Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-04-2012, 01:01 PM #589
AlanFolkProject

It would be cool if a local field from NJ joined the league so your area could be represented in the post season playoffs and possibly at the national championship. I have read through this leagues rules and players guide and then met them at a demonstration game. The whole crew is totally into making speedball better for everyone and especially local players who normally don't attend the other league events and field owners who have been backing away from speedball because of all the issues surrounding it.

Tell a local field about the league, tell them your interested, tell them to schedule a demonstration game, and then contact the league so you all can experience what we have found to be the fastest and most fun game in speedballs history.
AlanFolkProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2012, 01:22 PM #590
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
docbiddy plays in the APPA D4 division
docbiddy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cannot wait
docbiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:43 PM #591
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFolkProject View Post
Its official Brules is a moron! 1) not understanding that the video was for demo only and those of us that play the game know its so much faster than anything Brules can ever handle and thats why your sitting at HB right now waiting 45 minutes between games to play in the worlds most boring format. They have 10 cameras out there and they still cant cover the slowest paintball format ever created.
Oh you have the NPL confused with NPPL - that makes sense.

2) Stupid comment
3) can't count number of players on the field as there is only 8 - geez. take your shoes off

I am willing to bet that you are sitting at HB wishing you did not waste your money. BLAH HA HA. Knowing that Arkansas produced another illiterate = fail.

Really, don't get your panties in a wad - if you love PSP or NPPL just say so and don't worry about what this league does or does not do. Its just not for you and that is totally ok since not everyone can play this fast of a game. Every team needs a Pod B***H.
Wow, you are an *******.

Seriously, you come on the Nation and insult people for playing PSP or NPPL. You make repeated jabs at the NPPL and their leadership, and call players clowns because we "want to wear pink beanies [and] everything a different color." You claim to be unaffiliated with the NPL, yet every single one of your posts is in some way related to it. Get off your high horse, and listen to your own ****ing advice. If you like the NPL, don't worry about what the other leagues are doing.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 PM #592
AlanFolkProject

Josh,

You are absolutely right. I was being very much an *******.

To be clear, I don't care what people play. I just know that my team spent a lot of money over the years to be screwed over by the other leagues and we are very ready for something new.

I don't worry about what the other leagues are doing and am only responding to the people here that like to talk about other leagues on a thread that is suppose to be discussing the NPL.

I am not affiliated with the league, but wish I was because I believe they are on the right track.

I do apologize for being rude, but the post was about NPPL and I got very frustrated. The posts I made about the NPPL and PSP were banned and or removed so oh well I guess I struck a nerve and thats why the NCPA ducked out of this thread too.

Thanks for setting me straight.
AlanFolkProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 PM #593
BigSneak775

Some valid points. Just one thing, watched hb, love the event always have. But to me 7 some odd minutes wasted with people looking the same direction and making their primaries then not moving is boring, and these are pros. (mutiny game prelims) NPL puts athleticism back into paintball. PSP turns you around in 2 minutes npl turns you around as fast as you can go. playing the format I had 30 seconds between a point and no ability for a line change.
BigSneak775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 PM #594
NationalPbLeague

Region 6 - Reno Nevada had a great 6 team coaches draft and here is the video:
http://youtu.be/p283YnjbMvI
Old 04-18-2012, 02:42 PM #595
kitiper68
Dein Tot kommt schnell!

kitiper68 posts videos on PbNation
kitiper68 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kitiper68 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
kitiper68 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Region 6's first preseason games are over and they were amazing. all the teams look great and are playing well. this is going to be an amazing season.
kitiper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:20 PM #596
NationalPbLeague

Both Washington and Nevada's regions are under way. Contact Red Dot Paintball and or Reno Indoor Paintball for information on their game days.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:59 PM #597
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Has anything come of the Chicago-area teams? The lack of information is kind of disconcerting.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:04 PM #598
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego

Red Dot is moving along great in the NPL, teams/players are getting better each time we play. Had a couple players play another format last weekend, and they came back wondering why all those players were moving so slow...

Playing NPL forces you to improve your game, makes you think faster and play faster...if you havent tried it...go try it. The videos dont do it justice, you really need to see it in person.

05 Red/Black Ego,07 Ghost Ego,08 Joker Ego
idontknow2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:07 PM #599
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Looks solid....
2 of Keith Devit's Personal Luxe oleds, 2014 vicious axe, Yosh Raus dynasty shocker, Dm10
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post83251657
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:45 PM #600
aji2078

I tried to be optimistic but this format is just not for me. I went to the website, watched the videos and although I haven't played the format I believe I can say that this will be about as successful as moneyball. I agree with you that the nppl has slowed down play recently but honestly I feel psp/ncpa are the ways to go. Paintball is a different game than other traditional sports trying to make it more like football isn't going to help it at all. We need less leagues and formats not more. Paintball is complicated enough adding all this into the mix isn't going to help it grow. People who don't play paintball already find it confusing when watching a game this is just going to make it worse. All that being said good luck with the league, I'm not trying to put anything/anyone down I'm just giving you my opinion, that is after all what forums were invented for.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:48 PM #601
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
pointless
2 of Keith Devit's Personal Luxe oleds, 2014 vicious axe, Yosh Raus dynasty shocker, Dm10
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post83251657
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:15 PM #602
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by aji2078 View Post
I tried to be optimistic but this format is just not for me. I went to the website, watched the videos and although I haven't played the format I believe I can say that this will be about as successful as moneyball. I agree with you that the nppl has slowed down play recently but honestly I feel psp/ncpa are the ways to go. Paintball is a different game than other traditional sports trying to make it more like football isn't going to help it at all. We need less leagues and formats not more. Paintball is complicated enough adding all this into the mix isn't going to help it grow. People who don't play paintball already find it confusing when watching a game this is just going to make it worse. All that being said good luck with the league, I'm not trying to put anything/anyone down I'm just giving you my opinion, that is after all what forums were invented for.
I think this format is much more viewer friendly and is more "watchable". There's an object of possession, just like every other sport. PSP, to an outsider, is just 5 dudes shooting out 5 dudes (which you can't really see unless a bunker occurs) and then hanging a flag.

NPL would be more confusing to an established PSP player.

Needs to me more event videos.

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 05-31-2012 at 06:23 PM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 PM #603
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
paintball will never be a watchable sport on tv...this is just another gametype for players to try than the traditional ones. nothing will come of this....the closest paintball will ever get to being mainstream is psp...and it will never be broadcasted on tv....so have your fun with this gametype...thats all it is
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 PM #604
Enzo28
Nevada Paintball # 28

Enzo28 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enzo28 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't agree. I've been playing this format for about two months. It's a beast. As far as being watchable,more people have shown interest in watching and understanding this format. They want to learn. Crowds and spectators get involved way more in this format.vyou really have to try it in order to appreciate it.

Reno Archaic #28
Reno Aces
DontGitGot
NPL League Killer
Enzo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:53 PM #605
MERCYEH
Professional Wannabe

I truly hope this turns out for the better. If this works, it sounds like it could bring paintball mainstream.
MERCYEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:15 PM #606
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo

watching the videos of NPL wont help you understand what this league is about. If you havent played it or spoken to anyone about it, then you are truelly missing the bigger picture.

Cost is less expensive and you play more often, you dont sit around all day to play 3 games, easier for non paintball spectators and sponsors to follow the play, and for those who dont have a "team", you can still play competative ball.

i understand everyone negative input and outlook, I doubted it myself, until i played and dug deeper into the format and what NPL is trying to accomplish...

Take one day and try the format, you wont be disappointed.

05 Red/Black Ego,07 Ghost Ego,08 Joker Ego
idontknow2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 PM #607
falcore541

falcore541 plays in the APPA D4 division
I've been in the sport a short time (five years) played on multpiple teams and multiple formats. This league supports not only the local fields but younger players. I wish we saw more feedback from pros backing it.

It's a different way to look at the game and all the fundamentals are there. It trains your players to push or defend and builds team work instead of gun battles. I wish this format takes off more over the next season seeing how my local field didn't have enough players.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 AM #608
TheHef

How can reno have this up and running and not vegas?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:01 PM #609
MicHauŠ¹²
I Do My Own Stunts

MicHauŠ¹² owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
where are the links to the legit info

Mainepb.com
"Originally posted by DYE=cool: One time, me and my friends used marijuana needles, to make a long story short my penis fell off."

People that say agg need to die in a fire
MicHauŠ¹² is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.