Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 AM #22
HawaiiPB
exodus

IMO there's Matty Marshall and then there's everyone else.
HawaiiPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 AM #23
kyle53pntball
I'm more legit than you?

kyle53pntball plays in the PSP
kyle53pntball helped look for balloons
kyle53pntball plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxinvision View Post
The announcer that was doing the live commentary was ****ing annoying. Everything everyone has said so far is true and it got quite ridiculous.
If I hear one more thing about Sapparo I'm going to shoot my face off with a shotgun.
lol he said Sapparo SOOOOO much. It was pissing me off too lol.

Im pretty sure the only people that went in the VIP booth are the ones that

A) snuck up there.

B) Got a free ticket.

kyle53pntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 AM #24
iMPy512

has been a member for 10 years
iMPy512 supports Pev's Paintball
The MC was not great at all, only complaint I heard over and over. Other than that a great event and amazing venue!
iMPy512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:24 AM #25
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

I need a username supports Team VICIOUS
I need a username has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I need a username has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I need a username has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I need a username supports DLX Technology
All we could hear from the stream from the c was sapporo and hooters lol
Quitting Sale please take a look!
51st Orca Street Hustlers
I need a username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:32 AM #26
RJ GBA

I agree with mostly everything that has been said. The announcers were completely unprofessional, crude, and downright annoying. I was there on Friday and Saturday and I couldn't help but be disappointed by the lost opportunity for our sport. One of the many benefits to playing paintball on Huntington Beach is the opportunity to attract new potential players and fans. If I didn't have any knowledge about what paintball is about, I would have had a very different perception of it based off the announcers.
RJ GBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 AM #27
Paperscraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ GBA View Post
I agree with mostly everything that has been said. The announcers were completely unprofessional, crude, and downright annoying. I was there on Friday and Saturday and I couldn't help but be disappointed by the lost opportunity for our sport. One of the many benefits to playing paintball on Huntington Beach is the opportunity to attract new potential players and fans. If I didn't have any knowledge about what paintball is about, I would have had a very different perception of it based off the announcers.
^ What he said. ^
Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 AM #28
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
One of those announcers was drunk i think. He kept ****ing up simple words and ****, at least at the event. Also, as I was leaving I was walking up to Matt Marshal and I heard him some kid ask why he wasnt doing the announcing. Matts response: 'Cause Im the enemy.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:43 AM #29
IamRedruM

IamRedruM has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IamRedruM is attending Decay of Nations VI
LoL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkagenda View Post
im 1/16th japanese and the stereotypical asian voices he was making while promoting Sapporo beer offended me.
He must've done alot of bad impersonations if he offended someone who's left hand is Japanese. No disresect, just saying. I wasn't there but did watch alot of the feed, when it was working, and alot of the commentary was ****. I must've missed all the offensive comments. Not knowing what the score was, who was playing, who just got out. But keep in mind they often had the players themselves in the booth with them to help.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:43 AM #30
Funkagenda

im not japanese. and i wasnt offended.

the announcer was just an annoying wanker.

he actually annoyed me enough that i had to come onto paintball nation and ***** about it.
Funkagenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:55 AM #31
pbizlife

pbizlife plays in the PSP
pbizlife posts videos on PbNation
Although it did have flaws that can be fixed and probably will be fixed.it was free and you cant beat that.
pbizlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:50 AM #32
jonboy01 (Banned)

jonboy01 plays in the PSP
jonboy01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jonboy01 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootguy2002 View Post
I'm confident that the announcers you heard online were the same ones we heard live. They were ignorant and unacceptable, to go as far as to single out a female attendee and basically say "I'd hit it" in front of everyone, among other outrages. NPPL, please look into finding a different crew of announcers...
-HKBigWill
I was at the event, i was saying if the people online heard what I heard, they heard the ******* mc I heard
jonboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:53 AM #33
jonboy01 (Banned)

jonboy01 plays in the PSP
jonboy01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jonboy01 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbizlife View Post
Although it did have flaws that can be fixed and probably will be fixed.it was free and you cant beat that.
Also, the event was not free... People paid thousands of dollars to be there and hear a guy who drive people away from our sport

Last edited by jonboy01 : 04-03-2012 at 01:24 AM.
jonboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:06 AM #34
FiresofSirius
Let the Galaxy Burn

FiresofSirius donated to help Peyton Trent
FiresofSirius owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
FiresofSirius is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I had more fun watching the comments from the people watching the live feed on the commentary vs watching the games.

..sniff sniff
FiresofSirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 AM #35
zendingo
fear is the mind killer

i can only speak for saturday and i haven't seen any videos yet but the announcers i heard really need some help, bad.

how difficult is it to just let the music play? i understand that you want to get the crow energized and into the game and everything but i think that if you don't have something relevant to announce you might want to shut up.

it seemed like the announcer loved the sound of his own voice way more than the sport.....
Old 04-02-2012, 10:16 AM #36
TheRedButton

TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy01 View Post
I don't know if they were the same commentators as the ones at the event, but whoever was the MC at the event should never be able to MC at an NPPL event again. The sexual comments about the Saporro and Hooter girls were completely unnecessary as there were kids all around the event. I love me some Hooters girls, but when a parent gets drug out there to see something their kid is so enthusiastic about and all they hear is trashy talk about women and sexual references, the parent probably won't want their kid anywhere near our sport. That was literally the only complaint about the event, it was completely terrible.
Agreed. Matty should probably be MC'ing. He's the best public, non-player face for our sport. Unfortunately he's also the best commentator.

I thought Frank did a good job with Finals though.
Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 PM #37
IamRedruM

IamRedruM has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IamRedruM is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkagenda View Post
im not japanese. and i wasnt offended.

the announcer was just an annoying wanker.

he actually annoyed me enough that i had to come onto paintball nation and ***** about it.
Umm... well then someone hacked your accountcause thats exactly what you wrote.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 PM #38
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
I didnt really pay attention to the announcing that much. It was a little odd; they called our teams names out and then immediatley started talking about a blood drive or something. Didnt seem to flow very well.

I thought Chris did a solid job MC'in last year.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 PM #39
Wey

The sexual references were a bit heavy and I agree that needs to be dealt with. Overall though, the MCs were lively and kept the crowd entertained during low points of the games. I enjoyed listening to them throughout the tournament (at HB).
Wey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:38 PM #40
FreakinJB

I think they should go for more paintball-oriented commentating. He sounded like a guy behind the mic at a shady strip joint.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 PM #41
RoseyNZ
Mid/Snake

RoseyNZ is playing at Living Legends V
RoseyNZ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RoseyNZ has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RoseyNZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
They should fly me over, i'd do it! LOLz,
I heard a few games on teh Webcast. They miss named teams, scores and players. They were talking about the dorito side when they were showing the snake, they were talking about a different game in the middle of the one that was going on, sometimes there was nothing being said during the game, then CLICK "middle of sentence" talking started. So they weren't paying attention to the games at all.

They need people that can comment on the games AND talk about Paintball stuff between points, or during breaks. Talk about the sponsors and teams, various off season details, new roster changes, etc etc. Discuss the NPPL going forward, who's going to win, whos shooting what, rivalries etc etc.

PSP Webcast has been mentioned here so many times cause they are always discussing whats going on. They have 1 main guy *MM* and now have Lasoya in the booth too, generally with 1 other pro player to chat too and get their oppinion from. There's always something being talked about on the PSP Webcast, never any "dead air"
RoseyNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 PM #42
FrontPlaya04
I will set you on fire

FrontPlaya04 plays in the PSP
FrontPlaya04 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy01 View Post
I don't know if they were the same commentators as the ones at the event, but whoever was the MC at the event should never be able to MC at an NPPL event again. The sexual comments about the Saporro and Hooter girls were completely unnecessary as there were kids all around the event. I love me some Hooters girls, but when a parent gets drug out there to see something their kid is so enthusiastic about and all they hear is trashy talk about women and sexual references, the parent probably won't want their kid anywhere near our sport. That was literally the only complaint about the event, it was completely terrible.

It was very hard for me to get my parents to support me when I first started playing in the early 2000's. It was embarrassing for me to bring them to events or to the field when trashy talk was going on. They really hated having their 14 year old kid hearing such bad talk all the time. It took a lot of convincing to get them to let me keep playing.

Nasty NXT for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ight=nxt+nasty
FrontPlaya04 is offline   Reply With Quote