Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 12:35 PM #22
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by a sneaky panda View Post
personally i find nikon to have a better button layout. when i want to zoom in or change any settings i dont want to move my hand to the bottom of the body i want to make the smooth change pulling my hand back to the side. its also much easier to have your hand on the side of the body using buttons on the side rather than hand on the side using buttons on the bottom covering up parts of the screen.

canon does make better lenses, the L glass is amazing, but their bodies will never touch a nikon body. the glass is the ONLY reason people use their bodies for sports. canon cant touch nikon when it comes to low noise at high ISOs.

really though none of this matters to someone just getting into the hobby because you will want to spend the extra money on a decent lens. a cheap lens = cheap pictures. you want something with some reach and a wide aperture so you can run a nice high shutter speed.

personally i shoot with d7000 and a 70-200 2.8 vri which i likely am trading up for a vrii before the season starts
What the **** are you talking about?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2012, 03:28 PM #23
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
he's talking about the beginner series cameras I believe. You can do aperture and SS via scroll wheels on a d3100, etc. etc.

However, enjoy not having an internal focus motor and other things of the like.

Intro DSLR's = Canon
Pro-sumer = 9/10 Canon. 8.5/10 Nikon (just really depends)
Pro = 9/10 to Nikon. 8.5/10 for Canon.

Lenses? Canon all day errday for most applications (price to value). But price point Nikon has my head (knowledge what their new FX bodies can do) while Canon has my heart (menus, layout, feel, glass, etc.)
Old 04-01-2012, 07:17 PM #24
danbob1088
succisa virescit

has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
personally i find nikon to have a better button layout. when i want to zoom in or change any settings i dont want to move my hand to the bottom of the body i want to make the smooth change pulling my hand back to the side. its also much easier to have your hand on the side of the body using buttons on the side rather than hand on the side using buttons on the bottom covering up parts of the screen.

canon does make better lenses, the L glass is amazing, but their bodies will never touch a nikon body. the glass is the ONLY reason people use their bodies for sports. canon cant touch nikon when it comes to low noise at high ISOs.

really though none of this matters to someone just getting into the hobby because you will want to spend the extra money on a decent lens. a cheap lens = cheap pictures. you want something with some reach and a wide aperture so you can run a nice high shutter speed.

personally i shoot with d7000 and a 70-200 2.8 vri which i likely am trading up for a vrii before the season starts
Erm.

What?

I've never had a problem with any of that with Canon cameras and I've been shooting them for 6 years now.

flickr
Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 PM #25
a sneaky panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizzle View Post
What the **** are you talking about?
the lower end cameras, which the OP is more likely going to end up buying rather than something higher up has the buttons at the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fainerbainer View Post
he's talking about the beginner series cameras I believe. You can do aperture and SS via scroll wheels on a d3100, etc. etc.

However, enjoy not having an internal focus motor and other things of the like.

Intro DSLR's = Canon
Pro-sumer = 9/10 Canon. 8.5/10 Nikon (just really depends)
Pro = 9/10 to Nikon. 8.5/10 for Canon.

Lenses? Canon all day errday for most applications (price to value). But price point Nikon has my head (knowledge what their new FX bodies can do) while Canon has my heart (menus, layout, feel, glass, etc.)
that is exactly what im talking about, obviously if the kid is new to the hobby he isnt going to go out and drop a big chunk of cash on a higher end body. i still prefer nikon bodies to canon bodies, but i prefer canon glass to nikon glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbob1088 View Post
Erm.

What?

I've never had a problem with any of that with Canon cameras and I've been shooting them for 6 years now.
see above picture you will see what im talking about. i also love the fact that my d7000 is weather sealed, and has two media card slots.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:28 PM #26
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
the lower end cameras, which the OP is more likely going to end up buying rather than something higher up has the buttons at the bottom

Lower end cameras? That looks like a 50D to me. Get your info straight dude, that's no low end canon.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:45 PM #27
a sneaky panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
Lower end cameras? That looks like a 50D to me. Get your info straight dude, that's no low end canon.

i just grabbed the first photo i could find that explained what i was talking about. my bad that i got the price point wrong. point it, buttons on the bottom are stupid and and ignorant place to put them.

aside from all of that, the best thing nikon has over canon is the fact that 35mm flim aged lens or newer will mount, and almost all of them will function. you lose some of the features like the metering, or AF but they still mount. for the longest time i was using a 100% manual 50 1.4 on my d90 when i had it.

i still think nikon has a better body, and canon has better glass.

Last edited by a sneaky panda : 04-02-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM #28
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
actually nikon and canon glass are equal in IQ. You just spend a bit more on Nikon equivalent (except for the newest canon offerings). You have more options with Canon with primes.

Also if you are flipping the camera away from you to look it doesn't matter where the buttons are. I've always found Nikon (when playing around with them) pretty stupid with how they have things setup to change settings. It just depends on what you like/don't like.

Buttons on the bottom for the 50d or on the 7d or whatever is moot. Only play, trash, info, etc. are on the bottom and once you are setup in the menu and are shooting you'll barely be touching those. Canon bodies kill Nikons until you get up into the higher end prosumer/pro series that set you back a grand +.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:58 PM #29
Freimarck358
Im kind of a big deal

Freimarck358 is playing at Living Legends V
Freimarck358 supports Team VICIOUS
Freimarck358 is for the Gunfight
Freimarck358 supports Pev's Paintball
Freimarck358 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Nikon > Cannon anyday!!! They both perform great and both have their perks but id still have to say Nikon is better in my opinion
Old 06-01-2012, 11:37 PM #30
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freimarck358 View Post
Nikon > Cannon anyday!!! They both perform great and both have their perks but id still have to say Nikon is better in my opinion
Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 PM #31
PaintedSaint
lsdpsilocybinmarijuanadmt

Do you know why canon is better?

Because i own one.
blog.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:21 AM #32
Mike Grenade

Mike Grenade is a Paintball photographer
This thread is worthless and I hope the OP hasn't paid any attention to it.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:40 PM #33
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

ionshooter93 is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Grenade View Post
This thread is worthless and I hope the OP hasn't paid any attention to it.
Like.
CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK
Old 06-02-2012, 06:45 PM #34
LastarsonisT
I only have one rule...

LastarsonisT is a Paintball photographer
Herpinest derpin of herp derp.

"Photography is about showing who you are, not about who is in front of the lens." - Jerry Ghionis

Fotos
PhotoMOB
Closed Thread