calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
Gun issues with Rof-fi chips

Not sure if we were the only team having issues with the chips in our guns. But we had:

2 Ego9's having the shut off due to the power drain issue
2 Legends having BPS spikes as high as 19

Also, if you have an older gun like a shocker the chip will be soldered to your gun.

Just wanted to post this as a heads up to teams playing Chicago/DC.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 05:45 AM #2
Amac
ThisISPaintball.ca

Amac plays in the PSP
Amac is playing at Living Legends V
Amac plays in the APPA D4 division
Not sure if you went to Virtue to let them know the issues you had but it sounds like low batteries in the Ego

Canadian Response Pump
ThisISPaintball
Paintball Photography

Seasons Past:
Spikes 5010, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, South Coast Stealers, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, CRUsh, SportAgressor Russia & Canadian Express
Amac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM #3
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
I shoot a Species and had no trouble with putting it on the "older" marker. It has 2k5 internals but I guess that's still technically old.

Also no issues on any other marker. CSL, Luxe, Vice, Victory, Species, Ego 10, and I think a DM

Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:45 AM #4
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amac View Post
Not sure if you went to Virtue to let them know the issues you had but it sounds like low batteries in the Ego
Nope, fresh batteries. And before you ask they were Duracell.

The issue stems from the specific rating the noid has to have in the 9. If you plug a splitter into the noid harness it shuts down the gun. Here's the link:

ego 9 and rf issues.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."

Last edited by calidrifter : 04-03-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 AM #5
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Boss
Before the first game Friday, my Ego11 did not fire until I rebooted the gun. After that initial problem, the gun fired fine for the rest of the tournament.

I also was not able to turn on my game timer using the bottom button, I had to switch over to the trigger activation.

No beuno.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 PM #6
IcyKoolAid
sugar water+purple=grape

we had a chip not work in a droid.

game timers not working, just likt the guy above said.

and also all our guns were set below 15bps and still shooting over 15bps according to the chip....
Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 PM #7
Tomaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidrifter View Post
Not sure if we were the only team having issues with the chips in our guns. But we had:

2 Ego9's having the shut off due to the power drain issue
2 Legends having BPS spikes as high as 19

Also, if you have an older gun like a shocker the chip will be soldered to your gun.

Just wanted to post this as a heads up to teams playing Chicago/DC.
Did you bring these guns to Virtue? We had, I believe 3-4 Geo's, that were shutting off when a RF chip was installed but when the board was replaced it was working fine. We are currently working with Eclipse to solve this issue. It wasn't with every Geo because Dynasty was using these chips in their guns all of last year and I'm sure there was more then 4 Geo's at the tournament. I believe there was 1,041 chips installed to markers.

I was not aware of any Legend guns spiking but please understand that the chip does not tell the gun to do anything it just splits the connection between your board and solenoid. Is there a Eye off RoF adjustment on those boards? One concern I seen was that players with guns who have Eye off RoF, such as Ego's, were testing their guns eyes off at registration and would shoot under 15, but their guns actual RoF was uncapped.

For the Legend markers can you give me the player names and team name? I'll look at the recordings of your games.

The timers issue I did not know about at the event. If you can bring your gun to me at the next event I will check it out. And in the future if there is a problem, tell us we can't fix something unless we know its broken.

BPS Capping on boards - Wanted to explain that just because your set your board to a certain BPS it could potentially shoot faster then that or slower. Before no one really knew the exact number you were shooting but now that were measuring exact solenoid clicks its exact. For instance on some guns you can set it to 15.2 to get your gun to actually shoot 14.9. And the other way around you might need to set your gun to 14.5 to shoot 15bps.

To any other players that had/have issue with the chips in their guns you can email me at Tom@virtuepaintball.com. Just let me know your team name, type of gun and the problem.
Tomaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 PM #8
rudeawakening 7
pokιmon!

Annual Supporting Member
rudeawakening 7 plays in the PSP
rudeawakening 7 plays in the APPA D4 division
I had a lot of problems. They couldn't make my Droid work with it. Super lame. I took it back to them and they reset my board to factory defaults then I was shooting unlimited semi. gayyy.
⊙︵◔
rudeawakening 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 PM #9
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomaconda View Post
BPS Capping on boards - Wanted to explain that just because your set your board to a certain BPS it could potentially shoot faster then that or slower. Before no one really knew the exact number you were shooting but now that were measuring exact solenoid clicks its exact. For instance on some guns you can set it to 15.2 to get your gun to actually shoot 14.9. And the other way around you might need to set your gun to 14.5 to shoot 15bps.
So who is right, and how many people will pay the price for virtue/gun companies number not being the same. If I set my gun under 15 BPS shouldnt the board be programmed to stay under 15 bps? If not why am I paying so much for something so inaccurate? I love the idea of stats but have a feeling this will somehow hurt players down the road.
Guerrilla Air
The BADLANDZ

Mrglass6919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:31 PM #10
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Only issue we had was the lights going out on the board for a DM11. Not sure if it was the stock board or the chip. We had 3 egos and they all were fine. Battery was draining a little faster than usual. We had a legend also but didn't have any issues with that.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:40 PM #11
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious

pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
My luxe spiked to i put it to 13bps at one point and it still read at 17bps
Mile High Saints #21
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:52 PM #12
PureVia
Alone & Hungry

PureVia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PureVia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PureVia is for the Gunfight
PureVia supports Pev's Paintball
only problem I had was the wires got in the way of my trigger after about 3 games from diving and sliding. But the team sitting next to us which was (Uncensored) had a bunch of problems with they guns spiking to the point where NPPL staff was gonna kick one of they players from playing the tournament.

STORMRIDERS 329

DEFACING FOR: ABCPaintball Field, HKArmy, AVID, Empire
PureVia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:15 PM #13
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

Yup, that was us.

Tomaconda I'll PM you the information as to who and what guns were being used.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:27 PM #14
ementa1
Soul Baller

ementa1 plays in the PSP
ementa1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ementa1 plays in the APPA D3 division
No issues with the chip with us, but one of the Ego 10s we had spiked up to 15.6 when it was capped at 14.

I think the chip is awesome! i felt like there wasnt anyone shooting faster then me at any point. But I do think its good for the gun companies too, now they will have to spend the extra time and make sure when you cap your gun at 15 it should be 15...But at the same time when i play psp, i normally set my gun .5 under the cap, just to be safe so its nothing new that your gun will spike.
ementa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:41 PM #15
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
I had mine spike a couple of times during the testing. It seemed that it was too close to the antenna and the signals may have been overlapping. The Virtue guy was very helpful and I was fortunate not to have any issues.

Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:53 PM #16
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ementa1 View Post
No issues with the chip with us, but one of the Ego 10s we had spiked up to 15.6 when it was capped at 14.

I think the chip is awesome! i felt like there wasnt anyone shooting faster then me at any point. But I do think its good for the gun companies too, now they will have to spend the extra time and make sure when you cap your gun at 15 it should be 15...But at the same time when i play psp, i normally set my gun .5 under the cap, just to be safe so its nothing new that your gun will spike.
I feel the same way about the technology. I just wanted to make other teams aware of possible issues that may arise during the tourney. And see what could be done to remedy the issues.

I feel that it wouldn't have been such a big issue if we had played 2 days, but since D4 played all of our games on Thursday we had no time to get the issues hammered out.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:07 PM #17
Rawdog56

My buddy's ego was shooting at a consistent 18bps (he is actually that fast) even though his gun was capped at 15. The ref told him to lower his bps cap to counter this and told him that the ego boards are notorious for actually shooting faster than they are capped at and read. This is probably just a simple programming bug.
Rawdog56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 PM #18
Tomaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrglass6919 View Post
So who is right, and how many people will pay the price for virtue/gun companies number not being the same. If I set my gun under 15 BPS shouldnt the board be programmed to stay under 15 bps? If not why am I paying so much for something so inaccurate? I love the idea of stats but have a feeling this will somehow hurt players down the road.
The RoF chip is the correct number because its taking a measurement of what is actually happening. Its not that any other product is so inaccurate I think its more based on older technology not being designed to go to a tenth of a second measurement so precise and output that. Now I'm not a programmer so I can't give you a technical reason why one board is right and the other isn't but I would bet its the processor on the board. For instance I know on our redefined boards there could be a +/- of about .4bps from what you set, where as our OLED boards are dead on. There's other guns out there that are dead on such as the Vanguard guns with their stock boards.

I think this is why people put their cars on Dyno's right? To see what the car is outputting and not what your gauges say?

pballerfolife21 - was your luxe firing more set to "Semi auto capped" cause "semi auto" on those boards ignore your cap unless you specifically hear "semi auto capped" as your firing mode.

rawdog - was he adjusting the right BPS cap? there's two on the ego boards.
Tomaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:18 PM #19
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
I have been using Eclipse guns for 7 years now. We had some odd stuff going on with some of the guns. I hope these chips work better by Chicago.

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:19 PM #20
JoMaMa1989

JoMaMa1989 plays in the PSP
JoMaMa1989 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JoMaMa1989 is an NCPA player
JoMaMa1989 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballerfolife21 View Post
My luxe spiked to i put it to 13bps at one point and it still read at 17bps
My SL74 was also set to 13 bps and spiked as high as 16.2 which was a little annoying.
JoMaMa1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:21 PM #21
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

I know specifically on my Luxe it was set to capped semi at 15 bps and it went to 15.6 and i didn't have time to adjust my settings due to my back up being lent out to one of the guys who had a legend.