Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2012, 03:46 AM #1
huckduck

huckduck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
huckduck plays in the APPA D5 division
Pressure gauge changing with HPR

So, here's the deal. supposedly this quest was BNIB when i got it. the asa hadn't been attached, and there were no signs of wear anywhere on it, so i took it as bnib.

anyways, i lubed it up, and started to tune it, and noticed that the gauge wasn't moving with my lpr adjustments. however, it does shoot up if i up my hpr.

so i rebuilt every o-ring i could find (HPR, LPR, Bolt, Bolt guide).

still happens.

the only other thing i could think of would be the cores, but i know nothing about them and doubt the cores could be bad from sitting in a box.

anyone got any suggestions on what i should check next?
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2012, 09:58 PM #2
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
its possible that the core in the lpr is not functioning correctly. Its also possible that the piston inside the lpr isnt moving freely in other words maybe when you placed it in the lpr it was pushed in at an angle and is sorta stuck, or since the orings are new they may be a little tight and if the piston was pushed "far" in it might not be able to be reset by unscrewing the lpr adjustment.(both have happened to me with the same effect that your describing)

Go through everything in the lpr again making sure the correct size oring is in there and lube it lightly(what kind of lube are you using?). when you replace the piston place it in as little as possible and make sure its centered. Back out the adjustment screw and reinstall the cap and go from there

the core: When the lpr is open and the piston is removed you should see inside the lpr housing a little thingy with a spring inside there that the piston sits on, when you push it in the spring gives and air is released through the lpr. Make sure when you push that little thingy down and let go the spring returns it. don't need to take it out to do it but to take it out use needle nose pliers and gently unscrew the like guy at the base

if you check everything out again and still cant get it to work right pm me I think I've got an extra core somewhere.

Last edited by Demo2222 : 03-31-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Demo2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:49 AM #3
huckduck

monkey poo. the springs work in the cores (both hpr and lpr) so i'd assume they're still good. i mean this thing fires, so its not totally broke, but i'm worried i'm gonna mess something up trying to get this to chrono.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:58 AM #4
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
nothing wrong with the lube it sounds like the piston was sticking in the lpr to me. Is it still doing it? If you let the LP spike too high or it could potentially damage the noid but it doesnt sound like thats happened. Thats really the only damage you could do.

So it cycles? and fires. Does the LP hold steady when firing? Did you set the hp at 3 threads, back the lp out and and start from there? Turn the lp adjustment screw until the lp gauge reads ~90-100(or until it cycles correctly but since everything is new I'd just start at 100 until its broken in) and it should be good to start from. After that just put it over the chrono and dial it in with the hp. If the LP starts running away anywhere past 100 unplugg and re-evaluate

does the lp piston feel tight?

Last edited by Demo2222 : 04-01-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Demo2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 PM #5
huckduck

hm, the lpr piston isn't sticking. it moves quite freely actually.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:48 PM #6
huckduck

ok, so i've ruled out the core, although the core looks quite different than mine. (gold one the one on the "broken" marker)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i swapped cores and it was still having the problem and mine shot ok

i reseated the hpr o-ring as well as the front block o-rings. seems to have fixed it. i might have forgotten to do the HPR oring on the rebuild, but it seems to work now.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:43 PM #7
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
wooooooooooooord
its almost always an oring...
glad you got it resolved.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:11 PM #8
huckduck

although its boggling my mind how the HPR oring would make a difference , and its the hpr on the body, not the one in the reg.