Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2012, 11:01 AM #1
PaintballLane

Question Scuba tank info wanted

I am looking to get a 80 cf scuba tank to fill my own tanks to save trips every weekend to getting filled. Any info on this would be great. I have a 88 4800 tank and a smaller steel 3000 tank for my spare also. I understand scuba tanks are only 3000 and my 4800 will only get 3000. How many fills can I get out of the scuba and is it worth doing? Thanks.
PaintballLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2012, 11:38 PM #2
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

I'm in the same scenario as you, PaintballLane
Most people would just post things like, "This is in the wrong forum, please post on the Air-system forum" or "read the air-system forum sticky". But I'm steering away from that here. There are two charts that you can refer to. One is a preset chart showing a general estimation of a few scuba tank's fill numbers (first link), and the other is an actual calculator (second link):

http://tinypic.com/jskf9e.jpg

http://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/scubafills2.asp

Remember that when getting a scuba tank, either new or used, you will need a "Fill-Station" -- this device attaches to the scuba tank and safely and reliably transfers the air from the scuba tank into your paintball tank. If buying a used scuba tank, you will likely need to re-hydro test it in addition to getting an annual visual inspection. Both of which can be done at 'Sports-Chalet' at a low cost of $35 and you can even get a fill there as well. Regardless of tank size, air fills are $5
Is it worth getting a scuba tank? If you have the money, without a doubt. If you don't have the money, it definitely worth saving up for. It's convenient to have access to a refill source in your own home rather than having to drive to a field or store. If you are marker tech savvy, then having a refill air-source are your disposal is a must, even if it only allows for very limited amount of air fills. For me, I have to go to the shop at least 2-3 times a week, and at $4.50 a fill for my 68/45K..that adds up to A LOT of money. So with the money that I've spent on fills alone, I could have instead bought a used scuba tank and fill station. If you can get a deal on a couple of scuba tanks for a cheap price, you can begin to piece together a 'CASCADED MULTI-SCUBA/SCBA TANK TRANSFILL SET-UP' which gives you the ability to either achieve more fills or get fills to the actual desired PSI range (e.g., 3k & 45k), or both and vice versa. I hope this helps,

-Jarred
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it

Last edited by tgs-killer : 03-31-2012 at 11:43 PM.
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:35 AM #3
PaintballLane

Hey thanks alot for the info. I found a 80cf tank and fillstation on Craigslist I am gonna go pick up today. He bought the tank new and used it like 6 times. He just had it Hydroed, ultrasounded and a visual on it last week. He is asking $150 for it and it is full on air and a card for 3 free fills also. I like the idea of not driving 40 minute each way to go get filled every weekend, it will pay for itself this summer.
PaintballLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:52 PM #4
Ohio83

I have two scuba tanks and I use one to bring the HPA tank up to around 3000psi and then I use the second tank as a top off. It also allows me the ability to use the back-up and the primary once the primary has become empty.
This has saved me a lot of money and multiple trips per week to the store which is almost 70 miles round trip. Believe me...they are well worth the money!

Paul
Ohio83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:07 PM #5
davito

150 with a fill station is a great deal. I bought a tank new for 200 plus 65 ish for fill station setup
davito is online now   Reply With Quote