Community Focus

Old 04-01-2012, 10:23 PM #22
hawk_graves
[SoCal Knights]

hawk_graves plays in the APPA beginner division
hawk_graves has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLePhAnTzZz View Post
Hate to say it, but this year's Nppl, was nothing compared to last years. There seemed to be so much more stuff last year. And people were giving out loads of free stuff. Not even that good prices at this years Nppl too. Picked up a 48/45 GA last year for 110, and when i asked this year, 160. Does anyone feel this either?
Yes. I do.
SoCal Knights 3 Man D5--Graves #20--"I'M SHOOTING PEOPLE!!!"

You know your addicted to paintball when someone passes out on the field and someone yells to you "Check and see if he has a Pulse", and you yell "No, hes got a Velocity"
hawk_graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:21 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
WHAT!?!?! Any proof of this? Not calling you a liar but that is a big statement.
Understandable

I spoke to 3 vendors (2 attending and 1 that didn't purchase booth space at this event) that said the same thing. I don't have it written anywhere if that is the kinda proof you need.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:22 AM #24
SHADOWofFAIR

SHADOWofFAIR supports Team VICIOUS
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dumb drama like this is what kills the progression of the sport why cant we all get along?...oh wait that's right some one has to make their wallet thicker.

SP original/Ion XE lover right here
SHADOWofFAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:56 AM #25
spartan117d7

spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Cobra View Post
Fake? How is it fake? Paintball is paintball, and there are many ways to play. It's like saying woodsball is fake because it isn't tourney, but that is totally not true. Paintball is paintball, Woodsball, Recball, Speedball, PSP, NPPL, or whatever. Don't be saying a way of playing paintball is fake. We have to remember that it all feeds off each other. Take one out and it changes a lot.

Ok, "FAKE" was the wrong word, its just it takes a lot out of the game when there are coaches telling the teams where everyone is, it doesnt make the game as exciting.

Willing to pay for trades or anything with these too!!
XBOX 360 Games and Accessories!
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:57 AM #26
SOLECOLLECTOR_23
Hottest SLs on pbn!! Yeee

SOLECOLLECTOR_23 is playing at Living Legends III
SOLECOLLECTOR_23 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
SOLECOLLECTOR_23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLePhAnTzZz View Post
Hate to say it, but this year's Nppl, was nothing compared to last years. There seemed to be so much more stuff last year. And people were giving out loads of free stuff. Not even that good prices at this years Nppl too. Picked up a 48/45 GA last year for 110, and when i asked this year, 160. Does anyone feel this either?
this years was ehh. i like how last years had all the booths and fields in one location. this years it was separated. LAME
SOLECOLLECTOR_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:12 AM #27
Biggest Johnson

Biggest Johnson owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
That stinks Dave Youngblood had his start in the NPPL Now he is turnig his back on them? Thats a smack in the face! Maybe its time to boycott his products?
Biggest Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:44 AM #28
sal briguglio

sal briguglio is a Supporting Member
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends III
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Johnson View Post
That stinks Dave Youngblood had his start in the NPPL Now he is turnig his back on them? Thats a smack in the face! Maybe its time to boycott his products?
Please don't post things that you know nothing about. Dave didn't get his start in the NPPL. He was around WAY before the NPPL even existed.
Proud member of the Master Blasters Traveling Road Show
Proud Supporter of DAN COLBY.
sal briguglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:50 AM #29
Henrybg
Son of the South

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117d7 View Post
if the NPPL does go down, that would be horrible because PSP is too fake of a way to play paintball with coaches and ramping...
you play NCPA which has a watered down rule book of the PSP...what do you mean fake?
Henrybg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:34 AM #30
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Why does it matter so much to what league everyone plays on? Paintball is paintball...
Old 04-02-2012, 10:25 AM #31
Biggest Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal briguglio View Post
Please don't post things that you know nothing about. Dave didn't get his start in the NPPL. He was around WAY before the NPPL even existed.
Oh contrary! Was around back then and well before there were any type of league. Back when Jerry first held the World Cup, in the woods in Newburgh.
Watch the sport progress from there. I only hope you were too?

I would like to see the NPPL continue, but its looking like a knife fight in a phonebooth will be under way is soon. So who's side you on?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 AM #32
Waterbottle24
FREE AGENT

Waterbottle24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Waterbottle24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Waterbottle24 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Honestly, PSP is only going to help the sport grow more. Every major sport has coaches. Why shouldn't paintball? When it comes down it, the field is 120' x 170', when i'm playing I have a pretty good idea of where everyone is the majority of the time, coaching in my view only legitimizes the game.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 AM #33
jbrown88

i was told by keith the head at the norco cc paintball store that sence dye isnt a sponser anymore nppl is gettin back at them by stoping dye at their events.
jbrown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM #34
Biggest Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
Why does it matter so much to what league everyone plays on? Paintball is paintball...
Spoken like a true player.

Comes down to $
If you make part of the profits for one league and a much smaller part or none of another. Which would you push and who would you leave?
Dave was a player. Now its the almighty $ and business.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:27 PM #35
epik808
RED TURTLE MEDIA

has been a member for 10 years
epik808 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
epik808 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown88
i was told by keith the head at the norco cc paintball store that sence dye isnt a sponser anymore nppl is gettin back at them by stoping dye at their events.
That's a ***** move on the nppl's part to do that cc paintball paid for the vending spot they should Be allowed to sell everything they carry. It's not dye they are hurting its cc paintball. If that's the case why let dye products be used in their tournaments already.

The funny thing is pro teams sponsored by kee got to shoot ultra evil paint. Why was that?? We'll those pro teams such as dynasty xsv infamous make the pro league, without those teams nppl pro division would not be the same. If you can make a exception for 30 pro's why not for ALL the players who really keep the league alive? I thought this was a league for the players sure doesn't seem like it? I was apart of the sponsor like a pro program offered by empire and we have a very successful year last year. We were looking to do the same again this year but now were left high and dry. Maybe us as players should teach company's a lesson. Theres more of us then There is of them.

FREEFLOW MILLENNIUM PUMP
OLD FEEDBACK
+33 old feedback +35 new=68 100%positive
HAWAII PAINTBALL VIDEOS
epik808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM #36
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
This isn't drama. This is business. When someone stops supporting your business, you stop supporting them. In disallowing the sale of Dye gear at NPPL events, the NPPL is ensuring that Dye does not receive any benefits from the league they chose not to continue to support.

Take this at face value... the industry is choosing the PSP over the NPPL. Now the NPPL is just making moves to polarize sponsor support in an attempt to make waves - waves big enough to alter the flow of sponsor dollars. They'll be dead within a year if nothing changes.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM #37
mgatti
Xandata Pump Team

mgatti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mgatti is for the Gunfight
mgatti supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
This isn't drama. This is business. When someone stops supporting your business, you stop supporting them. In disallowing the sale of Dye gear at NPPL events, the NPPL is ensuring that Dye does not receive any benefits from the league they chose not to continue to support.

Take this at face value... the industry is choosing the PSP over the NPPL. Now the NPPL is just making moves to polarize sponsor support in an attempt to make waves - waves big enough to alter the flow of sponsor dollars. They'll be dead within a year if nothing changes.
sadly enough you are very correct in what you have said it saddens me to see that WE(players and corporations) are going to be the downfall of the sport WE all love.
mgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 PM #38
ValleyBaller
Milk was a Bad Choice

ValleyBaller is BST Legit
ValleyBaller is playing at Living Legends VI
ValleyBaller owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ValleyBaller has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
ValleyBaller is attending Decay of Nations VII
ValleyBaller supports DLX Technology
PSP - NPPL merger = Win for paintball. Have an east coast division and a west coast division with a world cup being centralized somewhere in the USA
1st Place d2 VPL event 4 2012
1st Place d2 VPL event 5 2012
ValleyBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 PM #39
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
And I wondered why I preferred PSP to NPPL... heh.
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:53 PM #40
rudz
SPOOL VALVED VICTORY

rudz has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
rudz is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
rudz is Legendary
Vendors are not alowed to sell any Dye or KEE products because they don't support the league

The Empire tech was only there because supposedly he came with XSV

Avid was selling PE, but I didn't see a monster PE booth as usual

Thankfully I own a G6R and a Luxe and CP and BL were there.
Ralph "Rudz" Uriarte #951 Facebook
PAINTBALL ADDIX
Action Star Games -Addix Paintball Store 909 370-2800
Da Luxe Mob/Sandana Owners/Ninja Club/Cali Ballers/Fat Ballers Club/Back Players Gang/Headband Ballers/Super Agg Mafia

]**Minitac Pump Mag "Durka Durka"
rudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:26 AM #41
ADOLF
SDVandals.. hit it up

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF plays in the APPA D4 division
ADOLF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What is posted is the truth. I talked to a vendor that usually is stocked shelf to shelf with Dye, told me that they had to pull all non NPPL companies off th
e walls. Unless the company bought in bulk of the product, they would be able to sell. GP had his eclipse stuff there bcuz of his store. Eclipse didnt show. Dye no longer supports NPPL but will have a tech or 2 there as well as sponsored teams until those teams decide to bail as well. Not just one company told me this but 2 others. Only Ninja and GA or self owned companies like PBlyfe and Raza are not affected. Valken is a Platinum sponsor and is able to deal gear as well as paint, which shot great this weekend. The pro teams that are sponsored by Evil and what not, were allowed to use their paint. I even got hit with the famous Dynasty banana ball.

THANK GOD FOR THE BOB LONG TEAM and Luxe crew for supporting NPPL. Luxe was in the CP booth btw. Giant had 2 trailers as well as RPL/D-League (Shawn Walker) with his perdy hummer parked in front..(dodgy) even HK was invited back into NPPL with new team owner Gio.
How this will affect the rest of events.. idk. but HB and Vegas are NPPL's biggest events. Chi and DC not so hot. only time will tell.
VANDALS paintball brought to u by
HK GIANT FURIOUS BODY ARMOR PAINTBALLGATEWAY
SCAN MY AVATAR FOR MORE INFO
VAPORVENDETTA

Last edited by ADOLF : 04-03-2012 at 12:31 AM.
ADOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 AM #42
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Annual Supporting Member
Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Blacc Dragon is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by epik808 View Post
That's a ***** move on the nppl's part to do that cc paintball paid for the vending spot they should Be allowed to sell everything they carry. It's not dye they are hurting its cc paintball. If that's the case why let dye products be used in their tournaments already.

The funny thing is pro teams sponsored by kee got to shoot ultra evil paint. Why was that?? We'll those pro teams such as dynasty xsv infamous make the pro league, without those teams nppl pro division would not be the same. If you can make a exception for 30 pro's why not for ALL the players who really keep the league alive? I thought this was a league for the players sure doesn't seem like it? I was apart of the sponsor like a pro program offered by empire and we have a very successful year last year. We were looking to do the same again this year but now were left high and dry. Maybe us as players should teach company's a lesson. Theres more of us then There is of them.
The hypocrisy didn't stop there either. CC paintball, one of the few vendors that people actually look forward to seeing @ HB year after year, was told that they couldn't sell anything Dye or Empire...but Trade My Gun was selling DM12's & Empire snipers all weekend, even after NPPL was notified & stated that they would be made to stop. I walked past the TMG booth after the championship & DM12's were still on the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post

But, it is drama. Dye themselves haven't been @ a NPPL event for years...so the only people that NPPL stopped supporting with this decision, are the very people that have been supporting them...their internal (vendors) & external (players) customers. Dye doesn't receive any benefits from the league, that they wouldn't receive without the league any way...the affected vendors purchased what they were told that they could not sell last year or prior (maybe not all, but the majority), not just for this event. The players that shoot Dye, had already purchased their markers before this event, but it was at this event that they weren't able to receive any service for their marker, because the league that they support decided to have a temper tantrum.

The industry has been choosing PSP over NPPL for years...but NPPL leadership's ego, vindictiveness, lack of professionalism, & short sightedness will start to alienate the only ones that have continued to support them. Which will quickly lead to their demise...I don't even think that they will finish this year.

These next two events are their worst for both attendance & vendors, followed by another cash cow...Vegas. How many of the west coast players & vendors are going to Vegas after pumped by the league with no Vaseline or reach around?
Blacc Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote