PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2012, 04:09 AM #1
jgill07

jgill07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jgill07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JRab meltdown video posted

All of Sunday's footage, including the Damage meltdown, was posted here: http://propaintball.com/chatbox/

The finals starts at the end, and Rabackof's fail is at 7:43:44. Rab doesnt even make the move over the snake beam to get a shot on the XSV car wash guy until abt 3 seconds AFTER the game ending horn sounds, and THEN starts unloading on his face. What hasnt really been mentioned much is that Probst also lights the guy up right next to Rab. Totally unacceptable stuff.

The car wash guy was facing the d-side when the horn blew because a damage guy had ran him down from inside the car wash, and as the horn sounds, he finishes dealing with the guy running him down, and is basically putting his gun up/standing up, when he turns to find out why he is being blasted from behind after the horn to see Rab and Probst unloading. Wow. This is dangerous and should be totally regulated by NPPL, especially after how criticized the refs were all weekend.

Last edited by jgill07 : 04-02-2012 at 05:12 AM.
jgill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 AM #2
KarnivorXSV894
Live from the 925

Christ Krew

R.I.P. Jacob Michael Espindola
KarnivorXSV894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 AM #3
QuiverKiller
SHC

Lol, watching it again (saw it live aswell), I'm definitely even more behind Timmy and Jrab (but mainly Timmy) for what they did. The XSV player (Jerry I think) shoots at Chad who bunkers him on the inside, and then turns to shoot Jrab over the top of the carwash immediately afterwards (which was after the buzzer sounded). Seeing it again, I can't hate on Timmy, because I probably would have done the exact same thing. One thing I will say though is that Jrab definitely kept shooting for a couple seconds longer than I would have, and that was definitely unacceptable. Just so that I don't get flamed to **** by all the self righteous idiots on here, I do still think J-rab deserves a suspension (1 event if not the rest of the season).

Also, I can't wait to hear Paul's opinion of all the shenanigans on VFTD. DeadBox Puppet Army for life
Aftershock Fan #26
Shark Heart Crew
QuiverKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 AM #4
overshot01
Social Paintball

overshot01 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i see an xsv player continuing to shoot as well. Where are the head hunters for him?
overshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 AM #5
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
I would have kept shooting if someone came up behind me and lit me up.

That said, I feel all three ought to sit out one event.

(Yes, I say that at the same time because I'm not self-righteous enough to believe I'm disciplined enough not to react, but I also don't feel I'm above the rules.)
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 AM #6
MychelslikepaintBALL
You're all sheep

MychelslikepaintBALL supports Team VICIOUS
MychelslikepaintBALL supports DLX Technology
wow, there was absolutely no need for that.

hadn't damage lost already?
and if they needed three guys to take out the one xsv guy, i can see why they lost.
just take the loss like a champ, and let xsv enjoy their win.

Sponsored by: Myself
MychelslikepaintBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:06 AM #7
c_dogg4

c_dogg4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Everyone has been **** talking JRab on every other thread it seems like. No person is above mistakes. Yes, he should be suspended, maybe Propst and the XSV dude should as well... They were all still shooting after the horn, regardless of who shot first. It was a bad moment and one that shouldn't have happened especially at the pro level. However, no one can say that they haven't ever given someone a few extra balls when they were upset or disappointed. It's passion and intensity that comes with any kind of finals in any sport. Watch the Stanley Cup playoffs, watch the Superbowl, watch anything... You'll see dudes getting hyped up to compete and then tempers start to flare, which results in fights or arguments or whatever. Was it potentially dangerous? Yes, no doubt. Should suspensions be handed down? Yes. Will this be the last time any idiot on here or a pro bonus balls a guy after the game is over? HELL NO. It's in the past, stop the **** talking and take it for what it is, a mistake. They'll pay the price and move on. Nuff said.

P.s. the dudes on this thread are not the **** talkers. Haha
c_dogg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:17 AM #8
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
As I said in response to J-Rab's apology status last night: He owes no one an apology other than the person he did this to. We all make mistakes, his just happened to be televised.

Oh well ...
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM #9
Waterbottle24
FREE AGENT

Waterbottle24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Waterbottle24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Waterbottle24 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by overshot01 View Post
i see an xsv player continuing to shoot as well. Where are the head hunters for him?
my thoughts exactly...like every other sport though, the guy who retaliates is always the guy blamed...most people never see his side.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:25 AM #10
NUM1SON
PANDEMIC

NUM1SON plays in the PSP
NUM1SON owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NUM1SON plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm glad this got posted. I tried saying that there was no way he would just run down and blow somebody up for no reason after play time in the webcast thread. All I got there was it's "Jrabs fault all the way". I agree with all you guys. This should be a three way suspension for all parties involved.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:46 AM #11
cool3108
British Baller :D

cool3108 supports Team VICIOUS
cool3108 posts videos on PbNation
i quickly filmed only the ending of the NPPL finals from the webcast, maybe easier to watch;
Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 AM #12
DrFresh
the Business

DrFresh owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DrFresh has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by overshot01 View Post
this
Paintball can be an aggressive sport especially when tempers arise, which they ALWAYS do.

Last edited by DrFresh : 04-02-2012 at 10:22 AM.
DrFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:44 AM #13
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_dogg4 View Post
Everyone has been **** talking JRab on every other thread it seems like. No person is above mistakes. Yes, he should be suspended, maybe Propst and the XSV dude should as well... They were all still shooting after the horn, regardless of who shot first. It was a bad moment and one that shouldn't have happened especially at the pro level. However, no one can say that they haven't ever given someone a few extra balls when they were upset or disappointed. It's passion and intensity that comes with any kind of finals in any sport. Watch the Stanley Cup playoffs, watch the Superbowl, watch anything... You'll see dudes getting hyped up to compete and then tempers start to flare, which results in fights or arguments or whatever. Was it potentially dangerous? Yes, no doubt. Should suspensions be handed down? Yes. Will this be the last time any idiot on here or a pro bonus balls a guy after the game is over? HELL NO. It's in the past, stop the **** talking and take it for what it is, a mistake. They'll pay the price and move on. Nuff said.

P.s. the dudes on this thread are not the **** talkers. Haha

Agree with everything but suspension on the XSV player, if I get bonus balled like that, I'm shooting back
Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 PM #14
Aviator89

Aviator89 plays in the APPA beginner division
Looks like the XSV player in teh car was had his gun down, then Probst shot him up at the buzzer which is fine, but then Jrab lit him up a ton after the buzzer and the XSV guy raised his gun to shoot Probst/Jrab. If Jrab didnt light him up, he wouldnt have been provoked to shoot again after being shot the first time. Jrab is def at fault for this IMO, but the other damage palyer, and the XSV player didnt need to do what they did either. And really Damage? down 3/0 with 35 seconds and u pull that bs? just goes to show your lack of sportsmanship.

WTB Marq 6/7/vice rubber grips with window for Virtue OLED boards.
Aviator89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:21 PM #15
GB20
G-no

has been a member for 10 years
GB20 is a Professional paintball player
GB20 is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContractKiller88 View Post
Seriously guys... pause it at :16 seconds, and you'll see that Justin jumps over the snake with his gun up, and what's Jerry doing? Gun up as well. From here on, they're both shooting each other at the same time. At :15, Justin's running full speed, gun down. At :16, both guns up. Both shot at each other at the same time till the refs stopped them. Don't let Frank's personal opinions sway the facts. If someone's shooting at you, you shoot back. If Justin's going to be suspended, then so should Jerry. All you people attacking Justin's character with no valid backing is totally uncalled for and is straight up ridiculous.
INFAMOUS #20
JACKSONVILLE RAIDERS #20
VICIOUS #00
GB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 PM #16
Undertow_2008
Murdertron For Life

Undertow_2008 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Undertow_2008 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Jrab is a big name in the community, that's why he is taking more heat about the incident. Both guys definitely shot the daylights out of each other
Ransom #8

Killing for Murdertron
Undertow_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 PM #17
jgill07

jgill07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jgill07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuked View Post
As I said in response to J-Rab's apology status last night: He owes no one an apology other than the person he did this to. We all make mistakes, his just happened to be televised.
Its good that he apologized on fb and here on pbn, but I think I view an apology here a little bit like your gf or wife cheating on you and then apologizing. She may even be genuine in her apology, but it doesnt change the fact that she has wiring screwed up enough to be capable of that kind of f-ed up behavior, and I gotta cut her loose accordingly.
jgill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:57 PM #18
808_PB

808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
808_PB is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuked View Post
I would have kept shooting if someone came up behind me and lit me up.

That said, I feel all three ought to sit out one event.

(Yes, I say that at the same time because I'm not self-righteous enough to believe I'm disciplined enough not to react, but I also don't feel I'm above the rules.)
But I think Jerry should only be suspended a couple of games at chicago because I don't think he was shooting on purpose (like J-Rab) but standing up for him self by shooting back, but still unacceptable after the horn. But I totally agree with you on the suspensions
808_PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:32 PM #19
kyle53pntball
I'm more legit than you?

kyle53pntball plays in the PSP
kyle53pntball helped look for balloons
kyle53pntball plays in the APPA D4 division
We should adapt like hockey and allow *** beatings mid point lol

kyle53pntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 PM #20
dye7paintball7
OHHHH YEAHHHH

dye7paintball7 supports Team VICIOUS
dye7paintball7 is an NCPA player
Classy
Old 04-02-2012, 04:19 PM #21
tremis
Old Guard

has been a member for 10 years
tremis owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
tremis posts videos on PbNation
Without going frame by frame, and checking who did what, I'll keep names out of it. But, after the buzzer, there is no longer a game of paintball being played. The first person to shoot someone else at that point is either negligent or assaulting someone. No difference whatsoever than if it happened 3 hours later at red lobster. If someone retaliates for being assaulted, good. When we all sign up to a paintball tournament we acknowledge that we may get shot, alot, during a game of paintball. To be shot,alot, outside a game of paintball could be considered a criminal offence. That is the magnitude of what we're talking about. Someone else can go through and see who initiated the assault and who was defending themselves but if it wasn't accidental, there isnt much difference than throwing a punch.