PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 AM #1
briaschu1

briaschu1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
briaschu1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rutley Rammer Review - briaschu1

I am going to begin my attempt of a review for Rutley12’s Ram & Bolt combo for the Infinity Legend. I will be adding more to my review further down the road when I get out to the field and get a chance to shoot some paint and can chrono and track pressures with both Ram/Bolt assemblies. Also, throughout my review I will be referring to Rutley12’s Ram & Bolt setup simply as the “Rutley Rammer”. This is not its official name, just what I figured I would start calling it. If, in the future Rutley12 does want a specific name used for his assembly, I will change it in my review.

To Begin, in case you’re not sure what Rutleys Ram & Bolt looks like, here it is compared to the stock setup (with soft face bolt shown).

Rutley Rammer on top / Stock rammer on bottom

Weights – After weighing each part individually as well as all together here were my results.
Rutley Bolt – 19 grams
Soft face Bolt – 35 grams
Stock Bolt – 37 grams

Rutley Ram – 16 grams
Stock V2 Ram – 37 grams

Rutley Spring – 4 grams
Rhino Spring – 2 grams
Stock Spring – 3 grams

Rutley Rammer – 40 grams
Stock assembly w/ Rhino spring – 74 grams
Rutley Rammer w/Rhino spring – 38 grams

Rutley Bolt

Soft Face Bolt

Stock Bolt

Rutley Ram

Stock V2 Ram

Rutley Spring

Rhino Spring

Stock Spring

Rutley Rammer

Stock assembly with Soft face bolt and Rhino Spring (not that is matters but I realize I have the ram backwards in this picture.)

Rutley Rammer with Rhino Spring

With all that being said, it’s time to install the Rutley Rammer in my marker.

Just from viewing the marker with the Rutley Rammer installed here are my thoughts.

Cosmetics – Since these are mostly internal parts there is not much to see cosmetically but I do have a Pro and Con of what you can see. These are only cosmetic thoughts and have no affect on overall performance.
Pro: The cutout in the bolt lines up with the windows in the Legends body (unless you have the HK) allowing you to see all the way through. (this is also part of a Con as I will talk about it below)
Con: I don’t like the bolt pin sticking up so far. I realize you need to be able to grip onto it to tighten it when screwing it into the ram but I believe it could be shortened and maybe have some sort of cap added to it.

Everything else -
One of the factors I was worried about with the Rutley Rammer is the design used to link the Bolt to the Ram. The bolt pin passes through the bolt smoothly and threads into the ram. I was afraid it may be difficult to line up the hole in the ram in order to screw the bolt pin in. This really was not a nuisance since you already have to line up the rear ram cap when locking it into position with the body screw. Once the ram is installed in the correct position, it’s going to stay in its position even when you remove the bolt pin to pull the bolt out due to the pressure of the spring on the ram as well as the rams’ o-rings inside the rear cap.

The second factor that brings up some concern is the cutouts in the bolt to reduce weight. I do like the style and all but it does create a larger opening for debris to enter into the ram chamber. I know even with the stock bolts there is some opening for this to happen already but now there is a larger opening from the top of the bolt that is open straight through to the ram chamber.

I am personally not worried about this but I know I have read about the concern in the forums before just about the stock bolt. Although it would require a change in design, instead of having the 4 cutouts vertically and horizontally I believe using 3 cutouts, one vertically from the top and the other 2 openings to the left and right of the ram chamber opening would help prevent having any additional openings into the ram chamber. Sort of an upside down Y.

When holding the bolt in the forward position, I noticed the front bolt o-ring top is exposed into view through the feed neck.

I’m guessing this partially defeats some of the purpose of the o-ring and is the reason why Pooty opted not to use a front o-ring when he did his bolt mod. I’m sure the o-ring still helps with making sure that the air is channeled through the bolts air port. If there is any type of blowback, I am not worried as I am either running a Rotor or Vlocity Jr. when running this marker. I will have to monitor the o-ring over time to see if there is additional wear to this o-ring from repeatedly being exposed. *Also I want to note that the air port on the Rutley bolt is larger than the stock bolts, having the larger air port along with the o-rings on the bolt should ensure all the air being directed out the bolt front.

At the time of installing the Rutley Rammer, I currently do not have any HPA so I am settling with running my Legend off of my air compressor with the output pressure at 125PSI for now. I will be adding more review when I get to cycle the marker at full pressure.

The settings on my WAS board are as followed
Dwell-10ms
Debounce- 6
Eye Mode – 2
BIP Delay – 4ms
MROF – 10bps (Eyes were off when cycling marker so ROF not in effect)
Fire Mode – 3 Shot Ramping

Cycle Testing @ 120 PSI
I know this is not the normal operating pressure for the legend, but it is enough pressure for me to cycle the marker in Ramping mode to feel the difference between the Rutley Rammer and stock assembly. So…was kick reduced…I would have to say YES, for now. I don’t have any scientific methods to test or prove this but I believe I noticed much less kick when cycling the marker with the Rutley Rammer. The 2 methods I am basing my results on were;
1 - Eyeing down the barrel from the rear of the gun and focusing on an object in the room and watching the barrel movement as I fire the marker.
2 – While holding the marker loosely and viewing from the side, watching the overall vibration in the marker while firing.
Overall when firing, I seen and felt much less vibration when firing with the Rutley Rammer installed.

More to come........let me know if there is more you want me to show or test.

Last edited by briaschu1 : 04-10-2012 at 02:48 PM.
briaschu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2012, 02:08 AM #2
briaschu1

Saving for Review additions
Old 04-06-2012, 02:09 AM #3
briaschu1

And this one too...just in case
Old 04-06-2012, 10:18 AM #4
rutley12

Thank you for the review, I also think the pin is to long if i make another run the pin will be shorter.As for the pin not locking into the bolt ,I think you will find it to put less ware on the bolt.As for the exposed O'ring i dont think there will be a problem,Timmy bolts have two O'rings on the bolt that pass completly through the feed neck to seal the front of the bolt! The front O'ring does work I stacked 3 balls in the feed neck and fired the gun the third ball did not move at all.As for the 4 milled spots,I would have to agree with you if there is a second run I will change that as well as the lenght of the pin! I have something else in mind other than the upside down y but nice suggestion! My efforts were to make the marker fire smoother like a spool valve gun.I think I did I hope you agree. GREAT REVIEW!
rutley12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 PM #5
Cloak&Shotgun
John Cleese=My F'n Hero

if you could do the pin with a cap like the thumbscrews on mags and phantoms that woul be awesome *(as far as the cosmetics go)
after reading up on this I would love to get one of your bolt/ram systems for my legend

WTT Soul for Green Quest

I LOVE Hammerhead barrels
Cloak&Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:47 PM #6
rutley12

The rammer and bolt are posted on ebay under Infinity ledged paintball upgrad rammer and bolt. Selling them on ebay so you have a money back guarentee
Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 PM #7
Cloak&Shotgun
John Cleese=My F'n Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutley12 View Post
The rammer and bolt are posted on ebay under Infinity ledged paintball upgrad rammer and bolt. Selling them on ebay so you have a money back guarentee
like I said this is awesome, I'll probubly try and do a thumbscrew flatcap stlye for my self after I pick one up

WTT Soul for Green Quest

I LOVE Hammerhead barrels
Cloak&Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:11 PM #8
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
For me personally these parts improve performance based simply off number along with the review but introduce a few problems that out weigh the pros. But if people like it good for them.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 PM #9
rutley12

This is the Video for the Infinity Legend Rutley Bolt and Rammer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJSx...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 PM #10
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutley12 View Post
This is the Video for the Infinity Legend Rutley Bolt and Rammer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJSx...ature=youtu.be
I am sure your neighbors love you shooting in there direction, with kids playing somewhere in the back ground, along with the guy who rides a bike behind the tree your shooting at as your firing.....
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:10 AM #11
killer_ghost
Bafinity Options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbuddy12 View Post
I am sure your neighbors love you shooting in there direction, with kids playing somewhere in the back ground, along with the guy who rides a bike behind the tree your shooting at as your firing.....
C'mon man give the guy a break. Yeah he could have shot somewehere safer but nothing happened.
Houston Heat Fan #15
killer_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:08 AM #12
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_ghost View Post
C'mon man give the guy a break. Yeah he could have shot somewehere safer but nothing happened.
I could easily grab one of my firearms, go outside and fire several rounds and not hit a living thing, so is that ok? People do not like seeing vids where the shooter does not have a mask on when they are shooting on there own property that is a solid tree line with nobody for some ways back. Personally if I saw this out of my front window I would confront him about it. Safety and peoples eyes are the two things I will never be lenient on when it comes to things like paintball. If he had any care for any ones safety he could have put a cardboard box against his house so that he is shooting away from everyone. Call me a grouch and ocd and whatever else you can think of but when you see someone take a paintball to the eye you will see where being OCD about safety is justified. And this has nothing to do with any personal feelings I supposedly have against rutley according to him.

And just saying without a chrono on film it does nothing for demonstrating kick. I am sure the parts to cut it down alot, by physics it has to. But even if he had chrono'd this past sunday at the field the paint could have shrunk, drops fps down to the 250's even with psi running the right levels. I am looking forward to seeing a full vid with chrono, efficiency, and kick.
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:54 AM #13
E-PiLLs
Yeng Xiong

Quote:
I am looking forward to seeing a full vid with chrono, efficiency, and kick.
^^ that sounds really good

Also, lol he was using a eggy xD i thought i was using old hoppers..(revvy, halo)
Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 AM #14
mookhaasa
The Hoff

I just got one of these.

bolt pin isn't bad, bit long. but for a first run it is workable. despite the length the assembly is very light.

I need to reseal the set screw for my front block, but after my legend stops leaking I will adding my review in here too.

I will concur with the bolt being lighted/ported in a different way. although cleaning out the ram isn't hard at all, I'd rather not have anything drop straight down my bolt.

I ran out of air for today fixing the leak. Hopefully this week I can get my friends chrono and a couple tanks and do some testing.

I have the stock/tadao baord, and V2 internals as my stock internals to test against.
E-Spyder Imagine
Custom Timmy
2K2 vert feed Cocker
[MY FEEDBACK]
mookhaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:55 PM #15
rutley12

Quote:
Was your dad mean to to u as a kid because you are hatefule and negative! The house acrossed the street is empty,"fire inside" and if you cant hit a tree 4 foot wide tree from 30 feet I would love to play against you.But I am sure your the kind of player that uses ramping to multiple shoot players useing rental gun! Or when you get behind a player or a free shot multiple shoot them.If you dont like my part and are not interested in them why do you keep making negative comments on my thread isnt one enought.Dont you have a life ,something better to do,We all understand you dont like my parts. Please find something else to do play some paintball, or better yet make your own parts!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 PM #16
rutley12

Quote:
I could easily grab one of my firearms, go outside and fire several rounds and not hit a living thing, so is that ok? People do not like seeing vids where the shooter does not have a mask on when they are shooting on there own property that is a solid tree line with nobody for some ways back. Personally if I saw this out of my front window I would confront him about it. Safety and peoples eyes are the two things I will never be lenient on when it comes to things like paintball. If he had any care for any ones safety he could have put a cardboard box against his house so that he is shooting away from everyone. Call me a grouch and ocd and whatever else you can think of but when you see someone take a paintball to the eye you will see where being OCD about safety is justified. And this has nothing to do with any personal feelings I supposedly have against rutley according to him.

And just saying without a chrono on film it does nothing for demonstrating kick. I am sure the parts to cut it down alot, by physics it has to. But even if he had chrono'd this past sunday at the field the paint could have shrunk, drops fps down to the 250's even with psi running the right levels. I am looking forward to seeing a full vid with chrono, efficiency, and kick.
I think you are upset you didnt get a set for free.Comparing what i did to shooting a real gun outside in your yard and showing concern for invisible kids in background.And showing concern that a painball might bounce back and hit me in the eye. With you being so concerned about my safty and my niebors.Could you please go on youtube and let all the people showing videos of themselfs shooting there paintball guns in there yards at trash cans trees and many other things that ,it is like shooting a real gun in there yard and they are risking puting there eye out,and indangering there niebhors kids. After all you should be concernd about everyones safty not just mine PLEASE USE YOUR CONCERN FOR SAFTY TO HELP EVERYONE!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:23 PM #17
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Thought I was on your magical ignore list.

Not being a dick but if I had received one of these free I would have done a review like you asked then honestly given it to someone else for free. Like I mentioned before the non quick release bolt and straight through to the ram ate deal breakers for me.

You can clearly hear kids in the background, they may not be in your yard per say bit my point was simply it was not an empty field. I do not understand why people on here, YouTube, and any where else think it is smart or intelligent to fire a marker without at the least impact rates sunglasses. The odds a ball or piece of the marker comes back at you is so minuscule it might as well not be there but imagine of it did and it cost you an eye or reduced vision. My eyes are not something I ever risk. And innocent bystanders, such as the guy riding the bike, should never be put in the situation of the rare chance of anything like that happening. But it's all my opinion like everything else I have said before.

In the end a paintball gun is a gun. Even if the projectile it fires will break on contact. I may have come off harsh and not clear to my point but I was aiming my post at the fact that, like I do tell everyone online and in person, a paint all marker should be in my mind treated like a firearm. You may agree, fully disagree, or somewhere in the middle. But nobody can argue that by airing on the side of safety is a bad thing.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:33 PM #18
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutley12
Was your dad mean to to u as a kid because you are hatefule and negative! The house acrossed the street is empty,"fire inside" and if you cant hit a tree 4 foot wide tree from 30 feet I would love to play against you.But I am sure your the kind of player that uses ramping to multiple shoot players useing rental gun! Or when you get behind a player or a free shot multiple shoot them.If you dont like my part and are not interested in them why do you keep making negative comments on my thread isnt one enought.Dont you have a life ,something better to do,We all understand you dont like my parts. Please find something else to do play some paintball, or better yet make your own parts!
I am discussing things for a marker I own In the manufacturer forum. I am not ring negative. I have said I like the idea of it and even said I hope they work fully and are durable. And no my father was never mean to me. Both my parents are highly supportive and from such I have become fully self sufficient as a young adult and successful in the parts of my life I care about.

I only play in semi and usually cap my markers at 10 when playing with any rec players. Even when playing against d3+ I more often then not leave it on semi 15. When I'm with rec players 99% of the time I single finger pull and will offer them to surrender under 10 ft. I want people to enjoy paintball and not be afraid of getting hurt or rude players who are more experienced then them.

Never in all of this have I ever said anything personal about you. Let alone make up assumptions. If I was a jerk I could comment on your unemployment, the condition of your yard and neighborhood, your spelling and overall lack of professionalism as well as manners. But I have refrained from doing so.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:25 AM #19
rutley12

Quote:
I am discussing things for a marker I own In the manufacturer forum. I am not ring negative. I have said I like the idea of it and even said I hope they work fully and are durable. And no my father was never mean to me. Both my parents are highly supportive and from such I have become fully self sufficient as a young adult and successful in the parts of my life I care about.

I only play in semi and usually cap my markers at 10 when playing with any rec players. Even when playing against d3+ I more often then not leave it on semi 15. When I'm with rec players 99% of the time I single finger pull and will offer them to surrender under 10 ft. I want people to enjoy paintball and not be afraid of getting hurt or rude players who are more experienced then them.

Never in all of this have I ever said anything personal about you. Let alone make up assumptions. If I was a jerk I could comment on your unemployment, the condition of your yard and neighborhood, your spelling and overall lack of professionalism as well as manners. But I have refrained from doing so.
Like I said use your concern for safty to help every!GO to youtube and help all the people posting videos that are endangering themselfs and others.And the fact that you you had to explain that your dad wasnt mean to you tells me a lot!! Stay in your house and live in your internet world!!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 PM #20
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Again with the personal attacks. Ill bite. Actually spend very little time inside. Normally, like now I am on my phone. Between work, my dog, girlfriend, and friends I do not see how someone could spend that much time on there computer personally. And before you say it I'm not some fry cook at mcds. I'm a manager at a highly reputable golf club here in northern Virginia.

When I do see videos of people shooting without a mask or quality sunglasses on I do comment. So not sure why you keep telling me to go do something I do. At the same time though I do not sit around for hours on end watching people just shooting there markers.

Family is the most important thing to me. So someone, even in the manner which you did, saying things about them will generate a response from me. Your point by saying it was more then likely to simply get a rise out of me. But it's actually sad in my mind, and shows character, that you have to result to such comments.

Again you have made this personal and deviated from the original topic. And all of this started you realize by you coming out with two parts. I expressed a good amount of interest but said I would have reservations as anyone should as to the actual specs, performance, and reliability. You released pictures and I stated I was not a fan of the bolt pin screwing into the ram for several reasons. This is all in pm's and on here. You took it personal and said I am so negative and mean and out to make you look bad or something to that extent.

I still am holding my final opinion until I see a full proper video review. Ryan is still waiting for the proper orings which you said were shipping last Monday if I'm not mistaken after you were supposedly shipping them before the weekend. As it stands now I would personally never own these parts again due to the bolt pin system and the holes in the bolt that go directly into the ram chamber. Anyone that claims those are not valid points does not play enough paintball. I am still interested in them as they are parts for a gun I have been fond of since it was released and which has very few products out for it. I do have interest in this and again am waiting for full real reviews.

But go ahead, quote this, call me a jerk and say I don't have a girlfriend and have never held a girls hand even or something. Continue to take this thread off topic. As well as sit at your computer trying to make a 23 year old look stupid and boost your e-ego which from the looks of it needs some attention.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM #21
913boyd

913boyd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
913boyd supports DLX Technology
I have the parts now for a week. The first test was with my hk legend. I chronoed at 278-282 with v2 setup w/ rhino spring, took the v2 parts out and put rutleys parts in my hk.wnet to the chrono station and fps went way down, down to around 210-215. I had to raise hpr up to get it to shoot 280. in psp 21.5 it was chopping paint.(not barrel breaks). Took the parts out put my v2 parts back in turned the hpr down to 280 fps and shot a hopper of paint with no problems.Tried the parts in my friends stock legend with the same results. I think rutley has a great idea I jus dont think that all the parts match up.
913boyd is offline   Reply With Quote