BKLYN KOS#28

BKLYN KOS#28 plays in the PSP
BKLYN KOS#28 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BKLYN KOS#28 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
BKLYN KOS#28 supports Team VICIOUS
BKLYN KOS#28 supports Team VICIOUS
BKLYN KOS#28 plays in the APPA D4 division
Mid-Atlantic GREAT EVENT

Thank u to epl staff and PAP for hosting such a great event. like always chad makes the events go very fast!!! Great job to all the teams that played the event. Hope to see u guys soon

Good job to the winning teams

1st-syndicate
2nd-throw back
3rd-chaos company saints
4th-keystone united

ANTHONY CAPTAIN #28 BKLYN K-OS,WE SUPPORT EASTERN PAINTBALL LEAGUE (EPL D-4 5 MAN)
BKLYN KOS#28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 AM #2
EPLseries
EPL

Normally the event goes much faster. Getting off to a late start did not help. Printers and other issues caused a very late start to the event. In the end, we caught up to the scheduled ending time for prelims.

The event took way too long and I could have hurried things up a bit. We were dealing with a few issues that we need to be addressed before the operations of the tournament could continue. We wanted to make sure that all teams where treated with the same importance and this caused a loss of time.

Overall the event was a success. However I know that the next one will be event better. We will be making a few changes to our side of things so that we can run the event faster.

Thank you to all of the teams and support staff for attending the event. I feel that all of you made the first event of the EPL Mid-Atlantic a success.

Full Results:
Division 6 (3-MAN)
1st -P4 Posse 2
2nd - P4 Posse
3rd - Static

Division 4/5 (3-MAN)
1st - La Coka Nostra
2nd -One Nation
3rd - Crypt Keepers

Division 4/5
1st - Syndicate
2nd - Throwback
3rd - Chaos Company Saints
4th -Keystone United
Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 AM #3
clarkie070988
A traveling man

Annual Supporting Member
clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
clarkie070988 is Legendary
clarkie070988 is Boss
clarkie070988 supports DLX Technology
great event as always
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/World Ballas/Fat Ballers Club
Ego 10
Alpine Navigation
clarkie070988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 AM #4
Manifest113

Manifest113 plays in the PSP
Manifest113 supports Team VICIOUS
Manifest113 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Two thumbs up for this event. I no the saints and myself had a great time and cant wait for the next one!

P.A.P. FAMILY
M.B.A.-WE CAME TO GET DOWN.
Manifest113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 AM #5
paintczech917
i likes teh paintbullets.

paintczech917 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintczech917 supports Team VICIOUS
paintczech917 supports Pev's Paintball
paintczech917 plays in the APPA D4 division
The Chad was great <3
Jimmy Cowden #88
Your mom has no knee-caps...
paintczech917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 PM #6
SeanBob
I Do Me

SeanBob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SeanBob plays in the APPA D4 division
SeanBob has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SeanBob has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
any pics or videos?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 PM #7
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D4 division
Thumbs down Very disappointed

First time our team has played an EPL event and I must say it was a very bad experience from the very start and it never got better as the day went on (which I was hoping that it would recover and make up for the horrible start time as the day went on).

Our team was really shocked of how poorly the event was run especially coming from a series that has been around for awhile.

We played 3-man D4/D5 and it wasn't run nowhere near as efficient as 5-man was. Below are some things that stood out.

1. Event started 90 minutes late, for whatever reason. The only thing I can say in regards to this is that at some point (earlier in the morning) someone should have called an audible to get the event going and figure out all the problems while the players are actually playing.

2. There were 13 5-man teams, and 10 3-man teams, yet 5-man finished the day only 10 minutes after 3-man was finished. I watched numerous 5-man games and they were turning around games pretty quickly. The same couldn't be said for 3-man. After almost every game ended it was roughly 5-8 minutes before the next game started. The 5-man field had several bull horns and maybe a small PA system and you could clearly hear teams being called for on deck, on double deck, etc. 3-man lacked this.

3. Our last game in pre-lims ended @ 1pm. We played our FIRST game in the next round at 2:40pm. This was the major back breaker. There is no possible explanation as to why there was one hour and 40 minutes before the start of finals.

4. Please have your head refs a little better informed on how you run the event. I had to explain to the head ref on the 3-man field why we were playing the same team twice (two different race to 2's). Since we only had 4 teams in the division the schedule required each team to play one other team in two separate "race to 2" matches.

5. Hold the 3-man captains meeting separate from the 5-man captains meeting since the rules aren't the same. Case in point, during the captains meeting, Big E clearly stated ALL games will have a 5 minute time limit. This was NEVER cleared up until controversy in the last point of finals, at which point was too late, when the head ref called our final hang a no point because we hung it 1 second past the time limit he then said the time limit was 3 minutes. I requested to see his clock and miraculously it was erased with no proof we hung it 1 second past the 3 minutes mark. It was also quite odd that our player hung the flag and was being checked by the referees when the head ref then exclaims no point because time ran out. We all know how the head ref is supposed to signal when time is up.

6. After winning our semi-finals match we then sat AGAIN for over 25 minutes before we played the #1 seed in finals.

In closing, the entire reffing squad on the 3-man field was on point. No issues at all and they did an awesome job with the hand they were dealt.

We walked away from this event with a very sour taste in our mouths. I'm not sure we will make it back for another event but I hope you guys live up to your promise of making the next one better and faster. We wish you nothing but the best of luck but we did want to share our personal thoughts. Thanks for promoting the series and giving the players more options for tournament paintball.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM #8
hkramman1111

hkramman1111 is for the Gunfight
hkramman1111 supports Pev's Paintball
hkramman1111 plays in the APPA D4 division
hkramman1111 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
hkramman1111 supports DLX Technology
From me and all of g-nation it was our first epl Nd we had a blast .. Great tournament and hope to see all the teams and refs at the next event!

I FIGHT FOR MACDEV!!!
hkramman1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 PM #9
ukassassin69

ukassassin69 helped look for balloons
ukassassin69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ukassassin69 supports Team VICIOUS
ukassassin69 plays in the APPA D4 division
"There were 13 5-man teams, and 10 3-man teams, yet 5-man finished the day only 10 minutes after 3-man was finished. I watched numerous 5-man games and they were turning around games pretty quickly. The same couldn't be said for 3-man. After almost every game ended it was roughly 5-8 minutes before the next game started. The 5-man field had several bull horns and maybe a small PA system and you could clearly hear teams being called for on deck, on double deck, etc. 3-man lacked this."

Just a question, just straight up curious. Were all three man teams looking at their schedules? I believe on the 5 Man field there was only a few times were teams that weren't already at the field ready to step on as soon as the game was over. It's not up to the refs entirely to have teams on the field, sure they could have been louder on announcing games but, teams should have a pretty good idea when they are playing and be ready to play in a timely manner. If teams were at the staging area after games were ended then totally disregard this post, but if they were not, then I say they need to make sure they know when they are playing and get to the field.
ukassassin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:14 PM #10
dj red dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukassassin69 View Post

Just a question, just straight up curious. Were all three man teams looking at their schedules? I believe on the 5 Man field there was only a few times were teams that weren't already at the field ready to step on as soon as the game was over. It's not up to the refs entirely to have teams on the field, sure they could have been louder on announcing games but, teams should have a pretty good idea when they are playing and be ready to play in a timely manner. If teams were at the staging area after games were ended then totally disregard this post, but if they were not, then I say they need to make sure they know when they are playing and get to the field.
I think several factors played into the problem that was present. One of the possible factors is that out of the 10 teams there were 6 D6 teams, and by talking to several of them it was the first ever tournament for a majority of them. Those teams don't know to "be ready" etc. However if they used the bull horn ALL DAY (it was used about 2-3 times if i recall correctly) this might have been a big bonus to the newer teams. And yes we had a schedule in front of us, however the slowness issue was NEVER due to a team not being staged, or not being ready. I can't give you a specific reason as to why the turn arounds took so long, maybe the head ref can elaborate on that some.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:18 PM #11
Envvy

Envvy plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
"There were 13 5-man teams, and 10 3-man teams, yet 5-man finished the day only 10 minutes after 3-man was finished. I watched numerous 5-man games and they were turning around games pretty quickly. The same couldn't be said for 3-man. After almost every game ended it was roughly 5-8 minutes before the next game started. The 5-man field had several bull horns and maybe a small PA system and you could clearly hear teams being called for on deck, on double deck, etc. 3-man lacked this."

the only issue with time between games for 3man for me occured when we were at semi finals all teams present waiting to go on the field and we waited for an hour and a half for a score sheet so we could proceed with semi finals then when it was 40 minutes for another score sheet for finals were down to two teams and it takes 40minutes to have score sheet so we can play? need to change how things are run if thats usual business in my personal opinion.
Envvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:22 PM #12
ukassassin69

ukassassin69 helped look for balloons
ukassassin69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ukassassin69 supports Team VICIOUS
ukassassin69 plays in the APPA D4 division
I have never played a 3-Man event at the EPL have always done 5-Man. 5-Man has always been on time once games got started. I have no other input onto why 3-Man was run slow, but let me tell you I believe it was a rarity. Chad always holds a great event, and I am positive he will be looking at the situation and will make it better for the next event.
ukassassin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:00 PM #13
dj red dog

Quote:
I have never played a 3-Man event at the EPL have always done 5-Man. 5-Man has always been on time once games got started. I have no other input onto why 3-Man was run slow, but let me tell you I believe it was a rarity. Chad always holds a great event, and I am positive he will be looking at the situation and will make it better for the next event.
From a 5-man standpoint, and putting the late start aside, it did seem that 5-man went very smoothly and was probably even ahead of schedule (with adjusted times of course). Again I don't have specific answers on the long turn arounds and the entirely too long times between prelims and semi's and again between semi's and finals. I can only speculate.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:05 PM #14
EPLseries
EPL

I am not going to throw anyone under the bus. Working with a new ref staff always presents a challenge to me and others. In the end, it was my fault that the event ran slow for the 3-MAN teams.

Yes, newer teams have a hard time keeping up with the pace, however I felt that they did a good job at the event. Like I said earlier, I checked a bunch of things twice, even 3 times to ensure that ALL teams where treated with the same level of attention when it came to the tournament. I am sorry if the delays caused you grief.

I can assure you that I have already addressed the issues, and I have spent a lot of time researching how to prevent the same problem from occurring again. Already buying some new equipment to communicate with the teams who are "on deck" and "in the hole".

Thanks again,
Chad
Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 PM #15
dj red dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPLseries View Post
I am not going to throw anyone under the bus. Working with a new ref staff always presents a challenge to me and others. In the end, it was my fault that the event ran slow for the 3-MAN teams.

Yes, newer teams have a hard time keeping up with the pace, however I felt that they did a good job at the event. Like I said earlier, I checked a bunch of things twice, even 3 times to ensure that ALL teams where treated with the same level of attention when it came to the tournament. I am sorry if the delays caused you grief.

I can assure you that I have already addressed the issues, and I have spent a lot of time researching how to prevent the same problem from occurring again. Already buying some new equipment to communicate with the teams who are "on deck" and "in the hole".

Thanks again,
Chad
Superb move, and even better move for being a stand up guy about the situation.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:34 PM #16
blacktyper01

blacktyper01 plays in the PSP
blacktyper01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blacktyper01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blacktyper01 plays in the APPA D4 division
Had a great time (except waiting so long after last prelim game to our first finals game) hopefully la coka comes in may looking forward to the next tournament.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 PM #17
dj red dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktyper01 View Post
Had a great time (except waiting so long after last prelim game to our first finals game) hopefully la coka comes in may looking forward to the next tournament.
We definitely won't be to the May 6th event. NOT because of what happened at Event 1, but moreso because I will be at a bowling tournament that weekend.

We shall see what June brings.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:43 PM #18
B4LT1M0RE88

A printer problem held the registration line up a little bit but it was solved and the tourney ran really smooth. I had a blast at my first event.
B4LT1M0RE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:12 AM #19
vader09rail
Charm City Chokehold

vader09rail supports Bob Gurnsey
vader09rail supports Pev's Paintball
vader09rail has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vader09rail has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have to say that for my very first tourney ever, I had a blast. Met some really chill new people, ran into a few that I knew and overall me and my team had FUN!! Hope to see you guys in May!!
Originally posted by Saber66: DM's are only as good as their maintainer...
vader09rail is offline   Reply With Quote