Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2012, 03:32 AM #1
DozerLVL

Oh DP, you so funny.

My wife's G3 has been hanging on the wall for almost a year now, just gathering dust. I figured I'd take her out for a little spin, show some punk woodsball players they need to quit roasting my pump squad with full auto tippmans. Well, long story short I couldn't get the solenoid to trip. Changed battery's, took apart the 'noid and re-lubed it, still nothing. So I called DP's customer service.

Oh boy. Got a nice lady on the phone, went over what the issue was and she immediately told me to "lightly file the back of the trigger". I was like , what? Not believing at this point that this gal had ANY idea what she was talking about, I started asking specific questions about the sensor on the stock board and the science of how it works, and she tells me "I don't know how it works, I just know how to fix it." Well, I remove the trigger and lightly sand the little wing on the back and reinstall the trigger. Guess what works now ?

Anyway, thanks DP for making a truly magnificent marker, me love you long time.
CCI PHANTOM PRAYER: Our Phather, who art in Oregon, hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains, and forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
DozerLVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2012, 06:50 AM #2
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerLVL View Post
My wife's G3 has been hanging on the wall for almost a year now, just gathering dust. I figured I'd take her out for a little spin, show some punk woodsball players they need to quit roasting my pump squad with full auto tippmans. Well, long story short I couldn't get the solenoid to trip. Changed battery's, took apart the 'noid and re-lubed it, still nothing. So I called DP's customer service.

Oh boy. Got a nice lady on the phone, went over what the issue was and she immediately told me to "lightly file the back of the trigger". I was like , what? Not believing at this point that this gal had ANY idea what she was talking about, I started asking specific questions about the sensor on the stock board and the science of how it works, and she tells me "I don't know how it works, I just know how to fix it." Well, I remove the trigger and lightly sand the little wing on the back and reinstall the trigger. Guess what works now ?

Anyway, thanks DP for making a truly magnificent marker, me love you long time.
upgrade the board to a microswitch activated board asap.
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
basementN3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:15 PM #3
DozerLVL

Cheapest you can find? $60 as far as I can tell. . .
CCI PHANTOM PRAYER: Our Phather, who art in Oregon, hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains, and forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
DozerLVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:38 PM #4
SCM killa

SCM killa supports our troops
SCM killa is reppin' sidebar 4 life
SCM killa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SCM killa has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
$35 7th element board on ANSgear.com
SCM killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:28 PM #5
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
well if you were wondering how it works at all, the optical sensor on the g3's stock board is both an infrared emitter and receiver. when you pull the trigger, the infrared beam is supposed to reflect off of the trigger fang, and back to the receiver node.... sometimes, the anodizing on the parts were dark enough/matte enough to absorb/not reflect the infrared beam thus the marker does not register the pull. sanding/removing some of the anodizing gives the trigger fang a more reflective friendly surface.

since the marker stock board is infrared, you may experience issues using clear grips in the sun, and the sun's rays do interfere with the receiver node.
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:46 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by basementN3k0 View Post
upgrade the board to a microswitch activated board asap.
Optical vs. microswitch is mostly a matter of preference. I suppose a microswitch is more reliable, given the trigger reflect/filing shows up from time to time. But I don't think anyone has any hard evidence regarding this.

Basically, do go out an spend $60 or whatever for a new board, unless you feel it's necessary and worth the cost.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:52 PM #7
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
I bought a Virtue board for my F7 and it originally had the sensor. I did not like it. I liked the feel of my G3 which has an APE board with the switch, better. The Virtue had a little addon to make it microswitch. Put it in and have not looked back. I'm gonna have to look for something for the Threshy now, because it's a sensor I just like the more tactile feel to the microswitch.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 PM #8
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
My G3 has been doing the same thing recently. I need to get a microswitch on it.
AoSpades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 AM #9
I'm Batman
Total Noob w/ Good Gear

I'm Batman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I'm Batman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm Batman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
I bought a Virtue board for my F7 and it originally had the sensor. I did not like it. I liked the feel of my G3 which has an APE board with the switch, better. The Virtue had a little addon to make it microswitch. Put it in and have not looked back. I'm gonna have to look for something for the Threshy now, because it's a sensor I just like the more tactile feel to the microswitch.
Some people may call you silly for saying that, but I quite feel the same way. I like the resistance of the microswitch, as well as the audible recognition of it activating. It's odd that such a little tiny thing could make such a big difference, really.

Just wanted a change so I changed names. Still the same ol' me, though.
NEW FEEDBACK
New Old Feedback
Old Old Feedback

Total Feedback: 19+/0-
I never finish anthi...
I'm Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:37 AM #10
disturbed989
gun whore addict

Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
And I think most people will agree with that. The ego/geo is the only marker that I can think of that comes with a optical switch board stock. New marker that is. Notice dp doesn't even make one anymore and hasn't since the g3.
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:29 AM #11
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
Yeah the optic board is complete trash.

Its a shame the G3 had so many issues out of the box. Crap trigger, heavy bolt, horrible lube, bad reg seat, and crap board.

After you replace the trigger, board, bolt, and reg seat.... its a pretty nice marker............................................ ....lol.

I think its fair to say the DP community is thriving on these forums because of the fact we all came here trying to fix the amount of issues we had with DP.
GLOCK 19

October 26, 2014 - Splat-O-Ween Event. Hatfield, PA. Sign up now!
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
Yeah the optic board is complete trash.

Its a shame the G3 had so many issues out of the box. Crap trigger, heavy bolt, horrible lube, bad reg seat, and crap board.

After you replace the trigger, board, bolt, and reg seat.... its a pretty nice marker............................................ ....lol.

I think its fair to say the DP community is thriving on these forums because of the fact we all came here trying to fix the amount of issues we had with DP.
Trigger is matter of preference. A lot of people replace a trigger to their liking regardless of what marker it is. The stock bolt worked fine. There was hardly any difference between the stock and the V1 TechT bolt. Only the V2 bolt was significantly different because it changed the mode of operation. Lube is cheap, and if you were unlucky to receive that bad batch of DP40 lube, just replace it with any other grease available. The old reg seat wasn't idiot-proof. You had to force it in order to crush it. The new reg seat isn't all that different. I purposely crushed a new one, and it's just a little harder to destroy, but was still forced.

The board, however, is definitely lacking. I suspect DP just went with the cheap option. A lot of people upgrade their boards if they're going to play in tournaments, since the rules and regulations on firing modes change fairly often. And those board that are well suited for tourneys are not cheap. G3 is a entry-level or budget marker, and putting an expensive, fancy board in it doesn't make sense.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:11 PM #13
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
1. Trigger has almost no adjust-ability and we were forced to "shave" the trigger to get the board to pick it up.
2. The board was an optical board that did not work properly. Everyone eventually had issues with it.
3. The board had an extremely high failure rate in general and a lot of people had the "gun won't stop firing" issue or the board being fried for leaving a battery in it too long with a low voltage.
4. The bolt design was pretty much crap from the start; the amount of shots per fill were ridiculously bad, and the lack of a solenoid control worth a damn increased this issue.
5. The Tech-T bolt #1 was crap, everyone knows it was crap, even TechT will say it was crap.... but this has nothing to do with the G3s original performance.

For a G3 to be any type of performer you pretty much had to replace everything but the shell; and the customer service was pathetic. Only thing that kept people coming to DP was as followed....

Price, locking feedneck, on/off asa, light weight, availability. At the time, at the price - it was the best bang for the buck even with its issues.

I still have my G3 and I love it with its upgrades.... but without its upgrades it kicked like a mule, had no adjust-ability, and was a huge air hog.

OH and I almost forgot the amazing 90 degree macro elbows exploding on people and sending metal shrapnel in all directions in staging areas. I got a nice little cut from my 90degree exploding. Learned my lesson and replaced every 90degree fitting on my DP markers. Its pretty bad when you call up DP and explain the fitting exploded and they refuse to replace it but offer to sell you a new one.
GLOCK 19

October 26, 2014 - Splat-O-Ween Event. Hatfield, PA. Sign up now!

Last edited by phillysteve : 04-04-2012 at 02:16 PM.
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:09 PM #14
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 is Boss
CCM air fittings are the ****.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 PM #15
asfaraslogic
Professional Hater

30 dollars for a set of fittings... sheesh
asfaraslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 PM #16
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by asfaraslogic View Post
30 dollars for a set of fittings... sheesh
they're rebuildable and have a warranty.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 PM #17
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
critical fittings ftw

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 AM #18
young.vito

young.vito owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
young.vito owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
young.vito supports Team VICIOUS
young.vito supports DLX Technology
When did Techt switch from the v1 to v2 of the L7 bolts?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:42 AM #19
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by young.vito View Post
When did Techt switch from the v1 to v2 of the L7 bolts?
Pretty early on in the release of a bolt for the G3. The V1 is just a bolt. It looks very similar to the stock bolt with the exception of an open face and more of a yellow/gold color instead of the orangish color of the stock bolt. The V2 is the bolt engine. The bolt engine includes the backcap and spacer part and the smaller yellow/gold bolt that looks nothing like the stock bolt.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:27 PM #20
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by basementN3k0 View Post
CCM air fittings are the ****.
just put a set on my traitor shocker because a normal one wouldnt fit between the reg and guard. these things are truly a work of art.