dirtraven

has been a member for 10 years
dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
...They aren't very good quality...
Good to know, I was gonna get one to replace my CP ASA, but now I'll keep the setup as is.

Quote:
A lot of people looked at my gun and had no idea what I was shooting
One of the best reasons to still break out the AC nowadays! I just love the distinct sound an AC makes. I matched mine up with a Stiffi tip, so you only get the ting without the barrel noise.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 AM #86
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
It's a little difficult at first to get pics to work right.

1. Set up an account on photobucket
2. Upload your pics to photobucket
3. Create a post and in the tool bar there is a button with mountains on it. Paste the URL to your picture at the prompt.
4. Submit and you should be good to go.

Photobucket has a useful feature that helps. Mouse over top the picture and it pops up some tools. Click on the direct link option and it copies the URL for you that you will need to paste in at step 3 above.
I honestly hate photobucket, hosted pics always seem to disappear quickly and their site is always flakey for me. I use Imgur. I can still setup an account plus they host massive amounts of pics and have the bandwidth to back imageboards such as reddit.com.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 PM #87
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtraven View Post
Good to know, I was gonna get one to replace my CP ASA, but now I'll keep the setup as is.
I wanted everything inline. I like being able to switch hands and the gun feel exactly the same in either hand. Having the hose coming out the side of the ASA makes the gun a little lop-sided. I have several guns and slowly I am changing out the ASA's to ones that make the gun symmetrical. I love CP ASA's but they don't have an inline ASA that has twist style knob in the front and front air port. Personally I would have all Bob Long gear drives, but I 'm not going to dish out the money for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtraven View Post
One of the best reasons to still break out the AC nowadays! I just love the distinct sound an AC makes. I matched mine up with a Stiffi tip, so you only get the ting without the barrel noise.
It is by far the quietest gun I have despite all those parts moving next to my head. How do you get it to make that burping sound that I have heard so many times? Mine makes more of a chuff like sound. I think it must be a different valve. Mine has the stock valve.

I think it's time for a closed bolt come back. There is absolutely no one who is making closed bolt guns anymore except for pumps.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998

Last edited by rkenders : 04-04-2012 at 12:01 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 AM #88
dirtraven

Quote:
I wanted everything inline. I like being able to switch hands and the gun feel exactly the same in either hand. Having the hose coming out the side of the ASA makes the gun a little lop-sided. I have several guns and slowly I am changing out the ASA's to ones that make the gun symmetrical. I love CP ASA's but they don't have an inline ASA that has twist style knob in the front and front air port. Personally I would have all Bob Long gear drives, but I 'm not going to dish out the money for them.
The PE POP is what I was looking at but $60 for it. I personally like it symmetrical also.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 AM #89
cmdrsuds

Warrior ASA from ANS is really nice online and cheap too.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:32 PM #90
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
God I love lurking in this thread.

The Warrior B1 and the NDZ inline SPinner are wonderful and are under $25 each.

I'd take the NDZ one over the Warrior obviously, but both work really well and are super easy to use.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:10 PM #91
scrumplepuff

Here's mine.

scrumplepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:37 PM #92
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post

I'd take the NDZ one over the Warrior obviously, but both work really well and are super easy to use.
i have one of the warrior b1's and they are pretty nice for $15, but i think id reccomend the NDZ ones over it as well since they are better quality and come with a rail i think. if you want a front mount asa thats simple and clean looking these are pretty damn hard to beat. paintballgateway also has the macdev one which these are cloned after for $25 too.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 AM #93
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post

Where did you find NDZ inlines for $25? I have found them in lots of places for $30. I definitely like them best after the BL gear drive and that only because it's direct mount. I have a POPS ASA and it is very nice no doubt about it, but you have to use that damned adapter to make the proprietary PE T slot mate to anything else. Direct mount and dove tail have been around forever. Why does PE have to break away from the obvious standard?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:46 AM #94
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
i have one of the warrior b1's and they are pretty nice for $15, but i think id reccomend the NDZ ones over it as well since they are better quality and come with a rail i think. if you want a front mount asa thats simple and clean looking these are pretty damn hard to beat. paintballgateway also has the macdev one which these are cloned after for $25 too.
Has anyone tried a Macdev ASA? I have several MD guns which are quite nice with a few detractors. MD ASA's are not wonderful. They are better than the DW I have on my cocker, but not by much. There are better twister style ASA's out there such as the NDZ. MD ASA's waste far too much air turning on and off.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:19 AM #95
blame it on god
Rotten to the core

blame it on god has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have macdev asa's on most of my guns. I like them because they are simple. As far as wasting too much air I guess it depends on how fast you turn it.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:07 PM #96
Pb4life21
Shocker Owners

Pb4life21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pb4life21 supports Empire
I have seen less and less Autocockers period. Granted I have been out of the main stream of paintball for a while. I was at my local field the other day and basically all autococker parts are gone except for barrels (autococker threaded for other markers). The ref had almost no clue except he could figure out it was a pump gun.

I plan on tracking down an older one (fade or splatter) to rebuild just for the fun of it. Just picked up a Karnivor and hope to get another autococker soon.

I wish Autocockers in general could make a comeback because I think everyone needs to own at least one to appreciate paintball.
Pb4life21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:28 PM #97
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Where did you find NDZ inlines for $25? I have found them in lots of places for $30. I definitely like them best after the BL gear drive and that only because it's direct mount. I have a POPS ASA and it is very nice no doubt about it, but you have to use that damned adapter to make the proprietary PE T slot mate to anything else. Direct mount and dove tail have been around forever. Why does PE have to break away from the obvious standard?
i think me and yelo were both reffering to www.paintballgateway.com. thats where i found them at least. the gear drives and pop's look really nice, id like to have them on my guns for sure, but man are they pricey.

edit: it was the trinity ones that came with the tiny rail:
http://www.paintballgateway.com/asfo.html
Old 04-07-2012, 03:27 AM #98
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
i think me and yelo were both reffering to www.paintballgateway.com. thats where i found them at least. the gear drives and pop's look really nice, id like to have them on my guns for sure, but man are they pricey.

edit: it was the trinity ones that came with the tiny rail:
http://www.paintballgateway.com/asfo.html
I saw the trinity ASA and wondered if anyone had any experience with them.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:29 PM #99
NHballz
Old School Beer Swiller

NHballz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb4life21 View Post
I have seen less and less Autocockers period. Granted I have been out of the main stream of paintball for a while. I was at my local field the other day and basically all autococker parts are gone except for barrels (autococker threaded for other markers). The ref had almost no clue except he could figure out it was a pump gun.

I plan on tracking down an older one (fade or splatter) to rebuild just for the fun of it. Just picked up a Karnivor and hope to get another autococker soon.

I wish Autocockers in general could make a comeback because I think everyone needs to own at least one to appreciate paintball.
I hear ya. I quit for a long time but kept all my gear. My oldest son got into the sport so I started playing again with him. Then slowly dragged all my old friends back into this madness. We all run bone stock 1995ish cockers and automags. Luckily we can all work on them to keep them alive, but the stares we get at the fields. Half the people seem to have never heard of an autococker, let alone see one in action. All I see are ions, minis and tippman stuff that looks like an m16.
NHballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:08 PM #100
Pb4life21
Shocker Owners

Pb4life21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pb4life21 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHballz View Post
I hear ya. I quit for a long time but kept all my gear. My oldest son got into the sport so I started playing again with him. Then slowly dragged all my old friends back into this madness. We all run bone stock 1995ish cockers and automags. Luckily we can all work on them to keep them alive, but the stares we get at the fields. Half the people seem to have never heard of an autococker, let alone see one in action. All I see are ions, minis and tippman stuff that looks like an m16.
I quit (well played about once a year for the last 4 years) so I could buy Jeep parts and cars. Now I have a decent job to where I can afford both All of my markers are outdated by atleast 5 or so years too. Technology today is basically all the same, except maybe the marker is a little lighter and more efficent. If you have any marker that shoots 12.5 bps you can play in just about any league/tournament. People today also don't want to fool around with a marker where you actually need to time and adjust it, they prefer turn on and go.

Also nothing compares to a sweet shooting autococker, the sound is just awesome.
Pb4life21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM #101
dirtraven

I still can't get over the fact that I have to "TURN ON" my marker!

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
Old 04-08-2012, 01:12 PM #102
Potluck
Cocker Junkie to the Bone

Potluck has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Potluck has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There was some talk of old school.

My Mini all cleaned up.

IMAG0010

IMAG0011
That is the original serial number.
Potluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:53 PM #103
NHballz
Old School Beer Swiller

NHballz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Speaking of which. Just picked this up today off fleabay as my new main gun. Time to put my trusty one in a box and save it for one of the kids. To many good times with it to ruin it chasing kids half my age around the woods.

Serial number 73298. Be almost a shame to beat this thing senseless. Time to whip out the card and grab some upgrades and try to track down a shroud.
NHballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:08 PM #104
HaWtDog123
Sundays

HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
I just bought a Psychoballistic that has been turtle'd and E Bladed. Thank god it's un drilled. I got plans to make a nice mech
HaWtDog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 PM #105
dirtraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaWtDog123 View Post
I just bought a Psychoballistic that has been turtle'd and E Bladed. Thank god it's un drilled. I got plans to make a nice mech
I guess during my PB time off everyone started e-blading their AC. I see so many drilled bodys around and then they try to make them mechs again, but now you have 2 holes.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi