PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 PM #1
BiggieSMLS
good gravy

has been a member for 10 years
Bushmaster TROUBLESHOOTING guide

While the Bushmaster forum has great threads on all areas regarding the Bushmaster series, I did not find any particular area for Troubleshooting.. Found a paper in the gear bag with this info and it could possibly help someone..

ANY LEAKS...

ISOLATE the leak- Most Leaks will either be solenoid related or valve related. To isolate the leak, adjust your lpr so its not putting out any pressure. If you're still leaking, then its probably a valve leak. If the leak stopped, its probably a solenoid or ram leak.

Solenoid or Ram leak

-Tune lpr properly- solenoids leak when the pressure is too low or too high

-Change the battery if its been in the gun awhile. A weak battery will cause the solenoid to not function properly causing it not to seal correctly

-If your still leaking, take the lpr off and inspect the O rings. If you see any damage at all, you need to replace them. If there's no damage, just lube them.

-There are small O rings between the solenoid manifold and the body of the gun. These could be dry or damaged. Take the solenoid off and look at the 3 black O rings. If they look ok, lube them and remount the solenoid. Screw the solenoid down tight to make a good seal.

-There is also a gasket between the solenoid and the manifold, if this gets dry or damaged your solenoid will also leak.

-The MIDDLE Oring located outside on the Ram commonly gets worn faster than the other two Orings, try replacing if worn or just give it a good lube job.

-There is a small O ring inside the black ram casing. If this gets dry you'll have a leak in the back of your gun but doing all the above wont stop it. If that's the case, its probably this O ring that's dry. You need to unscrew the hammer from the shaft and pull the shaft out the back of the ram to lube. Loctite the hammer back in place once reassembled.
NOTE- The hammer is held into the ram by red loctite. In order to remove the hammer, you must heat up the hammer to unscrew.

Valve Leak

This is a valve or cup seal problem

-Take the lpr out, pull the pin and take your bolt out and then take your ram out. Take the tray off and undo the Big allen screw on the bottom of the main body. This holds the valve in place. Take the screw out - use a pencil to push the valve out the front towards the barrel. Inspect the valve O rings for damage and replace them if needed. Otherwise lube them and stick the valve back in. Then screw in the valve set screw (make sure the valve is lined up so your not screwing into side of your valve!) BUT do NOT over tighten the valve screw or it will leak. (it will also leak if it's too loose so find a happy medium )

-Inspect the cup seal as well, the O ring on the stock cupseal is on the underside of the metal bit. Try taking it out and flipping it over or just lubing really well. Put it back in and then screw in the LPR.

-Another reason you can leak out the barrel when you first air up is that the ram is forward holding the valve open. when you air it up the ram might not retract fast enough leaving the valve open with air rushing through. In this situation, try giving your lpr adjustment 1/2 turn more (clockwise) Or another thing you can do is pull back the bolt pin a couple of times before airing up your gun to make sure the ram is moving freely. then air it up

Hope this helps, as it has helped me over the years.

Feel free to post any experiences (problem with solutions) that may help other users. Thanks and have fun ripping those bushies!

Quality Always Shoots Straight
AGD

bOISE sT. bRONCOS

Last edited by BiggieSMLS : 07-30-2009 at 10:21 PM.
BiggieSMLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2009, 09:56 PM #2
63VDub

goo stuff there. might want to give fivestring a shout as he is redoing the FAQs over at icdo and might want to toss this in there.

on a side note, try Snake River Brewerys Zonker Stout. you'll throw rocks at Black Butte after that.

I am at the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Wiring problems? I know the man who can hook you up with a brand new FURIOUS harness!!CLICK HERE!

http://www.icd-owners.com/ It's where you need to be.
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 PM #3
fivestring

Yes, thats great. I'll add this to the ICDO Bushmaster FAQ's

Thanks BiggieSMLs

Last edited by fivestring : 07-30-2009 at 10:05 PM.
fivestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:08 PM #4
BiggieSMLS
good gravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63VDub View Post
on a side note, try Snake River Brewerys Zonker Stout. you'll throw rocks at Black Butte after that.
hahaha noooooo never
I'm always down to try new beers, Stouts are very tasty! speaking of which, we really need to start a beer thread in icdo

Quality Always Shoots Straight
AGD

bOISE sT. bRONCOS

Last edited by BiggieSMLS : 07-30-2009 at 10:18 PM.
BiggieSMLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:24 AM #5
Tselanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieSMLS View Post
speaking of which, we really need to start a beer thread in icdo
Yes. Yes we do.
Tselanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:04 PM #6
tantrum2323
Color All The Things

tantrum2323 plays in the PSP
tantrum2323 supports DLX Technology
Deuce, next time I see you I need you to help me solve my bushy paint eating problem lol

Brandon Sargent Fan #4

Luxe 1.5 with 2.0 parts for sale!!!
tantrum2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 AM #7
mr.gnarly
Gornlord

any chance theres a troubleshooting guide for pds???
Pre 2000 - Kapp Cocker
Pre 2000 - Cold Fusion Cocker
2004 - E2 Black Magic Cocker

"It is impossible to achieve the aim without suffering"
mr.gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:27 AM #8
63VDub

What trouble needs shot?

I am at the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Wiring problems? I know the man who can hook you up with a brand new FURIOUS harness!!CLICK HERE!

http://www.icd-owners.com/ It's where you need to be.
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote