PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-03-2012, 07:12 PM #1
krazykubes

krazykubes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
etha instead of phenom?

whats up pbnation, i really want to upgrade from my 98 with cyclone. i was dead set on the phenom up until the other day. i love the way the cyclone system works but hate how far it sticks out from my marker. on the other hand, i dont want to drop an extra 150 on a rotor after dropping 400 on the marker. so, i guess my question is would the etha out perform the phenom? since the phenom comes with the cyclone system and hopper, is the extra 150 i would spend (400 for phenom or 550 for etha and rotor) worth it?
thanks pbnation

Last edited by krazykubes : 04-03-2012 at 09:23 PM.
krazykubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 07:47 PM #2
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
You don't have to buy a rotor, there are plenty of other cost effective solutions that can feed the Etha plenty fast. The Halo Too is tried and true technology and will easily feed the Etha and is significantly cheaper than the rotor.

Having owned an A5 and dealt with the cyclone I thought it was more of a pain than it was worth and would trade it for a good electro loader any day of the week.

The Etha will have the scenario body kit coming out soon if you are into that sort of thing, and will competitive in whatever format you choose to use it in.

The extra for the hopper is a small price to pay for that versatility in my opinion.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 PM #3
tuflehundon
Team Devil Ops XO

tuflehundon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tuflehundon is for the Gunfight
tuflehundon supports Pev's Paintball
tuflehundon has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would get the Etha over the Phenom. If you want the MilSim looks, PE is relaesing body kits for the Etha. Cyclone is more of a pain than it is worth. Upgrade you cyclone so that it works, and you'll spend $100 anyways.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 PM #4
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
calvman is BST Legit
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
I second the halo too recommendation. Or look for a used Reloader B. That by far was my favorite loader before the Z2.

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 PM #5
dtpbmasta
F.A.T.E

dtpbmasta supports Pev's Paintball
dtpbmasta plays in the APPA beginner division
dtpbmasta supports Empire
there is always the vmax loader, its camo for the woodsball player or black for speedball its a great hopper and is not a hopper that will break the bank. but yet get the etha over the phenom anyday man.

Tippmann TIPX, Lapco Front Block, MRT BK Bolt, Remote Adapter, Hammerhead 8.15" Rifled Barrel, 3 Zeta Mags, 4 Stock Mags.
dtpbmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 PM #6
Ryan miller03

Ryan miller03 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ryan miller03 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Etha all the way. My a5 is a dust collector since I got an etha
Ryan miller03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 PM #7
krazykubes

krazykubes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think I'm feeling the ethalove...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 PM #8
dtpbmasta
F.A.T.E

dtpbmasta supports Pev's Paintball
dtpbmasta plays in the APPA beginner division
dtpbmasta supports Empire
I'll admit this I would choose a sling shot over a phenom any day I'm sorry but my phenom was nothing but trouble and a paint blender.

Tippmann TIPX, Lapco Front Block, MRT BK Bolt, Remote Adapter, Hammerhead 8.15" Rifled Barrel, 3 Zeta Mags, 4 Stock Mags.
dtpbmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 AM #9
Ryan miller03

The cyclone feed on my a5 is always getting out of time. It's the new version. I would assume the phenom is the same. With the eye system on the etha you could use a regular "shake n shoot" hopper until you save up for a decent loader, I wouldn't try to shoot fast tho lol. And the new tippmann products come from overseas. I can put ya on a sweet a5 with the new e trig. Cp on off asa and barrel and a expansion chamber
Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 PM #10
SouthernStyle

Honestly it sounds to me that you have your heart set on the Etha and Rotor. You dont absolutely have to have the rotor to make this marker feed. You can go on any youtube video and find someone ramping even with the etha using and rotor. And more than likely the marker is maxed out at the highest balls per second. The realality of shooting this fast at the local field is not gonna happen. Unless the owner does not care about future lawsuits. Now the other thing you wanna ask yourself is can I afford to feed this etha paint? The faster you shoot the more paint you use and the more money you will spend. If money is not issue then by all means by the etha. Their are great alternitives to the rotor such as the pinokio or prochecy and the Vmax by valken. Personaly I would rather have consistant shots vs all this speed and inconsistant shots.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:05 AM #11
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I think I still have a Tippmann product around my house somewhere. I am going to agree with everyone above. You will be much happier in the long run with the Etha. I too, am not a big fan of the Cyclone. There are much cheaper options than a Rotor. However if you go with the Rotor, you will be happy with that also.
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 AM #12
scoutsout132

scoutsout132 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
scoutsout132 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
scoutsout132 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have never used a phenom, but did have a 98 with egrip and a cyclone as well as a 98 with rt and cyclone both cyclones upgraded to the max. They both were great gun and work just fine. I think the cyclone is great for a tippmann. But keep this in mind every field I have been to has said one ball per trigger squeeze so that would mean full auto is out of the as well as three round burst. Like I said never used a phenom but have never seen or heard of someone walking the trigger of a tippmann. But have with a etha. I was also a big tippmann fan but after I used a PE marker I just had to get one. If you have never used one go to your local field/store and see if they have one. The store near me got a demo etha and they let people play with it on the field(for free no rental fee) all the time.

As far as a e-loader, I have had a halo b and it worked great no miss feeds or jams but my problem was for some reason mine was hard to turn on. So i got a rotor.
scoutsout132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:24 PM #13
SouthernStyle

Oh yes I forgot about the Halo loader, its still one of the greatest loaders, I do not like how halo never changed how the brittle shells for the hopper.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM #14
Ryan miller03

If your dead set on a rotor you can find pretty good deals on here. Most people are honest. I bought a rotor v3 for 75$ a while back and it's great.