Community Focus

Old 04-03-2012, 01:41 AM #43
Cory688

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
People go to HB and Vegas because they're awesome locations. I'm curious to see how the other 2 events do this year.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 AM #44
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Annual Supporting Member
Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
People go to HB and Vegas because they're awesome locations. I'm curious to see how the other 2 events do this year.
Yes & no. The reason that there is such a huge participation disparity, is because the west coast & west coast adjacent teams travel to those two locations & not the other two.

If you are a Dye shooting west coast player that travels to those 2 events only, and watched Damage & other pro teams get their markes teched at an event that you couldn't get yours teched...how much motivation would you have to support the league in Vegas?

If you are a player that shoots Evil in tournaments, had a terrible experience with the paint that you were able to buy @ this event (there were multiple complaints about the paint), and then watched Dynasty & other pro teams shoot their preferred paint...how much motivation would you have to support the league in Vegas?

If you are a vendor who was told that you couldn't sell the majority of your product that you just paid to transport, because it was made by a rival, and then witnessed another vendor freely selling gear made by that same rival...how much motivation would you have to support the league in Vegas?
Blacc Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:52 PM #45
Hollywood_FTP
I <3 (.Y.)

Hollywood_FTP owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hollywood_FTP owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Hollywood_FTP supports Team VICIOUS
Hollywood_FTP supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Johnson View Post
Spoken like a true player.

Comes down to $
If you make part of the profits for one league and a much smaller part or none of another. Which would you push and who would you leave?
Dave was a player. Now its the almighty $ and business.
Well said, Johnson. This is exactly what is happening. It's very unfortunate. All that this feud will do is damage paintball as a whole. We will all suffer for it. I don't care other than that. I just wanna play paintball! If that means that I can only play in the woods then so be it. I think that it is up to all of us as players to advance the sport on what ever level that we are on. The big names, tourneys, and feuds will come and go. I'll still be playing regardless.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 PM #46

NPPL isn't only hurting CC and DYE, they are hurting themselves. If vendors cannot make enough to justify the booth space, they will simply not come to your events. Sure Kingman and Bob will be there but the retailers will head for greener pastures unless the lower the prices of a booth. Either way means less $ for NPPL. It's a clear case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face." It doesn't make business sense in any long term analysis.

Improve your damm event, stop punishing the players and vendors for poor management.