, maybe you should have a "kip" (nap).

So back to the topic at hand... These guys are selling stuff they don't have, and don't have the right to. Bugger! That could stuff up the industry.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.

Last edited by GatSplat : 04-11-2012 at 08:52 AM.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:04 AM #3
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Vengeance View Post
IPG are in Canada now. Soon they will be in your local mall ripping off your punters. April 11 2012
I don't think it's IPG that is here in Canada, but one of the owners of the Canadian version of this company was/is one of the owners of IPG.

They have been able to get the majority of the fields in the Vancouver area to sign up with them, selling their coupon books, and then the outing can be booked at one of the participating fields. They don't have their own field...yet. I believe they started out the same way in New Zealand.

It's the misrepresentation of the company that really alarms me. Every field owner seems to be offered different deals to sign up with the company. As far as the end user goes, Googling IPG brings up many, many examples of customer dissatisfaction and misrepresentation by the company. Things like selling vouchers for fields that don't exist or aren't signed up with the program for instance. Telling customers that the 100 paintballs they sell them directly will be all they need. Basically they will tell customers whatever they need to tell them to get them to buy. They keep all of the proceeds from the voucher sales.

It will be interesting to see if they even try to make it into the USA market. With paintball prices the way they are at fields in the USA, it will be much more difficult to find fields to sign up, as the fields can't survive on paintball sales alone. But having these guys at the local malls on a regular basis is exactly what happens. Income from entry and rentals becomes a thing of the past.

But then again, they only need one field in a local area to sign up, and all the other fields will suffer because of it. One field owner in the Vancouver area would like nothing more than to have nothing to do with them, but feels that he may have to sign up just so that he can get his share of the pie, since almost every other field has already signed.

This is one of those things that no one will worry too much about until perhaps, it's too late. Also, the guise of different named companies will help keep them low profile at the start.

*Edit* It looks like they are definitely interested in heading into the the US paintball market. From their new Canadian website: "With new locations about to open up in Canada, South Africa and the United States, IPG is on a mission to bring the adrenaline-fuelled thrill of paintball to as many people around the world as possible."

Last edited by Horizon : 04-11-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:21 AM #4
RedRod

RedRod is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
http://tvnz.co.nz/fair-go/paintball-costs-video-4828154

Direct Link to video

Was approached this week

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
RedRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:04 AM #5
MikeE
Kiwi Baller

MikeE plays in the APPA D5 division
MikeE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MikeE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Edit: deleted

Last edited by MikeE : 04-16-2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Recieved a nastygram from their lawyers, edited for now
MikeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:10 AM #6
ishvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
*Edit* It looks like they are definitely interested in heading into the the US paintball market. From their new Canadian website: "With new locations about to open up in Canada, South Africa and the United States, IPG is on a mission to bring the adrenaline-fuelled thrill of paintball to as many people around the world as possible."
Not sure If its IPG but I did get a call this week from a guy wanting to sell vouchers for my field. lol.. I didn't have a time to listen to his speel so I made him set up a meeting to talk abouting it.. now I'm wondering if it is or just some guy try to do the same thing...
ishvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:55 AM #7
Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishvan View Post
Not sure If its IPG but I did get a call this week from a guy wanting to sell vouchers for my field. lol.. I didn't have a time to listen to his speel so I made him set up a meeting to talk abouting it.. now I'm wondering if it is or just some guy try to do the same thing...
As long as marketers are selling vouchers or passes to your field on your terms, it's not a bad thing in my opinion. We've had companies do this for us in the past and it's worked great. The other option is to do it on your own (or directly hire someone to do it on your behalf - why give another company the profit you could be making?) which we have also done. I just don't need a separate company selling vouchers for paintball in general (not my specific field), especially when their preceding reputation is one of misrepresentation. Their history of signing up field for their program and then opening up their own field (guess where all the customers get directed to then) after they have established themselves in an eraea is not something I would want to get involved with.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:38 PM #8
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
Call me

Last edited by paintballer231 : 08-09-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Google had this on the front page .
paintballer231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:00 AM #9
Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
Call me Rainer . IPG IS in Canada,Call Of Paintball is the same model .Call me Reiner .
Yes, I know. We have a busy weekend coming up. I'll try to give you a call early next week.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:34 AM #10
Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
Whats your email.I know how it goes .The connection between IPG and COP is actually quite amusing
You can email me at info@tntpaintball.com.

Salesmen, cheats & liars. There is a reason they are all grouped together.