Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 PM #589
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB20 View Post
Seriously guys... pause it at :16 seconds, and you'll see that Justin jumps over the snake with his gun up, and what's Jerry doing? Gun up as well. From here on, they're both shooting each other at the same time. At :15, Justin's running full speed, gun down. At :16, both guns up. Both shot at each other at the same time till the refs stopped them. Don't let Frank's personal opinions sway the facts. If someone's shooting at you, you shoot back. If Justin's going to be suspended, then so should Jerry. All you people attacking Justin's character with no valid backing is totally uncalled for and is straight up ridiculous.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:44 PM #590
Jens

has been a member for 10 years
many thanks from Germany for the webcast
Jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:12 PM #591
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

sharkethic86 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB20

Seriously guys... pause it at :16 seconds, and you'll see that Justin jumps over the snake with his gun up, and what's Jerry doing? Gun up as well. From here on, they're both shooting each other at the same time. At :15, Justin's running full speed, gun down. At :16, both guns up. Both shot at each other at the same time till the refs stopped them. Don't let Frank's personal opinions sway the facts. If someone's shooting at you, you shoot back. If Justin's going to be suspended, then so should Jerry. All you people attacking Justin's character with no valid backing is totally uncalled for and is straight up ridiculous.
sharkethic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:47 PM #592
CuLane

CuLane owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CuLane owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CuLane has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniacs1 View Post
Yes.

*edit: I don't think it warrants a suspension, though. Call me mean, but it's paintball, people get shot. So, he shot a few extra people after the point. Call it playing on or whatever, but he didn't really hurt anyone or anything. Worst case, it just shows the NPPL they need to assess they way they handle the end of the match in those situations.
This is a BS argument. Anyone saying it's "bonus balls" is completely missing the context. It was NOT during the match, it was NOT a player he was legally shooting at under any circumstances. This would be like saying a defenseman in the NFL spearing the QB between plays is legit because "it happens during normal play." Anyone crying foul on XSV for raising their marker when they see multiple TBD's bearing down at a full run with markers raised should consider what they would do if someone or many people were advancing aggressively between points with their fists raised ready to punch.

Not to fan hyperbole but this was closer to assault than "bonus balling."
CuLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:54 PM #593
InverT
Product of the 717

Annual Supporting Member
InverT plays in the PSP
InverT supports Team VICIOUS
InverT plays in the APPA D4 division
InverT supports DLX Technology
InverT owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
Spoken like a true know it all who's never experienced competitive sports.
Welp, you got me on that one brooooo

In every competitive sport I have played (baseball, hockey, and paintball) my coaches have instilled a strict policy to be good sportsmen, win or lose. If you "lashed out" you were cut, plain and simple.

Btw, you're avatar speaks volumes about your attitude towards this situation.

USAF 2W1
InverT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:00 PM #594
RyanR
accuracy by volume

RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverT View Post
Welp, you got me on that one brooooo

In every competitive sport I have played (baseball, hockey, and paintball) my coaches have instilled a strict policy to be good sportsmen, win or lose. If you "lashed out" you were cut, plain and simple.

Btw, you're avatar speaks volumes about your attitude towards this situation.
Yea my avy is a wrap up of the incident lol really? If that's the case, then your avy implys you shoot people in the face without a mask... speaks volumes towards this situation.

lol

Insight F/S/T
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:37 PM #595
InverT
Product of the 717

Annual Supporting Member
InverT plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
Yea my avy is a wrap up of the incident lol really? If that's the case, then your avy implys you shoot people in the face without a mask... speaks volumes towards this situation.

lol
RRiiiigggghhhtttt.....

USAF 2W1
Old 04-04-2012, 06:42 PM #596
RyanR
accuracy by volume

RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Just stick to complaining about J-rab.

Insight F/S/T
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM #597
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuLane View Post
This is a BS argument. Anyone saying it's "bonus balls" is completely missing the context. It was NOT during the match, it was NOT a player he was legally shooting at under any circumstances. This would be like saying a defenseman in the NFL spearing the QB between plays is legit because "it happens during normal play." Anyone crying foul on XSV for raising their marker when they see multiple TBD's bearing down at a full run with markers raised should consider what they would do if someone or many people were advancing aggressively between points with their fists raised ready to punch.

Not to fan hyperbole but this was closer to assault than "bonus balling."
I can quote anyone and say "this is a BS argument." For example, I'd like to say that about everyone who likens this to randomly shooting people on the side of the street, or anyone who calls it assault. But I have a feeling we're too far separated on the issue to come to an agreement.

The fact of the matter is, I feel like everyone who is upset by this is over exaggerating, and no number of replies to the contrary is going to change my mind.

A player hitting a QB after the play would be assessed with a late-hit penalty, and MAYBE a fine, if it were severe enough. In this analogy, I don't see Rab and Timmy's actions being even close to what the NFL would assess a fine for.

Even the gentleman who took the extra balls said he, and the entire team of XSV, have moved past it. Maybe it's time that everyone else does, too.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:23 PM #598
Spar117

Spar117 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I can't play the video... It says an error occurred every time
Anyone else?
Spar117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:06 PM #599
InverT
Product of the 717

Annual Supporting Member
InverT plays in the PSP
Because the event has been over for months.

USAF 2W1
Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 PM #600
Spar117

Spar117 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Oh, so those aren't replays? Got it, lol. Is there any way I can watch a replay?
Spar117 is offline   Reply With Quote